Jump to content

Da Tank Thread


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, LionArkie said:

My money is on top 5.

I think so too...
A lot of NFC East teams currently with worse records but they play each other a bunch still so someone has to win:)
Carolina has McCaffrey back after a long absence so they should be much better.
Cincinnati has been inconsistent but they have been in a lot of games with a QB that is looking pretty darn good. Ditto for the Chargers.
Other bad teams in the mix too with the Patriots, Falcons, and Texans but I bet at least two of those teams performs better than the Lions do down the stretch.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 NY Jets 0-8

2 Jacksonville 1-7 

3 Dallas 2-7 

4 NY Giants 2-7

5 Washington 2-6 

6 LA Chargers 2-6

7 Houston ->MIA 2-6

8 New England 2-5

9 Cincinnati 2-5-1 

10 Carolina 3-6 

11 Atlanta 3-6 

12 Detroit 3-5

 

I bolded those who likely would not take a QB.  Dallas is dependent on Dak.  If Dallas realizes how much worse they are without him, they may finally give him money. The Giants, Dallas, and Washington all play each other so two or three of them will likely move behind us. The big problem is that I don't really want a QB in this draft if it isn't Fields or Lawrence so we likely will need to get ahead of the Jets or Jags, which seems a little unlikely at this point.  I can se us finishing top 5 but I think our best chance at an elite QB prospect was last year unless someone is willing to take Stafford and 5 for #1 or 2, which again seems unlikely.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Superduperman said:

There are so many garbage *** teams in the league, and we still play several of them.

Face it folks, it's 6-10, Quinn and Patricia return, we draft 14th or 15th, and so the mediocrity train rolls on

Unfortunately, I think that the team definitely wins a few more games against ****ty teams. They also seem to randomly beat a good team. 

Patricia is fighting for his job, so he's not just going to roll over. I think that the players will keep playing hard too, since they know that if there's a new regime that no one is really safe. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Outside of Washington, I don't see another W on the schedule with the slate of injuries and way that the team has been playing. Carolina has some pieces and can be a tough play. If they keep getting good QB play out of Teddy B I would call that at least a 50/50 and even lean towards the Panthers. If KG and Flowers do come back we'd have more of a fighting chance but there's just no obvious W coming up IMO. We're staring at 4-12, which is likely going to slot us in the top 6. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lions hurt their tank chances with a disgusting last minute comeback win against Washington today. Lions are now 1.5 games out of the playoffs and also sitting at the 16th pick in the draft. Worst possible scenario, we win just enough to keep Quinntricia and not bad enough to get a top pick. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2020 at 8:52 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

I bolded those who likely would not take a QB.  Dallas is dependent on Dak.  If Dallas realizes how much worse they are without him, they may finally give him money. The Giants, Dallas, and Washington all play each other so two or three of them will likely move behind us. The big problem is that I don't really want a QB in this draft if it isn't Fields or Lawrence so we likely will need to get ahead of the Jets or Jags, which seems a little unlikely at this point.  I can se us finishing top 5 but I think our best chance at an elite QB prospect was last year unless someone is willing to take Stafford and 5 for #1 or 2, which again seems unlikely. 

Not exactly sure what would prevent Atlanta or Carolina from grabbing a QB.  Matt Ryan is already 35 years old, and if they view their QBOTF in this draft they'd absolutely jump at the chance to take them IMO.  They haven't made the playoffs the last two years, and they're probably closer to rebuilding then they are to contending.  Carolina has Teddy Bridgewater.  He's a stopgap QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2020 at 10:36 AM, CWood21 said:

Not exactly sure what would prevent Atlanta or Carolina from grabbing a QB.  Matt Ryan is already 35 years old, and if they view their QBOTF in this draft they'd absolutely jump at the chance to take them IMO.  They haven't made the playoffs the last two years, and they're probably closer to rebuilding then they are to contending.  Carolina has Teddy Bridgewater.  He's a stopgap QB.

This. The Packers just drafted a QB with Rodgers still in the fold so the Falcons, Panthers, Bears with a trade up because they have to be desperate, could all be looking at future replacements in the top 10. I would think the Lions with a new regime would also be in that boat and should look to develop the position. Stafford has always been a good QB but he has never elevated the franchise and at this point it’s most likely not going to happen either. If the new regime comes in and keeps him, he can bring the team back to competing for a playoff spot but I don’t think they’re competing for Super Bowls with him so drafting one of the top 4 QBs if they’re available should be the move here. I think Okudah is still going to be a great corner for this team but if you had a chance to rewind and take Herbert to move your window up, I’m sure everyone here would. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, skhurst0398 said:

This. The Packers just drafted a QB with Rodgers still in the fold so the Falcons, Panthers, Bears with a trade up because they have to be desperate, could all be looking at future replacements in the top 10. I would think the Lions with a new regime would also be in that boat and should look to develop the position. Stafford has always been a good QB but he has never elevated the franchise and at this point it’s most likely not going to happen either. If the new regime comes in and keeps him, he can bring the team back to competing for a playoff spot but I don’t think they’re competing for Super Bowls with him so drafting one of the top 4 QBs if they’re available should be the move here. I think Okudah is still going to be a great corner for this team but if you had a chance to rewind and take Herbert to move your window up, I’m sure everyone here would. 

I'd still take Tua over Herbert.  And agree I'd probably rather have Herbert than Okudah at this point.  I am not so high on the QBs this year other than Lawrence and Fields. If they are gone, go BPA on DL or LB and build the defense. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I'd still take Tua over Herbert.  And agree I'd probably rather have Herbert than Okudah at this point.  I am not so high on the QBs this year other than Lawrence and Fields. If they are gone, go BPA on DL or LB and build the defense. 

Agree with this word for word. Especially for the draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...