The 4-1 poll: best offseason addition so far?

Phire

Best offseason acquisition?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Best offseason acquisition?

• Tim Jernigan
    • Torrey Smith
    • Alshon Jeffery
    • Chance Warmack
    • Chris Long
    • Patrick Robinson
    • Ronald Darby
    • LeGarrette Blount
    • Dane Evans

30 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

I have Jeffery. 

I think he's a big key to keeping this offense moving. His presence is opening things up for Ertz. And it's allowing Agholor and Smith to run deep in single coverage.

This^^^

The box score scouts will sour on Alshon but if you actually watch him and the opposing defense, you see how he impacts the game. Without him, a couple of those TDs yesterday might not have happened. He takes the defenses best d-backs away and allows our other guys to take advantage of mismatches. 

I'd say Jernigan has been the 2nd best addition. We need to sign both of them long term ASAP. If we can lock him down, that gives us maybe the best interior DL duo in the entire league for the next 5 years.

And P Rob has been great as well. Nice signing by Howie. He's holding down the fort while Darby heals up..

Thinking about it....we actually acquired 3 very good, young players who will be big parts of our future in Alshon, Jernigan, and Darby.

P-Rob has definitely exceeded expectations, but he also doesn't get tested much because Mills is such trash across from him.  With that said, he's made plays when he has been contested and he's definitely a willing tackler which is refreshing to see at corner.

But to me, Jernigan and Jeffery have a bigger impact. I would also liked to point out that Chris Long has missed a few sacks/plays, but he's been pretty damn disruptive as well on the outside, much more consistent than Barnett thus far.  Definitely a very solid low key addition.

It's too early to say, but I love how Jernigan, Robinson, and Blount have played.

Smith just had a big game and Jeffery will probably have one soon.

Long has contributed.

Can't wait to get Darby back to see how he can help bolster our secondary.

Roseman and Douglas did a great job this off-season (besides the draft).

I put Timmy because he has been almost as good as Cox who has been hurt the past two weeks. Jeffery's value is hard to quantify as his numbers aren't amazing, but he is consistently drawing lots of attention from defenses. Robinson has played well, but not as consistently well. Blount just isn't getting as many chances as he deserves honestly.

Timmy has had a noticeable impact in all of our games so far and it is crazy to think how scary our front 7 is with Cox in the mix again.

Archived