Playoff Picture

soflbillsfan

I am just shocked at how quickly the steelers have hit the wall hard. It is crazy how a couple of defenders just end your entire season. At this point you cant bench Ben so I assume they may move on from the OC before playoffs start because whatever is happening they arent making the changes necessary to win. Now you may be able to rest players week 17 if the Steelers lose to the colts this weekend and the bills beat the Pats. 

Things got a whole lot more interesting with this loss last night. If Colts and Browns both win out, Bills can then decide the fate of which nfl team makes it in to the playoffs. It still can happen but with the way the Steelers looked last night I can easily see them losing the next 2. They seem deflated and disinterested in playing. Colts then have the Jags after the Steelers, while Titans have GB this week who is fighting for the #1 seed. If the titans do lose and Colts win out they get the division forcing the titans in a wild card spot. The key games to watch week 17 would then be the Titans Texans game. It is starting to look like if Bills win then Dolphins are out and Ravens are in, bills lose then dolphins are in and ravens are out, however if titans lose both games and bills lose to dolphins then the titans are out. If that happens bills play ravens while dolphins are a 6th seed. If bills win then the dolphins are out and titans will be a 7th seed and ravens are a 6th seed. This crazy IF scenario is something that would be tricky because if titans can be eliminated from playoff contention I would be up for that rather then facing them with the 7th seed. I guess the top 3 games to watch this week will be bills vs pats, Steelers vs Colts, and Titans vs Gb. As this will open a lot of random scenarios.

Bills will clinch the #2 seed this week if : 

• Bills beat the Patriots
  • Colts beat the Steelers
  • Packers beat the Titans

I don't want to jinx it but all of those seem like they have a decent shot of happening. If that happens, and since there are not (2) byes this year, I would bench all the starters week 17 and let them rest. That would also allow the Dolphins to win and become the 7th seed over the Ravens. 

I think Miami is our easiest opponent in round 1 - especially with a warm weather team with a rookie QB coming to Buffalo in January. 

I wouldn't want to face the Ravens in round 1 but at this point I'd rather have the #2 seed and go from there. We can't shy away from everyone, if we want to beat the Chiefs then we should be able to handle the Ravens. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Bills will clinch the #2 seed this week if : 

• Bills beat the Patriots
  • Colts beat the Steelers
  • Packers beat the Titans

I don't want to jinx it but all of those seem like they have a decent shot of happening. If that happens, and since there are not (2) byes this year, I would bench all the starters week 17 and let them rest. That would also allow the Dolphins to win and become the 7th seed over the Ravens. 

I think Miami is our easiest opponent in round 1 - especially with a warm weather team with a rookie QB coming to Buffalo in January. 

I wouldn't want to face the Ravens in round 1 but at this point I'd rather have the #2 seed and go from there. We can't shy away from everyone, if we want to beat the Chiefs then we should be able to handle the Ravens. 

This is the exact scenario I see playing out. Though we wouldn’t be able to bench every starter, we could certainly limit and deactivate quite a few. 

However, I would not be shocked at all if the Titans run all over GB and get a win. If that happens, we’ll just have to hope the above played out and the Browns beat NYJ. That would give us about a 99% chance of clinching 2nd, even with a loss to Miami. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

This is the exact scenario I see playing out. Though we wouldn’t be able to bench every starter, we could certainly limit and deactivate quite a few. 

However, I would not be shocked at all if the Titans run all over GB and get a win. If that happens, we’ll just have to hope the above played out and the Browns beat NYJ. That would give us about a 99% chance of clinching 2nd, even with a loss to Miami. 

Last year vs the Jets after clinching the playoffs the bills had one series that they had starters in then the back ups came in. I think if the 2 seed is clinched I expect this to happen however if the 2 seed isnt clinched I do not see Mcdermott resting them. Also something that may need to be taken in to account and I am not sure who has final say on this but there are players trying to reach special incentives that are in their contract whether it is playing time or reaching statistics. 

4 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Last year vs the Jets after clinching the playoffs the bills had one series that they had starters in then the back ups came in. I think if the 2 seed is clinched I expect this to happen however if the 2 seed isnt clinched I do not see Mcdermott resting them. Also something that may need to be taken in to account and I am not sure who has final say on this but there are players trying to reach special incentives that are in their contract whether it is playing time or reaching statistics. 

Yeah even if we have clinched it I could see some starters playing a half or so. Guys like Boetteger, Gabe Davis, Klein, Norman etc. 

I got bored earlier and did a projected roster for week 17 with some starters sprinkled in like last year. 

QB: Barkley, Fromm, 
RB: Singletary, Moss, Yeldon, Jones
TE:Knox,  Kroft, Smith, Gilliam
WR: Brown, Davis, McKenzie, Kumerow, Roberts, Duke 
LT: Nsehke, Dawkins
LG: Boetteger, Bates
C Feliciano
RG: Winters, Harrison
RT: Williams

DE: Epenesa, Addison
DT: Oliver, Jefferson
DT: Phillips, Zimmer, Butler
DE: Johnson, Murphy
LB: Dodson, Smith, Milano
LB: Klein, Matakevich, Edmunds
CB: Norman, Jackson, Johnson, Neal, Wallace
S: Marlowe, Johnson, Thomas, Hyde

Inactive:
Josh Allen
Stefon Diggs
Cole Beasley
Mitch Morse
Jerry Hughes
Tre White 
Jordan Poyer

Call ups:
Duke Williams
Jonotthon Harrison
Josh Thomas

21 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Statement came out saying that this is not true and that they have yet to receive any form of proposal for this. They were expecting to discuss it but nothing has come from it. The Erie County members say they are not equipped to do rapid testing as they only deal with a 1400 test per week so to have 6700 rapid tests before a game is impossible. The article also then states that the proposal would need to be submitted no later then mid week I am not sure if they are talking about this week or next week but it is looking unlikely. Hopefully it does happen and we do get to have the opportunity to have fans in the stands because this is something they will need to get this team fired up at times. 

On 12/22/2020 at 5:30 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Yeah even if we have clinched it I could see some starters playing a half or so. Guys like Boetteger, Gabe Davis, Klein, Norman etc. 

I got bored earlier and did a projected roster for week 17 with some starters sprinkled in like last year. 

QB: Barkley, Fromm, 
RB: Singletary, Moss, Yeldon, Jones
TE:Knox,  Kroft, Smith, Gilliam
WR: Brown, Davis, McKenzie, Kumerow, Roberts, Duke 
LT: Nsehke, Dawkins
LG: Boetteger, Bates
C Feliciano
RG: Winters, Harrison
RT: Williams

DE: Epenesa, Addison
DT: Oliver, Jefferson
DT: Phillips, Zimmer, Butler
DE: Johnson, Murphy
LB: Dodson, Smith, Milano
LB: Klein, Matakevich, Edmunds
CB: Norman, Jackson, Johnson, Neal, Wallace
S: Marlowe, Johnson, Thomas, Hyde

Inactive:
Josh Allen
Stefon Diggs
Cole Beasley
Mitch Morse
Jerry Hughes
Tre White 
Jordan Poyer

Call ups:
Duke Williams
Jonotthon Harrison
Josh Thomas

Only difference I would have is...Allen will likely backup Barkley. Im sure we will keep Fromm isolated with playoff right around corner. Lets say worse case scenario Allen gets Covid this week and needs 2 weeks to recover. Then he was in contact with Barkley who will also lilely be unavailable and then Barkley was in contact with Fromm next week and that would make him unavailable. Just to be safe id leave Allen on the active roster. 

Also Kumerow would have to be a call up with John Brown added back to roster. Jake will have to be moved back down to practice squad.