The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

20 hours ago, cp0k2 said:

Once again, Kelly Stafford needs to stay the hell off social media. Really wish Detroit had canned Quinn and Patricia last year so we could have snagged Tua and move on from the Staffords.

What did she say that was an issue? I didn't prefer her choice of the word "dictatorship", but she's right: the small business restrictions with Coronavirus are absolutely destroying people's livelihoods. I've known a few small business owners that have lost everything while our poloiticans are constantly caught breaking their own rules. (Much like Whitmer's husband trying to get their boat worked on to go out while she orders everyone else to stay inside.)

The courts have already ruled that her prior restrictions were unconstitutional. Kelly Stafford expressed an opinion that is shared by many.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

What did she say that was an issue? I didn't prefer her choice of the word "dictatorship", but she's right: the small business restrictions with Coronavirus are absolutely destroying people's livelihoods. I've known a few small business owners that have lost everything while our poloiticans are constantly caught breaking their own rules. (Much like Whitmer's husband trying to get their boat worked on to go out while she orders everyone else to stay inside.)

The courts have already ruled that her prior restrictions were unconstitutional. Kelly Stafford expressed an opinion that is shared by many.

You all know politics are not allowed here.  So consider this discussion ended. 

41 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

You know politics are not allowed here.  So consider this discussion ended. 

If you're going to chastise anyone it should be starting with @cp0k2.

Bringing Kelly Stafford's post into the forum creates a topic of conversation and follows a particular narrative. @TL-TwoWinsAway is merely offering a counter perspective/narrative. Whether it's correct or incorrect, whether you or I agree or disagree on those points, it doesn't matter. @TL-TwoWinsAway was not the one to bring politics into the discussion board. 

There were 2 posts made related to the topic (original post and a response) before TL chimed in. 

Not trying to be difficult but merely asking for rules to be enforced on a consistent basis. 

Edited by Karnage84
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

If you're going to chastise anyone it should be starting with @cp0k2.

Bringing Kelly Stafford's post into the forum creates a topic of conversation and follows a particular narrative. @TL-TwoWinsAway is merely offering a counter perspective/narrative. Whether it's correct or incorrect, whether you or I agree or disagree on those points, it doesn't matter. @TL-TwoWinsAway was not the one to bring politics into the discussion board. 

There were 2 posts made related to the topic (original post and a response) before TL chimed in. 

Not trying to be difficult but merely asking for rules to be enforced on a consistent basis. 

Im not specifically targeting TL, just he was the last person in the chain.  No warnings or anything, just stating the conversation is over. 

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Im not specifically targeting TL, just he was the last person in the chain.  No warnings or anything, just stating the conversation is over. 

Alright - fair enough. 

Just for the record, I would be saying the same thing about @TL-TwoWinsAway if he was the one that brought KS and her comments into the forum. Not trying to call out @cp0k2 either.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 11:21 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

I think Obi Toppin is one of those that is a good college player but will be trash in the pros.  He is worse than Lamelo Ball on D and although he shoots a high percentage, it was all on dunks.  I think he will flounder and be out of the league like many other undersized, unathletic bigs that doesn't play defense. Hayes is raw, sort of like Sekou, but thats good IMO.  Let them both develop this year and next while hopefully getting better draft picks in stronger drafts.  If we can get a top 3 pick next year and see development from Sekou and Hayes, we will be in good shape to be a destination and place where free agents might have some interest.  

Would Jabari Parker be a fair comparison cause that's all I was expecting really. 

PISTONS HAVE FIVE C's... Something's got to give right? More things in the works for sure. 

Signed, Resigned, RFA, Trade, Buyout signing/Waived, UDFA, Drafted/Rookie, ~Injuried~ Qualifying Offer, Player option, Team Option

2020 - 2021: HC Dwayne Casey

PG: Killian Hayes/ Derrick Rose

SG: Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk/ Rodney McGruder

SF: Trevor Ariza/ Sekou Doumbouya/ Dzanan Musa/ Saddiq Bey

PF: Blake Griffin/ Isaiah Stewart

😄 Mason Plumlee/ Jahlil Okafor/ Dewayne Dedmon/ Justin Patton/ Tony Bradley

Edited by SimbaWho

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

Would Jabari Parker be a fair comparison cause that's all I was expecting really. 

PISTONS HAVE FIVE C's... Something's got to give right? More things in the works for sure. 

Just signed Josh Jackson.  I don’t mind kicking the tires on draft flops.  Hope they get it together like Chauncey or continue to help us lose and get another top pick.  But yeah, I don’t understand the Plumlee signing. Especially when Wood signed for a similar amount.

2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Just signed Josh Jackson.  I don’t mind kicking the tires on draft flops.  Hope they get it together like Chauncey or continue to help us lose and get another top pick.  But yeah, I don’t understand the Plumlee signing. Especially when Wood signed for a similar amount.

It is a bit odd, makes you wonder if Wood wanted to leave or if Weaver did not want him in his plans. Maybe we will never know. In any event, I hope this team can get lucky and land a top pick next year as the 2021 draft will be much better at the top.

25 minutes ago, Typical_Lions said:

It is a bit odd, makes you wonder if Wood wanted to leave or if Weaver did not want him in his plans. Maybe we will never know. In any event, I hope this team can get lucky and land a top pick next year as the 2021 draft will be much better at the top.

Ah more info coming out:
In exchange for agreeing to sign-and-trade Wood to Houston as part of the previously agreed-upon Ariza deal, the Pistons will acquire a future second-round pick and will add even more protections to the first-round pick they’re sending to the Rockets, James Edwards III of The Athletic.

Also, Wood's deal is 3 year 41 million

• Like 1

On Facebook today I commented on a Pistons article about how annoying their moves are this offseason because now we are good enough to contend for the 9th seed in the East instead of just trying to be bad like OKC.  Someone said "Old people in Michigan are so used to losing, they want to keep it that way, I hear the Cleveland Steamers down south are looking for boomers like yourself, go make yourself at home down there".  Two things, first, I have seen so much losing and how it is done, so when I see history repeating itself I am going to call it out, second, I am technically a millennial, so I guess the early millennials are now turning into @diehardlionfan after so many years of losing and being mistaken for boomers. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

On Facebook today I commented on a Pistons article about how annoying their moves are this offseason because now we are good enough to contend for the 9th seed in the East instead of just trying to be bad like OKC.  Someone said "Old people in Michigan are so used to losing, they want to keep it that way, I hear the Cleveland Steamers down south are looking for boomers like yourself, go make yourself at home down there".  Two things, first, I have seen so much losing and how it is done, so when I see history repeating itself I am going to call it out, second, I am technically a millennial, so I guess the early millennials are now turning into @diehardlionfan after so many years of losing and being mistaken for boomers. 

Being a Lions fan ages you like an artificially created "whisky".