2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Pistons were almost dead last in attendance in the 5 years before the pandemic. 

There has not been a player or team to get excited about since Chauncey/Ben/Sheed left.  There are a lot of fans ready to rally behind a team if there is a reason to.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

@Kirill #SniperAlert

I’m telling you man this whole site and draft community is sleeping on Kuminga

they just look at his numbers but didn’t watch him play. 

He is going to be a REALLY GOOD PLAYER. Look at Siakim early stats they were much worse. Now he’s one of the top players in the league. I’m taking Kuminga over Mobley if I’m the Cavs at 3 mainly because we already have Allen who I think is good and I believe Mobley’s best position is at the 5. He’s not a Chris Bosa. He’s more of a finesse version of Ayton

12 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I’m telling you man this whole site and draft community is sleeping on Kuminga

they just look at his numbers but didn’t watch him play. 

He is going to be a REALLY GOOD PLAYER. Look at Siakim early stats they were much worse. Now he’s one of the top players in the league. I’m taking Kuminga over Mobley if I’m the Cavs at 3 mainly because we already have Allen who I think is good and I believe Mobley’s best position is at the 5. He’s not a Chris Bosa. He’s more of a finesse version of Ayton

I am 100% not passing up on Mobley for Kuminga. I would rather us trade Sexton away for one of the crappy NY trades people keep sending than to pass up on Mobley. 

1 minute ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I am 100% not passing up on Mobley for Kuminga. I would rather us trade Sexton away for one of the crappy NY trades people keep sending than to pass up on Mobley. 

Don’t be surprised 3-4 from now you’d rather have Kuminga. 

2 way player who can score at all 3 levels. 

Younger than Mobley barely scratching the surface only been in America for what 8 years?

Maybe I’m wrong but I really believe in his talent. Number 1 guy in his class before he reclassified 

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm just saying that Cade in himself slightly bumping attendance doesn't justify passing up SGA + #6 for him.

it wont slightly bump attendance.  wait till they actually take him thurs.  i bet the phone lines for season ticket reps will be busy, heck i wouldnt be shocked if its a long line at their draft party to get season tickets. 

Just now, brownie man said:

Don’t be surprised 3-4 from now you’d rather have Kuminga. 

2 way player who can score at all 3 levels. 

Younger than Mobley barely scratching the surface only been in America for what 8 years?

Maybe I’m wrong but I really believe in his talent. Number 1 guy in his class before he reclassified 

Mobley is a two-way player that can defend virtually every position. He has the skillset and the ability to be an effective player outside of the paint offensively. The age thing, unless we are talking a senior in college, is meh to me. We are talking about a 20 year old playing a sport that a ton of guys are now playing into their early and mid 30s, so the fact that Mobley is 20 isn't a deterrent IMO. I don't dislike Kuminga, he may be why we are trying to aggressively get back into the early picks, but I'm not passing on Mobley for him. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Stats don't really mean much the draft is all about projection. Kuminga is the biggest boom/bust prospect in the class he could be a superstar or he could be Jeff Green. Where he ends up will play a huge role in his career trajectory, imo.

31 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Mobley is the right pick for the Cavaliers. This year has 3 guys that would be the #1 pick in most other classes in Cade, Green, and Mobley. For a team like the Cavaliers that have a smaller backcourt adding a piece like Mobley could actually make it work like Rudy does in Utah with Donovan/Conley. And Mobley has infinitely more potential offensively.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Mobley is a two-way player that can defend virtually every position. He has the skillset and the ability to be an effective player outside of the paint offensively. The age thing, unless we are talking a senior in college, is meh to me. We are talking about a 20 year old playing a sport that a ton of guys are now playing into their early and mid 30s, so the fact that Mobley is 20 isn't a deterrent IMO. I don't dislike Kuminga, he may be why we are trying to aggressively get back into the early picks, but I'm not passing on Mobley for him. 

Yeah Mobley is an elite prospect, you can make a case that he's the best prospect in the draft long-term. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

The only ppl who are saying that are the ppl saying "ppl are saying x is the next x and I'm here to tell you he is not" lol

@Kirill said he's baby LeBron. Imagine pairing baby LeBron with the greatest prospect ever according to the analytics community in Poku...

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

There has not been a player or team to get excited about since Chauncey/Ben/Sheed left.  There are a lot of fans ready to rally behind a team if there is a reason to.  

Cade will definitely create a ton of buzz around the Pistons but he's like the equivalent of Trevor Lawerence as a prospect coming into the league. He's going to have to be great from the jump to meet expectations. Andrew Wiggins, who I'd argue was even more hyped coming out, didn't do a ton for the Timberwolves attendance. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah Mobley is an elite prospect, you can make a case that he's the best prospect in the draft long-term. 

exactly. and people that keep saying its redundant to have both he and Allen, that would be like saying having Sexton and Garland are redundant. They are similar size, but play the game very much differently. I'm stoked to have the chance for Mobley, and I'll be pretty pissed if we trade the pick away. 

Just now, H2ThaIzzo said:

exactly. and people that keep saying its redundant to have both he and Allen, that would be like saying having Sexton and Garland are redundant. They are similar size, but play the game very much differently. I'm stoked to have the chance for Mobley, and I'll be pretty pissed if we trade the pick away. 

They can try to play together and if it is redundant to have both, then you just trade Allen. You don't pass on a big that compares to Chris Bosh with way better defense/rim protection because you already have Jarrett Allen on the roster. If Mobley is the pick and I were the Cavs I'd honestly probably try to S&T Allen for some other young pieces/assets. 

• Like 2