Week 10 - Rams vs Seahawks

RamRod

Hopefully this will be a bounce back game for us. 

We're coming off a bye week giving us extra time to prepare. We're rested and will be getting A'Shawn Robinson and Jordan Fuller back. 

Seattle's defense has been suspect all year. Perfect opportunity for Jared Goff to get back on track.

Every NFC West team lost last week and getting a win over a division rival would be huge.

Im so looking forward to this game. I strongly believe the Rams win 31-27. Fun fact: The last 5 times the Rams have faced the Seahawks they have scored at least 28pts. The only time under McVay that they didnt score that many points was his first meeting against the Seahawks as the coach of the Rams. That was the game Kupp dropped the GW TD. I think in this game though the Seahawks offense will score points because they have the weapons but I think Wilson will have to be the MVP to do so and still it wont be enough. Unlike the Bills, the Rams will come in and pound the ball on the Seahawks defense because when the Rams have been committed to running the football no team has yet to stop it. I dont think the Seahawks will be any different. I know its tempting to air it out because the Seahawks pass defense is horrible but set the tone early with the run then attack in the passing game. It will not only keep the Seahawks defense off balance but will also keep Wilson watching the game just like us because his defense wont be getting off the field quickly. The Seahawks I dont know the health of their backs but if they arent healthy its really going to put pressure on Wilson in the offense. As great as this offense has been, its going to be a long day if Wilson is dropping back 40+ times against Donald and this talented Rams defense. Again yes he will make plays and thats why I think 27pts they will have but if Wilson have to drop back 40+ times in this game because the running game is not effective he will get sacked alot and turn the ball once or twice. We know with the defense the Seahawks have Wilson cant afford to make a mistake on offense because that could literally be the difference from them winning and losing the game. So yeah Im confident the Rams will win this game but just like most of the Rams-Seahawks games its going to be a close one at the end. 

Edited by stl4life07

22 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

So the only McVay losses to Seattle were a Kupp drop TD and a GZ missed FG.... please lord give me the Dec 2017 type game... my heart can't take it

That’s McVay only two losses against the Seahawks. You know he was pissed off too because following each of those losses the Rams blew the doors off of Seattle the next time they faced them that same season. 

10 minutes ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

If we’re average almost 5 yards per carry, there should be no reason to stop running the ball. Feed those 3 RBs until the box has 7-8 bodies, and even then, keep running lol

I think this could be Akers break out game. Not saying Henderson won’t be more than solid but I think we will come away saying FINALLY Akers is getting the chance to show why he was picked in the 2nd round. 

14 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If the defense can keep Russ in check, we'll win this. But that's a tall order. I'll be interested to see what Staley's plan is.

These next two weeks will speak volumes for this Rams defense. If we can slow down Wilson and then Brady the NFL better be scared. So far the only QB to actually get us was Allen and I’m certain it had a lot to do with the Rams back to back trips to the east coast. Jimmy G played well for a half but I felt that was mostly because missed tackles. Jimmy G wasn’t even throwing the ball past the los. So again if the Rams can slow down Wilson and then Brady ok NFL better beware. I’m not even saying the Rams have to win both games. Just go (1-1) but defensively look really good against those two QBs and the NFL better take notice if they already havent. 

42 minutes ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

If we’re average almost 5 yards per carry, there should be no reason to stop running the ball. Feed those 3 RBs until the box has 7-8 bodies, and even then, keep running lol

Did you guys pay attention at all to what the Bills did last week?

They ran the ball only 19 times. 7 of which were from Josh Allen. And they had nearly 40 pass attempts.

Pass, pass, pass on this defense. Use the RBs, TEs and Kupp to be the extension of the passing game with short throws, but make their Secondary try to stop us. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

They ran the ball only 19 times. 7 of which were from Josh Allen. And they had nearly 40 pass attempts.

Pass, pass, pass on this defense. Use the RBs, TEs and Kupp to be the extension of the passing game with short throws, but make their Secondary try to stop us. 

I agree but have you seen what the Rams have done to the Seahawks running the ball? In the Rams 4 wins they have rushed for 150 twice, 140, and 250. The 2 losses the Rams were held to 100yds or less but in those games the Rams didn’t try to really run. They attempted 21 and 19 rush attempts in those 2 games. So I say yes throw the ball but established the run first and keep the Seahawks defense off balance. 

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

I remember the last time we went with that gunslinger mentality, we got smashed by a depleted Niners defense that was suppose to be  vulnerable against the pass. Running is this teams best friend...the Hawks secondary won’t be able stop us through the ground or air if we run FIRST.

3 minutes ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

I remember the last time we went with that gunslinger mentality, we got smashed by a depleted Niners defense that was suppose to be  vulnerable against the pass. Running is this teams best friend...the Hawks secondary won’t be able stop us through the ground or air if we run FIRST.

In all fairness though that Niners game was weird. Goff had time he just was missing guys he normally wouldn’t miss. Kupp dropped td passes as well. When we see the Niners again Goff won’t be that off. 

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Pretty much this.  Everyone that is saying to run the ball... I'm just laughing.  Seattle has by far the worst pass defense in the entire league.  Adams has missed like four games and he just came back last week.  Shaquill Griffin, by far the Seahawks best CB, has been out the past two weeks and may not play vs the Rams.

Yes, please... run the ball. A lot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

I agree but have you seen what the Rams have done to the Seahawks running the ball? In the Rams 4 wins they have rushed for 150 twice, 140, and 250. The 2 losses the Rams were held to 100yds or less but in those games the Rams didn’t try to really run. They attempted 21 and 19 rush attempts in those 2 games. So I say yes throw the ball but established the run first and keep the Seahawks defense off balance. 

I don't understand post like this.  I really don't.  Two years ago, Todd Gurley was like the best offensive player in the NFL. The teams were so different two years ago, why does that even matter?

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't understand post like this.  I really don't.  Two years ago, Todd Gurley was like the best offensive player in the NFL. The teams were so different two years ago, why does that even matter?

If you put it like that then I can agree. It’s not that simple though. Yes Rams don’t have Gurley BUT aren’t they a top 10 rushing offense? Yes. Do they have young explosive backs that if they are fed can go off? Yes. It’s time to stop thinking about Gurley. Rams no longer have him but their running is still productive. No team has yet to stop the Rams running this season when McVay decided to run. Henderson, Akers, and Brown have all been effective mixed of course with jet sweeps. If McVay can commit to the run Sunday 25-30 times minimum think the Rams will once again be effective.