GDT: The fight for positioning! Will Dallas be Cooked?

buddy_z34

I wonder if some people really only want draft capital or they are actually just praying for the team to be nothing without Dak.

This isn’t even a good draft. Half the top 30 guys didn’t even play this year.

You don’t start wanting to tank until you are eliminated from the playoffs. 

Edited by DaBoys

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

I wonder if some people really only want draft capital or they are actually just praying for the team to be nothing without Dak.

This isn’t even a good draft. Half the top 30 guys didn’t even play this year.

You don’t start wanting to tank until you are eliminated from the playoffs. 

I want the draft capital, so we can use it to build a defense that won’t blow leads after our QB1 puts up 30-40+ points and lose the game.

7 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I just hate this draft because nobody played this year

Quite a few good players didn't opt out. 

4 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I love landing future 1st round picks, which we could almost certainly get with one of the QBs on the board. That would be the more enticing piece of trading back, to me.

Same. If we could get two firsts next year, plus an additional 2nd this year in a trade down - I'd be thrilled. 

Just now, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I love landing future 1st round picks, which we could almost certainly get with one of the QBs on the board. That would be the more enticing piece of trading back, to me.

See, I was totally on team tank, but now that we have 3 wins and Martin at OT, I don’t see how we get pick 1 or 2. Pick 8-15 isn’t as enticing as a playoff run to me. The Vikings were one of the hottest teams in the league coming in to Sunday riding a 3 game win streak. Dalvin Cook and Thielen were supposed to kill us, and they did, but we won anyway. The Steelers are 10-0, and even though I thought Gilbert played well, after seeIng the offense yesterday, I feel like maybe Dalton could have won it. 

3 minutes ago, D82 said:

Quite a few good players didn't opt out. 

Same. If we could get two firsts next year, plus an additional 2nd this year in a trade down - I'd be thrilled. 

Parsons and Sewell did though. So if we don’t want Lawrence/ Fields, and we want a guy that played last year who are we taking at 3? Hypothetically 

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

See, I was totally on team tank, but now that we have 3 wins and Martin at OT, I don’t see how we get pick 1 or 2. Pick 8-15 isn’t as enticing as a playoff run to me. The Vikings were one of the hottest teams in the league coming in to Sunday riding a 3 game win streak. Dalvin Cook and Thielen were supposed to kill us, and they did, but we won anyway. The Steelers are 10-0, and even though I thought Gilbert played well, after seeIng the offense yesterday, I feel like maybe Dalton could have won it. 

For me, a playoff run consists of one game in which I suspect we lose. So I’m still a firm member of team tank. 

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I agree with you, especially if we win Thursday. 

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Can’t have @buddy_z34 dishing out winning GDT again then. 

Next man up.

I disagree.  We can’t make up new rules as we go along.  Let’s face it... other than Matts, Buddy is the most hated poster in the forum.  But, We have to give him a chance to ride this out.  Who knows what will happen?  Tanking was my highest priority.  But if Dalton goes on a win streak and proves we can win with a $3M QB, I’m okay with that too.  The point is that we can’t try to change karma at this point.  We gotta let it ride with buddy.