From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

It’s free agency, everyone will overpay. Especially teams who suck.  Ridley is the top WR available in FA and will get overpaid.

Cool, but, and here's a crazy thought, what if we try not to be that team that overpays for him? As far as I'm concerned, throw the bag at Jones or Wilkins, sign a good, cheaper WR and CB and OL, instead?

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Ridley was not good last season. Please no.

Oh my gosh y’all overreact to everything y’all act as if a player not allowed to have a bad yr, yes he wasn’t good but sure wasn’t bad, but let’s put it all in perspective to why he wasn’t great, came off a 1yr suspension, new offensive system & QB, it’s a thing call timing & knocking off rust. If you wouldn’t want Ridley, 1 of the best route runners in the league a guy that played his best ball in the shanahan offense 😮‍💨. I’ll take Ridley over trading for Higgins any day of the week. 

Give me Ridley over Higgins any day of the week, Ridley isn’t a slouch still had a 1k yards coming off a 1yr suspension where he was rusty, played his best ball in the shanahan offense, as to last yr playing in the Andy Reid offense. Ridley is route running technician. Yes we will have to overpay but so F’N what it won’t cost us draft capital like it would trading for Higgins or Aiyuk, & it wouldn’t put a need for us to draft a WR in the 1st. We have a QB on a rookie deal without a 5th yr option, it’s not about money, it’s about surrounding him with talent for him to develop so by the end of yr 3 we should have a feel if he’s the guy or not. 

Id be interested in a 1 or 2 year deal, no heavy commitment. If not I am on the KJ Osborne train. I ultimately want a young guy for Will to start gaining chemistry with. I prefer the draft for our next WR threat.

Edited by twotonebluenation

41 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Id be interested in a 1 or 2 year deal, no heavy commitment. If not I am on the KJ Osborne train. I ultimately want a young guy for Will to start gaining chemistry with. I prefer the draft for our next WR threat.

He’s young WR’s don’t fall off a cliff till like 35 most deals in the NFL are truly 3-4 yr deals far guaranteed money is concern 

8 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

He’s young WR’s don’t fall off a cliff till like 35 most deals in the NFL are truly 3-4 yr deals far guaranteed money is concern 

Hmm. Could he work in the slot? I feel like the way plays he could be great in the slot. I think he played very little last year in the slot, google tells me 13 percent, which is shocking. I just don't want it to stop us from getting an alpha WR early in the draft.

5 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Hmm. Could he work in the slot? I feel like the way plays he could be great in the slot. I think he played very little last year in the slot, google tells me 13 percent, which is shocking. I just don't want it to stop us from getting an alpha WR early in the draft.

He can play anywhere in atl they moved him around. He didn’t play in the slot in for the jags primarily because kristian Kirk is a bonefied slot machine & he was Lawrence favorite target. Ridley will work well with D hop he can’t stretch the field & win with route running. 

2 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

He can play anywhere in atl they moved him around. He didn’t play in the slot in for the jags primarily because kristian Kirk is a bonefied slot machine & he was Lawrence favorite target. Ridley will work well with D hop he can’t stretch the field & win with route running. 

I am on board for whatever it takes to make Will blossom.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I feel like if we sign a big money WR, Alt is not gonna be there at 7, and if we sign a big name tackle, Nabers and Odunze won't be there at 7.

All choices are wrong.

I understand & you have every right to be entitled to your opinion but I can’t see Ridley costing more that 22-24 mill a yr. Which isnt breaking the bank, D Hop isn’t getting younger & really has no guaranteed money left on his deal after this yr. We as an organization have enough money you have to be committed to surrounding Levis with weapons & hitting on draft picks while taking advantage of him being on a rookie contract. 

11 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I understand & you have every right to be entitled to your opinion but I can’t see Ridley costing more that 22-24 mill a yr. Which isnt breaking the bank, D Hop isn’t getting younger & really has no guaranteed money left on his deal after this yr. We as an organization have enough money you have to be committed to surrounding Levis with weapons & hitting on draft picks while taking advantage of him being on a rookie contract. 

Oh yeah, even if we sign Ridley, we still need to spend an early pick on a receiver.

Fact is, this is the year you overpay for whatever talent you can bring in. We don’t have any huge extensions coming up and we have a QB with three years left on his rookie deal. This is the window to spend. Outside of Amy having to open up the checkbook, there are very few possible repercussions for any deal that you can get out of after three years.