Bigger New York Surprise? Jets in first or Giants at 0-5

Webmaster

Bigger New York Surprise?   

36 members have voted

1. 1. Bigger New York Surprise?

• Jets
    • Giants

At the beginning of the season there were some members wondering if the Jets were purposely tanking and many thought they would struggle to win a game.  After 5 weeks they are in a first place tie in the AFC East.   

Giants fans had high hopes and a playoff run seemed likely.  Now at 0-5 and a host of injuries they could be facing a lost season.   

Which New York team has been the bigger surprise?

I legitimately thought the Jets had the worst roster I'd seen since the 2008 Lions and they could very likely go 0-16.

Last year's Giants team overachieved and I saw the writing on the wall for that offense. Surprised they're 0-5 but not shocked.

I think it's the Jets.  So many people thought the Jets would be one of the worst teams in football.  I predicted the Cowboys to win the NFC East, but that division seems like a crap shoot almost every year.  It's very surprising to see the Giants at 0-5, but I thought they were a mediocre football team anyway.  The Jets a top the AFC East - holy cow.

I''d say the Giants. I'm not surprised that they're underachieving, but they should not be 0-5 with their talent. The Jets are surprising too, but they are not impressive for a 3-2 team. We absolutely outplayed them today, and only lost because we kept shooting ourselves in the foot. Then they beat an inconsistent Jaguars team, and an unimpressive Dolphins team. Still, I'll give them credit because they are overachieving, but it's not like any of their wins are super impressive.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

I think it's the Jets.  So many people thought the Jets would be one of the worst teams in football.  I predicted the Cowboys to win the NFC East, but that division seems like a crap shoot almost every year.  It's very surprising to see the Giants at 0-5, but I thought they were a mediocre football team anyway.  The Jets a top the AFC East - holy cow.

Even though they're above .500 now, I fully expect for them to be picking in the top 10 come next year's draft.

9 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Even though they're above .500 now, I fully expect for them to be picking in the top 10 come next year's draft.

I agree, but this is a team plenty of people predicted to be the worst in the entire league.  Eventually they will probably come down to earth.

I would say the Giants.  I'm not too surprised that the Jets have won their last 3 games since they've faced some pretty inept offenses (arguably as much as their own) 

Meanwhile, I picked the Giants to go 12-4 and reach the Super Bowl.  I said the Brandon Marshall signing was the 2nd best move of the offseason next to the Bucs signing Desean Jackson, and Marshall has been one of the worst receivers in the league, point blank.  Their defense has kept them in every game, but the Giants simply cannot be counted on to move the ball.  I was expecting them to have one of the best passing offenses in the league, but with Odell out for a significant time period, they look Iike a 5 win team

I gotta go with the Jets.  During the offseason, I was claiming the Jets had 5-7 NFL caliber players on their team.  I thought Jamal Adams, Brian Winters, James Carpenter, Bilal Powell, Leonard Williams, Sheldon Richardson and Quincy Enunwa were the only worthwhile players on that team and I thought they were going to go at best 1-15. 

I already knew Eli was done.  While some people may have whined how low I had Ben "leads in EVERY SINGLE category" Roethlisberger ranked, I had Eli Manning as my #24 QB in the NFL this past offseason.  The dude just doesn't have the arm he used to.  Yeah, I'm surprised the Giants defense is underperforming, but not as surprised as I am that a team as supposedly talent deficient as the Jets are in first place.  They've won three out of their first five games.  I didn't think they were going to win three games all season. 

Archived