Myles Garret COVID situation

hornbybrown

It’s more than likely that Myles will make a quick and full recovery. But there is no guarantee of that.

also studies now show that a lot of people that have recovered from COVID have since gone on to have mental health issues that they have never had before.

that amongst other long term health issues plus my fear that because we are the Browns this will go bad has me nervous about this

A lot of the younger people seem to make a full recovery. 

Hopefully that is the case for myles, there is no reason why he shouldn't. 

Hopefully he doesnt get any of the mental health issues, or long covid as it is called with the fatigue. Either way it is a strange illness.

7 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

It’s more than likely that Myles will make a quick and full recovery. But there is no guarantee of that.

also studies now show that a lot of people that have recovered from COVID have since gone on to have mental health issues that they have never had before.

that amongst other long term health issues plus my fear that because we are the Browns this will go bad has me nervous about this

Can you link the studies? That's The first I've heard of a mental health component.

Are you alright, dude? Having our franchise's best player (and arguably one of the most genuine and charitable as well) get sick with a novel disease in a pandemic is already pretty not great.

Pondering about whether or not he'll have long term health issues is just cruel for his and your own sake. I get that we're all doom and gloom all the time, me especially, but anticipating life altering circumstances for a player is no different than watching every game with your eyes concealed because someone might tear an ACL. This is already an unnerving experience in unnerving times, I would caution you against forecasting worst case scenario because it'll bring you nothing but despair. 

10 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

You need to smoke or drink and relax.

There’s a better chance he gets maimed in a horrific car accident.

• Like 1

all those post illness effects need to be taken for a grain of salt IMO at the moment.  not nearly enough time to truly know what long term aspects are. The biggest issues is so many ppl have been infected but you have no idea what their medical issues were before. Like the mental aspect. A lot of ppl prolly had mental health issues prior but when undiagnosed. Another issue is before all of this, they prolly were able to take care of their mental issues without really knowing it by doing activities that help them out. Now with all these lock downs and people not being allowed to do what they want to do, prolly leads to that mental disorder to be exposed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

all those post illness effects need to be taken for a grain of salt IMO at the moment.  not nearly enough time to truly know what long term aspects are. The biggest issues is so many ppl have been infected but you have no idea what their medical issues were before. Like the mental aspect. A lot of ppl prolly had mental health issues prior but when undiagnosed. Another issue is before all of this, they prolly were able to take care of their mental issues without really knowing it by doing activities that help them out. Now with all these lock downs and people not being allowed to do what they want to do, prolly leads to that mental disorder to be exposed. 

The mental aspect is the concern because they do know the before and after of it. People that never had any form of mental illness are reporting having them for the first time

32 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

The mental aspect is the concern because they do know the before and after of it. People that never had any form of mental illness are reporting having them for the first time

Not true.

Is it from the illness or the aspect of lock down and having to completely change their life?. There is a reason suicide and drug use is up. So are we going to say Covid cause suicide and drug addiction?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Not true.

Is it from the illness or the aspect of lock down and having to completely change their life?. There is a reason suicide and drug use is up. So are we going to say Covid cause suicide and drug addiction?

The numbers don’t back that up, suicide rates haven’t gone up in America. Easy google search to find the stats. Hell in New Zealand we are on target for our lowest year for suicide in decades 

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Is it really suicide or are spouses getting sick of each other and have a lot of time to make it look legit?

Kidding of course, my wife is still around the house somewhere, probably in the kitchen.

@pnies20 and @NateDawg, check the floorboards. 

Edited by NudeTayne
Reminds me of spring break '07--wild times!