Week 13 - Rams at Cardinals

RamRod

Goff haters get to take a week off. Special teams still sucks. Bonamego deserves to get fired. I'm not as concerned about Gay. Kicks are at least close. He's doing enough. But the return units just plain suck. I miss Bones. Offense and defense were stellar today. Scoreboard says this was a 10 point game, but we dominated. Goff started slow but was money after the slow start. OL was inconsistent with the run blocking, but they pass protected well for most of the night. Defense was smothering. I am worried about Belichick's defense versus McVay's offense. But I know our defense will give us a chance against NE.

• Like 4

Offense I loved. MY QB Goff bounced back in a major way. This is what a top 10 QB look like. Hell Goff played like a top 5 QB today. He kept answering the Cards td drives they had. I knew the Cards werent going away in the 2nd half but Goff and this offense didnt allow them to gain momentum and take the lead. Im glad McVay gave Akers the ball more because he looked really good. Henderson had a big splash td run. Those are the two backs I want to see run this offense. Sorry Brown but he need to get slowly phased out of the running game. Ok I get the passing downs but not running. Those backs should be Akers and Henderson because they provide that wiggle and burst that they dont need a big hole to hit and get big gains.

The defense I thought played better than the 28pts they gave up. A few times the Cards had short fields to capitalize on points but this Rams defense didnt allow the Cards to run wild on offense. Murray couldnt run and clearly the Rams defense frustrated Hopkins. Metcalf was frustrated and now Hopkins. Thats the Ramsey effect. Trade looks better and better. 

The special teams wasnt good. A missed FG which honestly I dont have the same feeling about Gay like I had with Forbath and Sloman so Im still liking Gay besides that kick. Webster fumble hurt the Rams because it allowed the Cards on a short field to score a td to hang in the game. 

Overall though the Rams won and are now in 1st place thanks to the Giants beating the Seahawks. A huge game against the Patriots who has the Rams number and did a number on the Chargers. They are feeling good about themselves. If the Rams can beat the Patriots this TNF then have 10 days off before the BYE that is the Jets. I think the Rams will be set up very pretty with the Seahawks and Cards to finish the season off to win the division and possibly still a chance at the 1 seed in the NFC. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Goff haters get to take a week off. Special teams still sucks. Bonamego deserves to get fired. I'm not as concerned about Gay. Kicks are at least close. He's doing enough. But the return units just plain suck. I miss Bones. Offense and defense were stellar today. Scoreboard says this was a 10 point game, but we dominated. Goff started slow but was money after the slow start. OL was inconsistent with the run blocking, but they pass protected well for most of the night. Defense was smothering. I am worried about Belichick's defense versus McVay's offense. But I know our defense will give us a chance against NE.

Agreed. Goff was great today after the first two drives. The defense looked like it had a rough day on the stat sheet but I think they played well. Next week is a game that makes me very nervous. This is the one I was most nervous about outside of the Bucs game. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

But I thought if Goff starts off slowly he wont be any good the entire game lol. The narrative will be McVay shows he is a better offensive mind than Kingsbury. It wont be Goff bouncing back looking good. Now Im curious about TNF against the Pats. Thats the game Im like a little worried about the Rams offense not looking so good but the Pats offense isnt good so the Rams could still win like 17-10 and Goff not looking great but the running game carries the way. I hope Im wrong but the Pats game is my concern. The rest of the games Im not concern about the Rams even winning out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

But I thought if Goff starts off slowly he wont be any good the entire game lol. The narrative will be McVay shows he is a better offensive mind than Kingsbury. It wont be Goff bouncing back looking good. Now Im curious about TNF against the Pats. Thats the game Im like a little worried about the Rams offense not looking so good but the Pats offense isnt good so the Rams could still win like 17-10 and Goff not looking great but the running game carries the way. I hope Im wrong but the Pats game is my concern. The rest of the games Im not concern about the Rams even winning out. 

That has always been a dumb narrative. Goff started off great last week and then fell apart. This week, he started off bad and then caught fire. He's a rhythm passer. If he starts well, he often keeps his rhythm. If he starts poorly, he sometimes struggles to find it. But the key for him is getting him into a rhythm. You can do that after a cold start. And he can obviously have his rhythm disrupted after a great start. The reason why we often struggle when Goff looks bad early is because McVay is as guilty as Goff of getting knocked off his game when a defense disrupts his plan early.