Week 13 GDT: Raiders (6-5) @ Jets (0-11)

Jerry

3 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

You can scheme around weaknesses. His play calls basically puts our weakness on the forefront. You crazy if you think our defense wouldn't be better with a better coach. 

I think it could be better, but still far from average until there some talent on the Dline

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

lol... you guys blaming it on "scheme". How do you scheme pass rush without talented pass rushers?

Yes, Guenther needs the boot... but you guys are blind if you think "scheme" is what's holding this Dline back. They are bottom in the NFL in sacks for a reason. 

the thing is though, if you blitz to bring pressure, you cannot have your dbs 5+ yards back. And PG does that consistently. It makes no sense.
Our D needs a lot of additional peices though, so I agree, we need more talent. 

But, PG does no one any favors either

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

lol... you guys blaming it on "scheme". How do you scheme pass rush without talented pass rushers?

Yes, Guenther needs the boot... but you guys are blind if you think "scheme" is what's holding this Dline back. They are bottom in the NFL in sacks for a reason.

I won’t speak for others but I think the PG critics are right to be upset that the scheme is holding back or not optimizing the little bit of talent we have.  Our DL sucks but there is some talent there and we should be getting more production.  

we need to get a new DC AND add talent to the defense.... especially DL.

• Like 2