Ravens/Steelers postponed till Tuesday now

MikeT14

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

If the Ravens staff was following Protocol, this wouldn't be happening. In each of the major outbreaks, titans as well, people failed to follow protocol. In both cases it resulted in significant changes to the Steelers schedule 

Like no one on the Steelers HAS EVER shown poor judgment? I seem to recall an incident with your QB that got him suspended. Not sure you can blame an entire organization for the carelessness of one person.

I am a Ravens fan, I hate the Steelers, but I have always respected the team they put out on the field. Even grudgingly Troy Polamalu was one of my favorite players. You think the other players not infected aren't pissed? At the end of the day, it is a pandemic. At the end of the day, the Steelers and the Ravens are CO-WORKERS, they all belong to the SAME union. Far better to err on the side of caution.

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

If the Ravens staff was following Protocol, this wouldn't be happening. In each of the major outbreaks, titans as well, people failed to follow protocol. In both cases it resulted in significant changes to the Steelers schedule 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/ravens/mike-tomlin-steelers-fined-not-wearing-masks-win-vs-ravens

• Like 3

9 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Please don't take this in any way as being an butt....

But how is this not "fair" to the Steelers?

They get extra rest. Don't have to play on a short week. 

Outside of not being a primetime game and not having the lore of a Thanksgiving game, where is the disadvantage?

Competitive advantage. They probably want to play the Ravens with an offense consisting of only street FAs, lol.

Edited by Yin-Yang

39 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

But I was told

7 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

The Steelers (and Seahawks who still remain the only team who haven't recorded a positive), who have followed protocol almost to the letter are also amongst the only teams not to get fined because their coaches failed to wear a mask for a drive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pwny said:

But I was told

hmmmmm. it's almost as though no teams have followed protocol to the letter, even teams that have done a "good" job have dealt with infections, and whether a team has had infections or not hinges on a multitude of factors including local infection rates and regulations that make it deeply silly for fans to use outbreaks as a direct, monolithic indicator of adherence to protocol.

38 minutes ago, pwny said:

But I was told

Hmmm.

It's almost like you purposely only posted half the quote of what I said... But you as a Browns fan wouldn't do that...

The Steelers (and Seahawks who still remain the only team who haven't recorded a positive), who have followed protocol almost to the letter are also amongst the only teams not to get fined because their coaches failed to wear a mask for a drive

I wonder why he ignored the bolded part? The Steelers are among only 5 teams to receive a fine for mask protocols on the sideline despite the fact that the local Pittsburgh Media went back and analyzed the game and Tomlin failed to wear a mask for all of the final two drives. Harbaugh, in a game against the Steelers a week later , was seen as having his mask on less than Tomlin and having several close encounters with referees but was not fined. But again, as I said in the previous post, I'm asking for critical thought here on Football's Future and clearly no longer exists.

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

Hmmm.

It's almost like you purposely only posted half the quote of what I said... But you as a Browns fan wouldn't do that...

I wonder why he ignored the bolded part? The Steelers are among only 5 teams to receive a fine for mask protocols on the sideline despite the fact that the local Pittsburgh Media went back and analyzed the game and Tomlin failed to wear a mask for all of the final two drives. Harbaugh, in a game against the Steelers a week later , was seen as having his mask on less than Tomlin and having several close encounters with referees but was not fined. But again, as I said in the previous post, I'm asking for critical thought here on Football's Future and clearly no longer exists.

Yes, pwny the famed browns fan. If you’re going to cry about people being biased against you, maybe actually know their biases before crying that they must be. 

You said the Steelers are one of the teams not to be fined

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

hmmmmm. it's almost as though no teams have followed protocol to the letter, even teams that have done a "good" job have dealt with infections, and whether a team has had infections or not hinges on a multitude of factors including local infection rates and regulations that make it deeply silly for fans to use outbreaks as a direct, monolithic indicator of adherence to protocol.

You're being disingenuous and you know it. Every team except for Seattle has had confirmed cases. This includes many teams in the biggest metropolitan areas including in states where restrictive policies haven't been enacted in the least. Only a few have had outbreaks and in those outbreaks the team or NFL was able to specifically cite negligence on the part of an employee or employees. That's not to say that your overall point isn't valid but the teams who have had massive outbreaks all have had players or staff cited in direct opposition of the protocols (as pathetic as they are).

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

Yes, pwny the famed browns fan. If you’re going to cry about people being biased against you, maybe actually know their biases before crying that they must be. 

You said the Steelers are one of the teams not to be fined

Now, let's try to use our critical thinking skills here... Again, it's almost like you clearly didn't read the entire quote and read what you want. Because context clues in the very next sentence - "Mind you in the same games the oppositions coaches didn't wear masks for much longer" - indicate I was speaking to the fact the Steelers had been fined. If you have the ability focus on a singular word that was typed in error, you clearly have the thought capacity to read the entirety of what was posted and draw the conclusion that either an entire sentence was typed errantly or a word was typed errantly; the latter being more likely.

Again, the fact that you literally cut your quote off at that exact part shows you knew exactly what you were doing and trying to play coy since you've been called on it.

Edited by BlaqOptic

3 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

You're being disingenuous and you know it. Every team except for Seattle has had confirmed cases. This includes many teams in the biggest metropolitan areas including in states where restrictive policies haven't been enacted in the least. Only a few have had outbreaks and in those outbreaks the team or NFL was able to specifically cite negligence on the part of an employee or employees. That's not to say that your overall point isn't valid but the teams who have had massive outbreaks all have had players or staff cited in direct opposition of the protocols (as pathetic as they are).

okay. there are also teams that haven't had outbreaks who have nonetheless exhibited lax attitudes toward the protocol. which brings us back to my overall point that local conditions and pure chance are complicating factors that make drawing the direct line between adherence to protocols and outbreak prevention, as people continue to attempt to do, a fool's errand.

• Like 1

Just now, -Hope- said:

okay. there are also teams that haven't had outbreaks who have nonetheless exhibited lax attitudes toward the protocol. which brings us back to my overall point that local conditions and pure chance are complicating factors that make drawing the direct line between adherence to protocols and outbreak prevention, as people continue to attempt to do, a fool's errand.

Do you have any citation, documentation, or proof as to those teams having lax attitudes? Because while I again agree with your general sentiment, it would appear that there would need to be a burden of proof with regards to such a statement given our access to football teams is all of 3 hours on Sundays where most of the images we see are between sidelines, not on them.

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

Now, let's try to use our critical thinking skills here... Again, it's almost like you clearly didn't read the entire quote and read what you want. Because context clues in the very next sentence - "Mind you in the same games the oppositions coaches didn't wear masks for much longer" - indicate I was speaking to the fact the Steelers had been fined. If you have the ability focus on a singular word that was typed in error, you clearly have the thought capacity to read the entirety of what was posted and draw the conclusion that either an entire sentence was typed errantly or a word was typed errantly; the latter being more likely.

Ah yes. Instead of just owning up that you made a mistake that completely changes the context of everything you said, just go around calling random fans biased Browns fans. Because context clues in the exact sentence you posted would indicate that you think you’re doing everything perfectly including being among a rare group not to get fined.

And I wasn’t the only one to mention it, so maybe the issue is your inability to structure a sentence correctly, not my inability to assume you meant the exact opposite of the words you wrote. 

• Like 4

Just now, pwny said:

Ah yes. Instead of just owning up that you made a mistake that completely changes the context of everything you said, just go around calling random fans biased Browns fans. Because context clues in the exact sentence you posted would indicate that you think you’re doing everything perfectly including being among a rare group not to get fined.

I have literally owned up to my mistake and have said so in two subsequent posts (which, mind you are also filled with context and spelling errors). I accidentally typed the word "not" within a sentence where said word clearly disagrees with the context of everything said. It's almost like if had you been sincere in the start and quote the entire quote the context would have been clear. But you're right, I accidentally called you a Browns fan so it makes up for you being deceitful in half-posting a quote without it's entire context.

Just now, pwny said:

And I wasn’t the only one to mention it, so maybe the issue is your inability to structure a sentence correctly, not my inability to assume you meant the exact opposite of the words you wrote. 

1.) You were.

2.) Nah, I would say it's a bit of both.

5 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Do you have any citation, documentation, or proof as to those teams having lax attitudes? Because while I again agree with your general sentiment, it would appear that there would need to be a burden of proof with regards to such a statement given our access to football teams is all of 3 hours on Sundays where most of the images we see are between sidelines, not on them.

the obvious example is the raiders. for all the chaos they've had this year and discipline they've faced, there hasn't been an actual outbreak in their facility and they haven't had to reschedule any of their games (aside from a precautionary measure where their game against the bucs was taken out of the sunday night slot, but still ended up being played that sunday because the raiders' quarantined players tested negative). lots of players have been put on their covid list as close contacts but their positive tests have largely been isolated- nothing like what happened with the titans or even what's happened with the ravens this week in terms of actual positive test numbers.