Who gets left out in the AFC?

Slingin' Sammy

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Can CLE still get in if they lose to PIT?

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Yeah if Indy loses to the Jags lol

Oddly, Cle can also get in if Indy beats the Jags, Texans beat the Titans, Dolphins beat the Bills, and Ravens beat Cincinnati

It's counterintuitive to have the Dolphins and Ravens win - but if its JUST the Browns and Titans tied at 10-6, then Browns win the tiebreaker and get the 7th seed. If either of those teams turn it into a 3 way tie, then Browns are the eliminated team

Like I said before, the Browns are in trouble. Can they beat Pittsburgh? Sure. But Pittsburgh finding their groove again is bad news for the Browns and they will probably be slight favorites against Cleveland, something like -1.5. 

If the Browns win, they will have earned their playoff spot. However, if they lose, not sure a team who got swept by two different teams should even get in. 

Miami is also in trouble facing Buffalo, and the Colts are also in trouble by not controlling their own destiny. 

Then you have the Titans in trouble because if they lose to Houston, and everyone else wins (literally everyone in the race), they are out. 

So all the teams are in trouble and facing adversity. Gonna be a fun week. I’d still say the Browns are in the most trouble though. They are facing a tough team in basically an elimination game for them (let’s be real, Indy 95% likely beats the Jags). 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Like I said before, the Browns are in trouble. Can they beat Pittsburgh? Sure. But Pittsburgh finding their groove again is bad news for the Browns and they will probably be slight favorites against Cleveland, something like -1.5. 

If the Browns win, they will have earned their playoff spot. However, if they lose, not sure a team who got swept by two different teams should even get in. 

Miami is also in trouble facing Buffalo, and the Colts are also in trouble by not controlling their own destiny. 

Then you have the Titans in trouble because if they lose to Houston, and everyone else wins (literally everyone in the race), they are out. 

So all the teams are in trouble and facing adversity. Gonna be a fun week. I’d still say the Browns are in the most trouble though. They are facing a tough team in basically an elimination game for them (let’s be real, Indy 95% likely beats the Jags). 

Currently the Browns are favored by 6.5.

Obviously the belief is that the Steelers will sit players in this game.

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Why would Pittsburgh sit players? They need to find their groove at least one more game before entering the playoffs. 

Players are banged up and tired, and the only thing to be gained or lost is going from 2nd seed to 3rd seed...which means little this year.

One game isnt going to fix anything.   The best chance the Steelers have is a) resting up and b)   telling Randy Fitchner to stay home the rest of the year.    Wont fix all the issues,  but we will at least have a shot.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

unless the players BADDDDLLYYY need a rest, I can't fathom why people think Pittsburgh won't play this game straight up.

It's a really, really big deal to host a divisional round game vs traveling.

Agreed. Would be a dumb decision by Tomlin. Being on the road against the Bills is much worse than being home against them. 

Plus they could knock the Browns out of the playoffs, and host Miami and a Rookie QB against the best defense in football. 

They didn’t look like they needed a rest against Indy. 

Tomlin is over thinking this. 

42 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Why would Pittsburgh sit players? They need to find their groove at least one more game before entering the playoffs. 

Well... I just stated the line and gave an indication of why the line is where it is. The advantages and disadvantages are obvious and I wouldn't say one way or the other which is smarter because I don't know.

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Plus they could knock the Browns out of the playoffs, and host Miami and a Rookie QB against the best defense in football. 

The most likely scenarios are they lose and face the Browns or they win and face the Colts. Other things could happen but those are the most likely scenarios.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well... I just stated the line and gave an indication of why the line is where it is. The advantages and disadvantages are obvious and I wouldn't say one way or the other which is smarter because I don't know.

The most likely scenarios are they lose and face the Browns or they win and face the Colts. Other things could happen but those are the most likely scenarios.

Bills likely beat Dolphins. So if Steelers beat the Browns, Browns are out. Steelers would be the 2nd seed and Dolphins the 7th.