MNF: MN @ CHI

Sad People

2 minutes ago, Epyon said:

As a Chicagoan, my largest concern now is that our remaining schedule is weak enough to win some games, and knock us out of range of the top draft QBs....

You're likely already out of range for a top qb to be honest, so you have to lose and a number is others win

2 minutes ago, Epyon said:

As a Chicagoan, my largest concern now is that our remaining schedule is weak enough to win some games, and knock us out of range of the top draft QBs....

Shoulda been a fire sale before the trade deadline, our record was miles above what our team's actual talent level is..... Speaking of which, the GM needs to go for how criminally bad our offense has been, and he can take Nagy with him.

Who's the best oliner in bears draft range next year? Shoulda grab him.

Just now, Forge said:

You're likely already out of range for a top qb to be honest, so you have to lose and a number is others win

Well right now, as an armchair GM, I'm banking on:

-Lawrence going #1 (safe bet unless covid caused severe lung or brain damage)

-Fields going #2 (Given his current season seems reasonable)

-Wilson being my choice for Bears (and honestly my #2 QB this year right now over Fields. on some kind of trade up from ~13 or so to #5ish overall)

Whether Wilson lasts to #5 or that trade is possible, are the main concerns.

6 minutes ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

Who's the best oliner in bears draft range next year? Shoulda grab him

This is the complicating factor, as we'll need at least 3 new OL starters for next season, and 2 of them are offensive tackles, which are harder to get/replace.  We also need a QB under center, which we almost assuredly have to trade up for in the first, but in a way that doesn't use any other picks from this year, because we need those for OL...... Even with that, we also don't have a 4th rounder right now, so we might legitimately be in a situation where we have to punt half of 2022's draft, just to patch the holes we need to fill in 2021's draft.

It's a bloody mess here in Chicago, and a result of the current GM's inability to draft offensive talent or invest in the OL/QB positions EDIT: or effectively invest in the WR position as well, since Kevin White and Anthony Miller are both proving to be complete busts...... At least our 5th rounder Mooney has shown some potential.

Edited by Epyon

14 minutes ago, viper952 said:

When was the last time the Bears had a good offense?

2018 was kinda sorta good. 

Trubisky was passable, Cohen and Howard were a good combo, Robinson, Burton, and Gabriel weren't terrible. 

If asked back then, I would've likely bet good money that Chicago's offense would be near the top of the league in 2019 and today. It's been a stunning regression in production and talent since then...

23 minutes ago, viper952 said:

When was the last time the Bears had a good offense?

It was astounding to me that they did not trade for a lineman and a RB at the deadline.

They just played a real NFL game with the 30th-32nd best O-line and Cordarrelle Patterson as their feature back... on purpose!