Week 8 General Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

6 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Cos he danced (or tried)?

Yes. If you've ever read a Bill Belichick pre-draft scouting report on any QB they go deep into their family history and analyze how their upbringing would factor into their ability to constantly hold the respect of their teammates. He knows these are things largely decided before you even reach the NFL. Mahomes has IT. Brady has IT. I'm telling you, Drew Lock, doesn't have IT.

You might not be willing to look at things the sort of way me and Bill Belichick do, and that's fine. But I've seen more than enough to be overly confident that the path to a superbowl would have to be with somebody else. Now, maybe you can boost his trade value by waiting till the offseason and lose less games that way to keep your team more relevant in FA pitches. Thats something Elway would have to sit down with a few really smart trustworthy people and work out all the details of.

Just now, Kael said:

I agree that Gus has to go, simply because of his lack of any ability, what so ever to make in game adjustments.

Lynn I am 50/50 on, you can possibly do better, but you can also do far worse. I think because of COIVID, how Herbert is playing and how many injuries the team he has he will have another year, or so. I would rather not have Herbert have the start to his career mirror that of his at Oregon, perpetually changing coaching staff.

Herbert, as awesome as he has been also hurt us at times this game. But you have to expect that, at some point. He is a rookies, with no off season, he will make mistakes. But what he has shown so far should make us as Charger fans happy. This season, meh, let's get him some picks and build the team. 

We just need to be damn healthy for once this decade.. all Herbie needs is some oline help and a atleast avg level healthy squad.

Imagine if we could close games. We'd be talk of the league sitting pretty at 6-1.

1 minute ago, Kirill said:

Yes. If you've ever read a Bill Belichick pre-draft scouting report on any QB they go deep into their family history and analyze how their upbringing would factor into their ability to constantly hold the respect of their teammates. He knows these are things largely decided before you even reach the NFL. Mahomes has IT. Brady has IT. I'm telling you, Drew Lock, doesn't have IT.

You might not be willing to look at things the sort of way me and Bill Belichick do, and that's fine. But I've seen more than enough to be overly confident that the path to a superbowl would have to be with somebody else. Now, maybe you can boost his trade value by waiting till the offseason and lose less games that way to keep your team more relevant in FA pitches. Thats something Elway would have to sit down with a few really smart trustworthy people and work out all the details of.

Look, I think Lock basically sucks. But complaining that HE ISN'T A GOOD DANCER is just stupid. But it's on brand for you so whatever. Also Belichick isn't a good GM, sooooo.

1 minute ago, JMG5 said:

I don't agree with this at all. You're on 1st down. Run the clock down at least.

I agree with the decision; kicking is largely mental. Send him out early to let them know you aren't scared. This is the dude who called an onside in the superbowl. He knows what he's doing not letting his kicker sit around waiting to kick.

• Like 1