Playoff Picture

soflbillsfan

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Just as this team hitting strides in the National Media, leave it to a scrub former DB like Dominique Foxworth to dump all over Josh Allen and billsmafia 

NIck Wright is a huge hater too. The dude is super bitter for some godly reason but I like it I want the hate to over come the popular media showing love. It has always been Buffalo vs Everybody and with these guys hating so hard it continues to feel like that. 

2 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Just as this team hitting strides in the National Media, leave it to a scrub former DB like Dominique Foxworth to dump all over Josh Allen and billsmafia 

I just listened to what he said and another media member Clay Travis calls him out. He made a good point had it been reverse where it been a white espn analyst making comments about Lamar that person would have been canned 5 minutes off the air. So it will be interesting if this gains some noise on whether he will survive on ESPN or not. I think his comments are clear hatred towards a race and unnecessary. If you want to knock the guy do it appropriately dont say blatant things about the people that follow him.

Well I was hoping for a Raiders win last night as a potential team to face in the playoffs as I liked our odds against them but they proved that they weren't ready. Still have a couple nice pieces on that team though, wish we had a guy like Waller on the squad he seems like a reliable TE that still hasnt reached his full potential. 

16 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Well I was hoping for a Raiders win last night as a potential team to face in the playoffs as I liked our odds against them but they proved that they weren't ready. Still have a couple nice pieces on that team though, wish we had a guy like Waller on the squad he seems like a reliable TE that still hasnt reached his full potential. 

I would have loved to have seen the Raiders in the first round. I would probably rank the opponents as

1. Miami

2. Baltimore 

3. Cleveland 

4. Indianapolis 

in terms of easiest to beat or how we match up against them. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I would have loved to have seen the Raiders in the first round. I would probably rank the opponents as

1. Miami

2. Baltimore 

3. Cleveland 

4. Indianapolis 

in terms of easiest to beat or how we match up against them. 

As much as I would like to face Miami I just dont see them making it to the playoffs they would have to go 3-0  and hope teams like the ravens lose a game. I actually like Cleveland over Baltimore. I think with recent weeks the bills run d has been a lot better and this weekend will be a good test with Gordon/Lindsey. I rather be able to slow Baker down with his arm then Lamar with his legs. Indy is a concern as they are well rounded, fundamentally sound on both sides of the ball, similar to the Titans. Fun fact if we go 2-1 and some how Steelers go 1-2 (colts and browns) we still land the 2 seed if we are tied with titans, and steelers. 

Realistic scenario the Colts go 2-1 (lose to steelers), Titans go 2-1 (lose to GB), Browns go 2-1 (lose to steelers), Ravens going 3-0 based on their schedule. Bills win out as well as the steelers the 3 bills will face 6 Browns. 2 Steelers face 7 Colts and 4 titans face 5 Baltimore. 

Edited by soflbillsfan

11 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Well boys, Trevor Lawrence wont be in the division for the next decade lol.

I cannot believe the Jets didnt tank the season at this point 

Dont speak too soon! But damn- it's nice to see Jacksonville at #1 this morning.

Also, at this point- I'm hoping the Dolphins win out and we get them in the first round. Not only because I believe they're the weakest team of Baltimore, Cleveland, and Indy, but it'd also be awesome to play a division rival. They're a stingy team, so it def won't be a walk in the park, but I think we can shutdown Tua and co. Their defense is tough but I think they're a bit overhyped.

2 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

Also, at this point- I'm hoping the Dolphins win out and we get them in the first round. Not only because I believe they're the weakest team of Baltimore, Cleveland, and Indy, but it'd also be awesome to play a division rival. They're a stingy team, so it def won't be a walk in the park, but I think we can shutdown Tua and co. Their defense is tough but I think they're a bit overhyped.

If they win out would they stay at 7 or go to 6? Because realistically for the Bills to get the 2nd seed they’ll have to win out.

Im having a hard time seeing us play Miami in round 1 unless several things change.

3 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

Dont speak too soon! But damn- it's nice to see Jacksonville at #1 this morning.

I do not want Miami to win out. To many IF's remaining but lets say the Dolphins do win out. The Titans some how win out as well as it can be possible depending on how well they play GB, then they are now the 3rd seed and bills are 4th seed and get to play the Dolphins. We let them in by resting players or not beating them. You know how much media nonsense bills and bills fans would get if they lose to the team they put in the playoffs? It would be worse then last years blown lead with the Texans. Even then if we beat them that then forces us to play the Chiefs 2nd rd and then the winner of titans Steelers. I think this would be the toughest road possible. If we win out and the Steelers lose to the browns but beat the colts we face the colts in the 7th seed (with ravens winning out as well). To me I just want this team to roll and win out with out risking any chance of blowing the position they are in. If bills win out and steelers win out then we play the browns. I am more comfortable facing this team too because the bills d has stepped up in the past few weeks that they can stop the run and their defense isn't anything special as they struggle when facing a high powered offense. Either way letting the dolphins win out isnt something I want to see. Also you will see on week 17 just how good that defense is. They were without Byron Jones when we originally played them and with a whole season under their belts those DBs are going to be a problem for the passing game and will need to rely on their weakness which is the rush defense and our running attack has been subpar this year. 

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

If they win out would they stay at 7 or go to 6? Because realistically for the Bills to get the 2nd seed they’ll have to win out.

Im having a hard time seeing us play Miami in round 1 unless several things change.

I'm honestly not concerned with who we play in post season. I think we win out and take the 2 seed. But this team can beat anyone 

10 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Lmao Justin Fields or that bum from Florida, we lucked out so hard.

Fields is nice and would be 1/1 any other year but like every Ohio State QB he has questions.

I'm still shocked Jets management didnt tank. If they all get fired which they might, it's a huge FU to ownership and the fan base 

8 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I'm honestly not concerned with who we play in post season. I think we win out and take the 2 seed. But this team can beat anyone 

I think we can beat anyone as well. But I also think McDermott has a huge decision coming up. Rest starters in week 17 or play for the 2nd seed? There are merits to both. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think we can beat anyone as well. But I also think McDermott has a huge decision coming up. Rest starters in week 17 or play for the 2nd seed? There are merits to both. 

Well you can do both in a sense. Just go out there and smack the Dolphins hard in the 1st half then rest them in the 2nd half. In all seriousness I would push for the 2 seed over rest. Certain guys would need to be on a snap count such as John Brown, and Matt Milano as they run risk of being reinjured but you cant sit back and possibly rest players if 2nd seed is a possiblity. Do not forget if titans win against GB it will not only be about 2nd seed a loss to Miami could result in a 4th seed do we want to settle for that?