Who gets left out in the AFC?

Slingin' Sammy

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Mason Rudolph is starting for Pittsburgh.

Which means I expect more starters to sit.

Indy fans everywhere are pissed lol. Mason Rudolph sucks so i fully expect Cleveland to win that game easily as long as their receivers are back.

Indy now counting on Mike Glennon, Mason Rudolph, or potentially Matt Barkley is actually hilarious.

I think the Bills play the regulars for a half. Nothing to base that off of, just a guess knowing McDermott.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Indy fans everywhere are pissed lol. Mason Rudolph sucks so i fully expect Cleveland to win that game easily as long as their receivers are back.

Indy now counting on Mike Glennon, Mason Rudolph, or potentially Matt Barkley is actually hilarious.

I think the Bills play the regulars for a half. Nothing to base that off of, just a guess knowing McDermott.

MASON RUDOLPH REVENGE GAME!

• Like 1

Just now, bigbadbuff said:

I think anyone who is dinged up doesn’t play but yeah they likely let most starters go through the pre game motions and a regular practice week and then at least a half IMO. 

Would be nice to see some Allen to Brown before the playoffs. Will be a big Moss and Singletary week. Barkley to Davis, McKenzie, Duke Williams and Kroft is going to be fun to watch lol

Good news is that Cleveland is expecting all of their guys to play. None of our WRs ever tested positive. It was just a precaution.

Same deal Jedrick Wills.

Ronnie Harrison is expected to play, which is a huge deal for us.

The biggest name is Wyatt Teller. We need that monster for run blocking.

22 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

That's my assumption too. I know a lot of Bills and Dolphins fans are speculating/hoping (respectively) that the Steelers starting Rudolph will have a chain reaction and cause the Bills to rest starters too but I can't see that happening until the Bills feel comfortable that the #2 seed is actually secured.

Thus, I'd be surprised that the Bills bench anyone until they're able to confidently look at the score of the Steelers/Browns game and say that the Browns will certainly win.

Just with the way rosters are made up it's basically impossible to rest all of your starters or even the majority of them but I think this probably does mean guys like Allen and Diggs play a couple of series, maybe the full 1st half at most. Basically worst case scenario coming to fruition for the Colts. Their best bet now might actually be through the division and praying for a monster day from Deshaun Watson to sink the Titans. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli

I expected the loser of Titans Colts game #2 to be out. Looking like this will be the case. Browns should eat Pitt alive. I still think Buffalo is deep enough to beat the Dolphins but they will have to get out to an early start. You will get vanilla games from both the Steelers and Bills. 

The Bengals look to be fighting an unstoppable force, but they've looked good the past couple weeks. Maybe Lamar has a nightmare game, but unlikely.

Texans are the Colts best chance. I don't see it happening barring some Vraebel nonsense. Colts will definitely have to draft a QB next year, or cut Rivers and go with a younger guy like Stafford. 

Edited by WheatieMan

11 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

My only concern with the Bills resting players vs Miami is that doing that might get them Miami again.

Its bad mojo to take a team lightly and show you have no concern about facing them again the next week.

I could be wrong but if the Browns, Ravens and Dolphins win, buffalo would get Cleveland in round 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

My only concern with the Bills resting players vs Miami is that doing that might get them Miami again.

Its bad mojo to take a team lightly and show you have no concern about facing them again the next week.

If Miami defeats Buffalo, Miami will be locked into the 5 seed and face either Indianapolis or Tennessee in round 1 (winner of AFC South is locked in at 4th seed). Bills at worst finish with the 3rd seed.

The only way for Miami and Buffalo to have a rematch in Round 1 is if Buffalo defeats Miami, and exactly one of Indianapolis, Baltimore, or Cleveland loses their game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Just with the way rosters are made up it's basically impossible to rest all of your starters or even the majority of them but I think this probably does mean guys like Allen and Diggs play a couple of series, maybe the full 1st half at most. Basically worst case scenario coming to fruition for the Colts. Their best bet now might actually be through the division and praying for a monster day from Deshaun Watson to sink the Titans. 

I don't disagree with you about the conclusion they will play part or all of the game, but of the positions easy to bench, QB and WR are among them since NFL teams almost always carry additional depth at those positions (in the QB's case, a dedicated backup)

• Like 1

You still need to control the line of scrimmage. If the run game is not working for a team trying to rest, you expose your defense being out there too long. Just depends on which side of the ball you have the most depth in, because starters have to play at various positions depending on which players dress and depth.

Edited by WheatieMan