Bills vs 49ers GDT: Monday Night Football in the desert!

Trentwannabe

Bills vs 49ers highlights

Last 5 games:
2016: San Francisco 16 @ Buffalo 45
2012: Buffalo 3 @ San Francisco 45
2008: San Francisco 10 @ Buffalo 3
2004: Buffalo 41 @ San Francisco 7
2001: Buffalo 0 @ San Francisco 35

The home team has won 3 of the last 5. The all time series is tied at 6 wins apiece. 

Bills Injury Report:
None.

49ers Injury report:
CB  Emmanuel Moseley - Questionable 
CB K'Wuan Williams - OUT

Quick Analysis: 

Huge matchup this weekend with the Bills given a chance to prove themselves in primetime once again. This time vs an NFC opponent who was in the Super Bowl last year.

I expect the 49ers to try and take away Diggs as much as possible meaning Beasley and Gabe Davis will need to continue to step it up in the passing game. The middle of the 49ers defense is very good so this could be an outside zone week featuring more Singletary and less Moss in the running game.

On defense, I think you see the Bills keep 8 guys in the box and up on the line. Mullens does not pose a threat down field but the Shanny scheme will get his guys in space so our secondary will need to be disciplined. That goes for the DE’s as well as WR runs and pop passes should be expected with a weapon like Deebo. 

In the end, I think we see Josh Allen take his game to a new level on Monday and play more like he did against Seattle then what he did the last two weeks. Giving the Bills enough offense to pull this one out with a late Bass field goal.

Bills 24
49ers 21

Its interesting to read the thread the niners fan posted for us to join in on. They seem to be confident in beating the bills which is normal for fanbase but they do post some insightful information. I do think milano coming back whether or not will be on a snap count will be beneficial because we can easily go to more of a traditional 4-3 formation that we did in 2019 making Klein rush the passer while milano drops back in coverage as well as him being able to set the edge on the run game like he has done very well in 2019. We should be rushing 5 as much as possible like we have done in the past few weeks as mullen's decision making is suspect and feeling the heat will make him mess up. Aiyuk is coming back for them so him and deebo could present an issue but tre and levi should be able to lock them up. Leaving Mostert the key guy to shut down. if we can shut the run down early and start fast on the offense they will have to start playing catch up which will resort to more passing and less running. One thing on their forum is that the niners d struggles against running qbs (murray and wilson) if Allen's ankle is 100% we should be seeing a heavy dose of him running in the game as daboll has seemed to be in a grove this year by working on the opponents defensive weaknesses. Hopefully allen being able to run will also open up the run game as moss/singletary need to get going some more. Diggs will likely be facing double teams as you mention forcing guys like Davis, Beasley and knox being the focal point in the passing game. I also wouldnt mind putting mckenzie out there and have him run deep and give a couple shots down field just to keep the defense honest . If bills do not score early and allow niners to hang around they can blow this game but if they manage to come out strong early and dont let up they should win 34-21 Bills

Edited by soflbillsfan
  • Like 1

I am going to say Buffalo follows the same formula as the other games we play against teams with records worse than us:

-Come out Josh Allen blazing, build up a double digit lead going into halftime

-49ers make adjustments and force it to a one score game in the 3rd

-Bills do everything they can to hold off a surgering 49ers

-49ers have a chance to win it in the last 5 minutes, but we get a key defensive stop

24 to 7 at halftime

27 to 21 Buffalo win

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Maxmw22 said:

I am going to say Buffalo follows the same formula as the other games we play against teams with records worse than us:

-Come out Josh Allen blazing, build up a double digit lead going into halftime

-49ers make adjustments and force it to a one score game in the 3rd

-Bills do everything they can to hold off a surgering 49ers

-49ers have a chance to win it in the last 5 minutes, but we get a key defensive stop

24 to 7 at halftime

27 to 21 Buffalo win

Haha its funny and sad at the same time because it is true. Its always the 1st offensive series in the 3rd qtr we are good at and then it collapses until 5 or so minutes remaining in the 4th qtr

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

It took a while. I know it’s nothing compared to what the 49ers are dealing with but the Bills still have two starters on Offense on IR, one of them for the season.

It's things like this that make me question why teams can't dress the full 53 on games or have a 55-man roster. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

It's things like this that make me question why teams can't dress the full 53 on games or have a 55-man roster. 

I think they do this because they want people (vegas) to know who is inactive and therefore not playing. Otherwise you wouldnt know until the game kicked off if someone wasnt playing. 

2 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I think we go out and handle our business. This game might be close but were gonna put up some points 

I think we win but I think we’re going to need special teams and/or the defense to shorten the field at times for us on offense. 49ers seem to be playing lights out on that side of the ball right now.

On 12/3/2020 at 9:17 AM, soflbillsfan said:

Its interesting to read the thread the niners fan posted for us to join in on. They seem to be confident in beating the bills which is normal

Almost entirely based on getting the win against the Rams, tbh. If we lose that game, I'm reasonably sure that the majority of our fanbase figures we lose this game. The win re-energized a lot of people, which I do find peculiar given it was our first win in a month and our offense hasn't looked competent for a time period longer than that, but wins are exciting, so I guess I understand it. 

Diggs will likely be facing double teams as you mention forcing guys like Davis, Beasley and knox being the focal point in the passing game.

Would be surprised if he gets doubled up consistently. With no pass rush, we have to blitz more to get any pressure on a QB. Likely won't have the bodies to double up guys a ton. We will rely on our corners to stay with people more often than not, I think. I do expect Beasley to have a big game; we are on our third slot corner for this game. 

• Like 1