Thursday Night Football: Colts/Titans

DannyB

8 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

I still believe in Vrabel. Bad ST was a 10 point swing. The punt block for td and makeable missed fg.

Don’t forget the shanked 16 yard punt.

That’s a 17 point swing. Which even then, is only a tie. Titans got plenty of blame to go around, but ST is definitely the worst offender.

8 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Those two turnovers changed the game. Colts passed midfield and looked to go up at least 10-0. All of a sudden fumble and it’s 7-7.

I mean... if it were just a one week thing then perhaps you’d have a point.

But the Ravens defense has forced a turnover in 22 straight games. They’ve scored multiple defensive TDs during that span as well. The offense and defense have fed off each other for some time now. The Colts had time to prepare for that fact, yet still coughed it up there. Maybe you’d have a point on the Peters (by the book) “interception.” That was certainly a big momentum swing back... but Peters has also made a career out of picks in his direction. There’s nothing that say if Rivers doesn’t toss an interception there that he doesn’t toss another one later in the game to Peters. It’s not exactly counter narrative considering he had tossed an interception in 4/7 games to that point.

But even outside of that, the shape of the game turned when Lamar started cooking in the second half going 10/10 for 108 yds passing. That opened up the entire offense and the running game became far more effective. Your defense certainly dominated the 1st half and really helped out your offense. But our team dominated the second half.

I wouldn’t want to play you guys again, better team than I thought. You will be the kind of team that will provide playoff upsets. You guys have the kind of defense that’s especially a not ideal matchup for our offense because of all that speed and length present.

In terms of the win over the Titans, I definitely think the Colts proved they are a legitimate contending option. They have a legitimately elite defense with a DPOY caliber player in Darious Leonard. The offense is also a quality unit and they’re well coached. They know who they are identity wise. That’s the makings of a dangerous team.

That said I’m not convinced that the Colts are exactly the “better” team. I think they’re pretty evenly matched and in such scenarios great coaching propels the team forward. Reich I feel is a really good coach. Still I think the Colts look to have a strong hold on capturing the division. The Titans and Colts both basically get a mini bye week now. But the Titans just faced the Bears in a physical bout, they played a physical game against the Colts, they’ll get a physical game against the Ravens in all likelihood, and then will have to turn around again in a physical match with the Colts.

The Colts, no offense to the Packers will at least see a team thats not likely to be as physical and shouldn’t be licking their wounds quite as much in the second bout, you’d think.

Which is all pretty crazy considering the undefeated streak I could see a path for the Titans to miss the playoffs, something like:

Titans @ Ravens
Titans @ Colts
Titans vs Browns
Titans @ Jags
Titans vs Lions
Titans @ Packers
Titans @ Texans

If the favorites prevail in said matchups, the Titans game against the Browns could potentially decide who gets the 7th wildcard spot. I think 10-6 is the win total the potentially gets the 6th and 7th seed and it’ll come down to the Titans, Browns, and Raiders as the 2/3 teams. Should be a fantastic finish to the season, lots of drama.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2020 at 7:05 PM, diamondbull424 said:

If the favorites prevail in said matchups, the Titans game against the Browns could potentially decide who gets the 7th wildcard spot.

That game should be flexed to a SNF. Both teams could be 8-3 and currently Broncos and Chiefs is scheduled for SNF that week.

• Like 1