Giants fire OL Coach Mark Colombo; Hiring Dave DeGuglielmo

RaidersAreOne

19 hours ago, ny92mike said:

As a Giants fan I love the move.  The new guy is the same coach that made a group of scrubs win the giants a superbowl, when it didn't seem to matter who we had at running back, they either hit a grand or came pretty dang close.

I've seen a complete transformation of the current line in just two weeks.  Without knowing this information about this coach hanging around before this announcement I would have said it was because the left guard was out....not a fan. 

Also the same coach that lead up to the giants spending a fortune on Nate Solder in the free agency a few years back.

the Judge is working magic with this team, only thing this gm has done right since he was hired. 

According to Silver, players were on Colombos side:

2 hours ago, Acgott said:

Silver says they liked Colombo. That is very different from saying they are on his side and against Judge

Also lets include that the Offensive Line drastically improved when Judge decided to be more hands on with them. They can see the results, I have no doubt Judge has the respect of all his players including the Offensive Line.

On 11/20/2020 at 7:57 AM, big_palooka said:

Dave DeGuglielmo? Is he the former Colts Oline coach that lambasted Denzel Good, saying he'd never play for him again, because he took a week off after his brother was murdered?

Yep

The Colts hired 3 coaches on behalf of Josh McDaniels before he backed out of the job. DeGug was immediately fired after one season for what people suspect is what you described. Mike Phair was allowed to leave to to join Matt Rhule in Carolina to coach DL which is what he was coaching here. And Matt Eberflus might end up getting a HC position soon. 

2 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Yep

The Colts hired 3 coaches on behalf of Josh McDaniels before he backed out of the job. DeGug was immediately fired after one season for what people suspect is what you described. Mike Phair was allowed to leave to to join Matt Rhule in Carolina to coach DL which is what he was coaching here. And Matt Eberflus might end up getting a HC position soon. 

If I remember correctly, Guge had your OL playing very well in 2018. 

54 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

If I remember correctly, Guge had your OL playing very well in 2018. 

Definitely, we originally were going to have Matt Slauson and J’Marcus Webb starting on the right side but injuries forced us to go with Braden Smith at RT and eventually Mark Glowinski at RG. The 5 starters who finished that season started all 16 games last year and and all but one game so far this year. 

We hired Chris Strausser to coach the OL last year and we also brought back former Colts OL coach Howard Mudd (RIP) to consult 

• Like 1