Guenther fired

beardown3231

43 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

lmao wow gruden really fired his buddy pandemic Pauly, Im surprised. Won't make a difference for this season as it is too late but nice to see I guess.

drafting Ferrell over better DEs because he " fit pgs system/prototype" ...🤦‍♂️

Josh Allen or Ed Oliver made sooooooooo much sense. Both would be great Raiders right now. I hated the Ferrell pick but I have to say I don't think he's bad by any means. Just not the flashy high upside player like those two.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Josh Allen or Ed Oliver made sooooooooo much sense. Both would be great Raiders right now. I hated the Ferrell pick but I have to say I don't think he's bad by any means. Just not the flashy high upside player like those two.

I got hammered on draft night for wanting Allen or Oliver because "they didn't fit the scheme". 

That's the day I muted roughly 1/2 of the forum. 

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

I got hammered on draft night for wanting Allen or Oliver because "they didn't fit the scheme". 

That's the day I muted roughly 1/2 of the forum. 

Honestly I wanted White badly too. The moment QW was taken I got scared because I imagine that's who MM wanted first and foremost. Then we panicked and took the scheme fit and reached.

Edited by RaidersAreOne

15 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Honestly I wanted White badly too. The moment QW was taken I got scared because I imagine that's who MM wanted first and foremost. Then we panicked and took the scheme fit and reached.

White, Allen, Oiver, Burns were my guys at 4 I was pounding the table for.

At 24 I was absolutely screaming for Byron Murphy (if we'd taken Allen or Oliver, I would've jumped on Montez Sweat). I'll eat some crow on Jacobs, but I do maintain we possibly could've had him at 40 that year. 

When we took Abram over Murphy, Greedy Williams, and Taylor Rapp, I was pissed. 

I thought all 3 were reaches with better defensive prospects still on the board. Not all have worked out yet, but they weren't what I considered reaches. 

By the time we took Mullen, I didn't care anymore. He panned out, but I was just done.

The rest of the draft was alright I guess, but really underwhelming. Crosby didn't excite me with Greg Gaines on the board, but meh. Gaines was coming off an injury so I could live. Past that pick, I was indifferent and had no sleeper faves. 

Allen, Sweat,  Rapp, Jacobs, Gaines as my first 5 or Ferrell, Jacobs, Abram, Mullen, Crosby. Probably a wash given there's no guarantee Jacobs was there at 40, but I do think that order of Allen, Sweat, Jacobs, Rapp, Gaines was 100% possible. 

Alas. 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I wanted Josh Allen really but everybody was talking about scheme. Most Raider fans hated the Ferrell pick, there is literally a meme.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Who are good options out there for us to hire after the year?  I hope we get a young sharp mind and not some retread trash...

Let's be honest coaching for the Raiders in any fashion over the last 25 years has been a graveyard, so I am assuming it may be difficult to land top talent.

Aaron Glenn and Ryan Nielsen from the Saints.