Texans RB David Johnson to IR

ET80

27 minutes ago, DawgX said:

For us, Duke started off rather underwhelming as a runner, but got better as time went on. He just never received many chances to carry the ball.

Watch him have a career game against us today.

I'd love to see Duke turn into a 1,000 rusher for the next 2-3 years. One less need to fill.

17 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Hopkins is tough to deal with for certain coaches.  It was understood that he didn’t practice in Houston because he wanted out and wanted a new deal.  Since getting a new deal in AZ he’s still not practicing and for a young QB that’s concerning.  I believe that’s why nobody was willing to give a FRP despite his talent.  The Cards love him but it’s not as perfect a situation in every aspect.  

Wow, really? I didn't know this...

On 11/14/2020 at 4:12 PM, candyman93 said:

That Hopkins trade had to have some malicious intent behind it.

Like Billy Boy genuinely did NOT like Hopkins.

The Texans just weren't going to pay the contract Hopkins wanted. The two sides negotiated, realized they were miles apart and BOB wanted to get something. 

That part was sorta understandable. The return was not. 

On 11/14/2020 at 8:18 PM, ET80 said:

Not that I know of, seems like he wasn't really used much in Cleveland outside of a pass catcher. 

I think he's a bit undersized, but I've seen smaller guys carry the load... I mean, who knows, maybe he could be a full time RB over these next few weeks and get an opportunity to start for a season.

5'9" 210 lb Duke is short. But he's not really undersized.

Devonta Freeman is 5'7" 205

Warrick Dunn was 5'8" 185 when he played (he's walking around at closer to 150 now)

MJD was 5'5" 210.

So he's perfectly fine to handle a load. Just may need a bruiser at the goalline.

On 11/15/2020 at 6:48 PM, DirtyDez said:

I’ve decided I’m going stop caring about his practice habits.  

He wasn't practicing because he had hamstring issues if I recall correctly

Same thing he had in Houston last year, he would not practice all week with a bad hammy and then go strap it up and tough it out