Gute Sucks. Fire Gute.

MacReady

I'm with @vegas492; no way the cap takes a hit with both the players and owners are opposed to it. We the fans will get the bill for it probably, but...

Also, we need to take a legit look at our defense. We're not bitching about ILB anymore, our secondary needs to be in a better scheme and we're two halfway decent IDL's away from a solid front-7. The draft and a new DC should be able to fix most of these issues or at least get them to the point in which they're no longer liabilities.

Man this team is so frustrating. Oh well, at least I know what to expect this year. Won't even waste my time watching the SF game. Hard to get excited for a team when its the same results every year. 

On a side note, can hockey season hurry up and arrive so I can hell at the TV when the Red Wings are on instead of the Packers.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

@AlexGreen#20, could Chandon Sullivan thrive in the Redmond/Greene role?

Thomas plays safety and Lavar Arringtons it.  Savage moves to Chandon’s role.  Chandon moves to Redmond’s role.

Pettine is fired.

Super Bowl.

That role doesn't exist without Mike Pettine.

The mediocre DB on the field to play hybrid LB is a Pettine special.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

That role doesn't exist without Mike Pettine.

The mediocre DB on the field to play hybrid LB is a Pettine special.

I have to assume anything that happens this season and we would still run something similar to what we’ve been running.  

If we're switching back to "what's best long term" I'm serious when I say, we may want the Niners to shell us on Thursday so maybe, we'll fire Pettine. If Gute isn't going to add any talent personnel wise to the team, the only other way to possibly salvage the season is to get Pettine out. That's not going to happen without another embarrassing performance, and what better chance against a junior varsity 49ers team...

Edited by packfanfb

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If we're switching back to "what's best long term" I'm serious when I say, we may want the Niners to shell us on Thursday so maybe, we'll fire Pettine. If Gute isn't going to add any talent personnel wise to the team, the only other way to possibly salvage the season is to get Pettine out. That's not going to happen without another embarrassing performance, and what better chance against a junior varsity 49ers team...

Best possible outcome is for us to win 63-56 and pettine gets canned

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

It’s just sad that we have to root against our defense for something good to happen.

I just know 100% we’re going to put up a strong performance against a depleted offense and then we will scrap our way to 15th overall defense with some truly pathetic offenses we play only to get **** ****** on national television in either the divisional or championship round.