2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Cade is 6'8 and depending on how he develops, will have a better chance to be more impactful in the playoffs. Look at the best playoff performers and their size. Bron/KD/Giannis/Kawhi are all big wings essentially and in the case of Giannis, he's just a different type of athlete. Then Luka is a huge guard himself and so far has had two excellent series. So it makes sense for Detroit for wanting to go with Cade. I'm not even saying they should accept the trade, but I just didn't and don't think people realize how good SGA is. He's made big jumps in every single year he's been in the league. Bright future even if he doesn't get much better than what he is right now. 

I'm with you. I see the archetype Cade is and how valuable it is. I also see how good SGA is and how tempting it would be to snag him and the 6th pick. It's tough.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I'm with you. I see the archetype Cade is and how valuable it is. I also see how good SGA is and how tempting it would be to snag him and the 6th pick. It's tough.

The contract is the big thing.  SGA gets paid after next year, Cade will be on a rookie deal for four years.  

• Like 1

Things that I know to be irrefutable:

• Cade Cunningham is clearly better than Luka and LeBron
  • Bouknight is a sniper
  • Jalen Green would have been better off playing in a Major college program 
  • Suggs is 10x the player Jalen Green is

I might be able to waiver on my convictions if only there was a single poster that could prove me wrong in under 100 pages.  Go.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

SGA is a number 3 option on a legit playoff team at best.  Thats not worth pick 1. Pick 1 you better be getting a Zion/Luka type player back.   Ray Allen was traded for the 5th pick in 07 and Allen was a much better player at the time than SAW is. 

He's already been a #2 on a playoff team at age 21. Saying he's a #3 at best is absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 3

I'm thinking there is zero chance the Spurs get Bouk or Keon as of now. The two guys I want the most. I hope Sengun ends up being a decent defender, because he as Spur written all over him.

Edited by Jeezla

SGA turned 23 a couple weeks ago, just saying.  2021-22 will be his age 23 season going forward.

Odds are that if someone there is good enough for Detroit to trade back to 6 for SGA + 6, then the Thunder might be better off just taking that guy.

32 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

The contract is the big thing.  SGA gets paid after next year, Cade will be on a rookie deal for four years.  

next year is probably the first time the pistons will have space for a max contract in like 10 years i don't see why we'd want to spend it immediately on an extension

14 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

next year is probably the first time the pistons will have space for a max contract in like 10 years i don't see why we'd want to spend it immediately on an extension

Agreed.  Not to mention we could offer it to SGA if we liked him enough although OKC will likely match then. The free agent market in 2022 could be solid but I expect most to resign or go to a better market.  But if our #1 pick dominates, we might be able to lure someone in.  I believe Zach Lavine would be a nice get to go with Cade and Hayes.  

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Oklahoma State lost 5 of their top 6 players in minutes played (all of them starters/spot starters) and improved their winning percentage by .137, and .222 in conference. In other words, a mediocre team lost most of their rotation, including their best player/leading scorer/leading rebounder, and despite that improved a good amount and made it to the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament. That shows clear impact.

True Luka 2.0 average 3.5 assists/4.0 turnovers. And the reason they all left was because of the shadiness around the program which on the other end is why Cade ended up there, lol.

1 hour ago, Kampfgeist said:

Things that I know to be irrefutable:

• Cade Cunningham is clearly better than Luka and LeBron
  • Bouknight is a sniper
  • Jalen Green would have been better off playing in a Major college program 
  • Suggs is 10x the player Jalen Green is

I might be able to waiver on my convictions if only there was a single poster that could prove me wrong in under 100 pages.  Go.

Collin Sexton could easily put up Michael Jordan scoring numbers.