When is enough enough?

Pool

23 hours ago, ChiCity said:

The time to get out is now. 

I need to emotionally detach from the Chicago Bears and I have taken the following steps:

• cancel ESPN+ subscription
  • cancel NFL.com replay subscription
  • unsubscribe to The Chicago Audible podcast, Under Center podcast and T Formation podcast
  • unfollow all but 2 of 40+ chicago bears and NFL related commentators on twitter
  • unfollow Chicago Bears official twitter, facebook and Instagram accounts
  • will not watch the remainder of the NFL conference playoffs
  • will not purchase Bears gear for myself
  • will not purchase any tickets for the 2021 season 
  • will not watch live Bears preseason games in 2021
  • will not attend Bears training camp, if permitted by health guidelines
  • will not purchase any NFL analysis related to the NFL draft

I will retain these connections to the Bears

• follow Adam Hoge and Adam Jahns on twitter & listen to podcast
  • watch the super bowl (please g-d, do not let GB win again)
  • remain engaged on footballsfuture once per week

The only way I am willing to engage further with the bears is a miracle of hope at the QB position such as getting a rookie QB without trading a future R1 pick or landing Watson/Dak and I don't need to invest any time / emotional energy for that to happen or to hear about the details

LOL

On 1/13/2021 at 2:24 PM, ChiCity said:

The time to get out is now. 

I need to emotionally detach from the Chicago Bears and I have taken the following steps:

• cancel ESPN+ subscription
  • cancel NFL.com replay subscription
  • unsubscribe to The Chicago Audible podcast, Under Center podcast and T Formation podcast
  • unfollow all but 2 of 40+ chicago bears and NFL related commentators on twitter
  • unfollow Chicago Bears official twitter, facebook and Instagram accounts
  • will not watch the remainder of the NFL conference playoffs
  • will not purchase Bears gear for myself
  • will not purchase any tickets for the 2021 season 
  • will not watch live Bears preseason games in 2021
  • will not attend Bears training camp, if permitted by health guidelines
  • will not purchase any NFL analysis related to the NFL draft

I will retain these connections to the Bears

• follow Adam Hoge and Adam Jahns on twitter & listen to podcast
  • watch the super bowl (please g-d, do not let GB win again)
  • remain engaged on footballsfuture once per week

The only way I am willing to engage further with the bears is a miracle of hope at the QB position such as getting a rookie QB without trading a future R1 pick or landing Watson/Dak and I don't need to invest any time / emotional energy for that to happen or to hear about the details

I've been hearing this from fans for decades now and they're still here. 

Let's be honest here, nobody is going anywhere.  Come September you will still watch the Bears. It's just what we do as fans. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Let's be honest here, nobody is going anywhere.  Come September you will still watch the Bears. It's just what we do as fans. 

I'm not getting out, I am just getting less invested. I'll still watch the games, post here, and follow some of the news. But I will not let it consume me like it used to, after all why should the Bears ineptness ruin a day for me since I can't control them.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

I'm not getting out, I am just getting less invested. I'll still watch the games, post here, and follow some of the news. But I will not let it consume me like it used to, after all why should the Bears ineptness ruin a day for me since I can't control them.

Bingo this is exactly how I feel. My boss is a die-hard Cowboys fan and has similar apathy for his team. He said he use to live and die by the Cowboys and now he watches but that same obsessive fire is gone.

I think that is pretty sad, but also where I'm headed too.   

On 1/15/2021 at 1:27 PM, Nads786 said:

Bingo this is exactly how I feel. My boss is a die-hard Cowboys fan and has similar apathy for his team. He said he use to live and die by the Cowboys and now he watches but that same obsessive fire is gone.

I think that is pretty sad, but also where I'm headed too.   

Same here. I'm looking to sell a bunch of jerseys because they trade off the good players, overpay the bad ones and then burn bridges with the legends.

I'm just a fan of football now, no need to spend my money on a team that doesn't care about the fans. I'll like players and that's it.

40 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

Same here. I'm looking to sell a bunch of jerseys because they trade off the good players, overpay the bad ones and then burn bridges with the legends.

I'm just a fan of football now, no need to spend my money on a team that doesn't care about the fans. I'll like players and that's it.

I actually told my wife I should mail all my Bears stuff back to them with the exception of my Walter Payton autographed football. They wouldn't care at all but I thought it would be a little funny and show how I feel about them.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2021 at 8:36 AM, JAF-N72EX said:

I didn't watch their losing streak.  Why torture yourself?  

I am probably not going to buy gamepass next year either.  We'll see.   One big reason is they keep pissing me off.

So you can't watch games live is deal unless you use a VPN or whatever and cheat.   So I will watch games at night.   I go to sign in XBox last night and the app is unhooked and requires me to resign in and link my account.

Well I do it and it defaults to default mode and shows me all scores which is the default mode for some reason.  Waited whole day for nothing.

And it is supposed to have games with no commercials following live match.   But they leave commercials in AND it is supposed to offer condensed games 2 hours after game, but they don't until next day at earliest.   There is no one you can call to fix it or complain.   

Multibillion dollar company and they give worst possible customer service.  

• Like 1

On 1/15/2021 at 8:36 AM, JAF-N72EX said:

Totally. I'm still a Bears fan. I will still be praying for a QB in the Spring and cheering for them Week 1. I am just trying to focus less on it. This weekend not watching the playoffs sucked but also helped. I also havent been able to stay off this forum as much as I hoped but every week a little less. Its just become more than a game when its legit making me sad or upset. So I need to detach. Its not so much a I am punishing the bears thing as it is managing my own EQ. 

11 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

I actually told my wife I should mail all my Bears stuff back to them with the exception of my Walter Payton autographed football. They wouldn't care at all but I thought it would be a little funny and show how I feel about them.

My Payton jersey is untouchable. The rest can go... Mack, Trubs, J. Howard

• Like 1

On 1/18/2021 at 11:57 AM, dll2000 said:

I am probably not going to buy gamepass next year either.  We'll see.   One big reason is they keep pissing me off.

So you can't watch games live is deal unless you use a VPN or whatever and cheat.   So I will watch games at night.   I go to sign in XBox last night and the app is unhooked and requires me to resign in and link my account.

Well I do it and it defaults to default mode and shows me all scores which is the default mode for some reason.  Waited whole day for nothing.

And it is supposed to have games with no commercials following live match.   But they leave commercials in AND it is supposed to offer condensed games 2 hours after game, but they don't until next day at earliest.   There is no one you can call to fix it or complain.   

Multibillion dollar company and they give worst possible customer service.  

Your issue seems to be more with the Xbox app than it does to do with the team or content. I don't have an Xbox but my only complaints on PC are that this year they have lowered the highest resolution from 720p down to 540p. They also seemed to be missing some significantly large gaps between plays. Their search for specific type of plays is a joke too since it doesn't even show all of the plays that fit the criteria. 

I've have gamepass for ~10 years now and I didn't have these issues in the past. I'm willing to give them a pass this year because it could be because of C19 and lack of staff. 

7 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Your issue seems to be more with the Xbox app than it does to do with the team or content. I don't have an Xbox but my only complaints on PC are that this year they have lowered the highest resolution from 720p down to 540p. They also seemed to be missing some significantly large gaps between plays. Their search for specific type of plays is a joke too since it doesn't even show all of the plays that fit the criteria. 

I've have gamepass for ~10 years now and I didn't have these issues in the past. I'm willing to give them a pass this year because it could be because of C19 and lack of staff. 

My issue is with NFL which hires a company to create and run Xbox App and does a crappy job of it.  

Even on computer it was way better years ago.   They made it worse over time.  They used to have editing and drawing  features built in which was really cool.

HUDL is 1000x better in every way and I last used HUDL 4 or 5 years ago and they constantly improve it.   Sad because HUDL is a tiny company relatively speaking.  Simple thing for NFL to hire HUDL to run gamepass.    

NFL has a monopoly on football and all monopolies make companies relatively poorly run.   

Edited by dll2000

You need to realize this is nothing new.  Think on this.

The Bears just finished the season at .500.

It had been 20 years since they won a championship.

They only had 3 winning seasons in that entire time and had not won a single playoff game.

They had 5 different head coaches and they had 10 different starting quarterbacks over that time.

The year 1983.  Two years later they won the super bowl. Just say'n

• Like 1