No surprises: Hurts to start for Eagles vs. Cardinals

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

*Colts

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

This is the most optimal route. A team like the Colts could absorb that cap hit and earn a pick while rehabilitating Wentz with his old OC.

It would make for a tough Colts team - even if Wentz only got back to about 70-75% of his skill.

I keep seeing folks putting QB ___________ onto the Colts next year, in this thread it being Carson Wentz.  Is it a foregone conclusion that Rivers retires after this year?  He's looked pretty good.

54 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I keep seeing folks putting QB ___________ onto the Colts next year, in this thread it being Carson Wentz.  Is it a foregone conclusion that Rivers retires after this year?  He's looked pretty good.

No, but he's not under contract either, so the need is there either way and if the colts want to move on they have the opportunity to. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Starless said:

They could try to do what the Texans did with Osweiler.

'Course that would require finding a trade partner with $90 million in cap room. 

And thats going to be even harder with the Covid affected salary cap.

14 hours ago, Starless said:

They could try to do what the Texans did with Osweiler.

'Course that would require finding a trade partner with $90 million in cap room. 

Why do they need 90 million in cap room? His hits are 22 and 25 million the next two years. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

He has accepted a head coaching job at a highschool that starts this coming season from my understanding. Sounds like he's going to retire after this season.

Edited by 49erurtaza

Hurts is doing what Murray did with Arizona and that is hide the issue at hand which is the oline his ability to run to get more time to throw is something wentz cant do. Wentz needs to find a team with an oline and some acceptable weapons as the ones he has had this year have all been injured. Not making any excuses for the guy he can use a change of scenery. If Osweiler and Sam Bradford can be traded anything is possible with Wentz but Philly will be eating quite a bit of dead cap if they are willing to do a post june 1st trade they can even it out but even then you have to expect a year or two of scraps to rebuild. At this point Philly should move on from the bloated contracts and start fresh. 

8 hours ago, 43M said:

And thats going to be even harder with the Covid affected salary cap.

There's talk the cap may not even go down significantly at this point and remain largely flat. Talk of 195M, which would be a largely lateral situation. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

He has accepted a head coaching job at a highschool that starts this coming season from my understanding. Sounds like he's going to retire after this season.

the job is available to him at any time there is no time stamp on it as of when he accepted the job. He just stated his dad coached him when he was in high school and he wants to do the same for his boys which they arent even close to high school ages so I am not sure if he will leave after this year as he still seems to have it. But I do get the constant connection of a qb to colts.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

There's talk the cap may not even go down significantly at this point and remain largely flat. Talk of 195M, which would be a largely lateral situation. 

NFL and NFLPA agreed to a cap of 175 mil in 2021 back in august. Where did this rumor of it not going to this and going to 195? Can you please send the link

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

NFL and NFLPA agreed to a cap of 175 mil in 2021 back in august. Where did this rumor of it not going to this and going to 195? Can you please send the link

They agreed to a cap floor of 175...Cap decisions aren't made until Feb / March 

The negotiations that allowed the 2020 season to proceed included a commitment that the 2021 salary cap will be no lower than $175 million per team. The upcoming negotiations (and it’s negotiated every year) regarding the 2021 salary cap could result in a number significantly higher than $175 million.

Per a league source, the possibility that stadiums will be full for the 2021 season could prompt the league to not tie the hands of teams by dropping the salary cap by more than $23 million per team, from $198.2 million. Although the 2020 season will indeed result in lower revenue than usual, the potential of a return to something normal or close to it plus the coming TV deals may result in the league keeping the cap in the range of $195 million.

6 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

gotcha can you send that link would like to read the whole article

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/06/optimism-emerges-regarding-2021-salary-cap/

We won't know for a couple of months I'd think just because we I think this is a situation where we certainly will have to see where the vaccine is. John Lynch said he thought it would fall between 180-190. So absolute worst case is 175; highest / best case I've seen is this 195M 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2020 at 3:30 PM, soflbillsfan said:

Hurts is doing what Murray did with Arizona and that is hide the issue at hand which is the oline his ability to run to get more time to throw is something wentz cant do

Thats simply not true. Wentz is very good when throwing on the run, boots, rolling out and even scrambling on designed runs. However Doug Pederson at no time in 12 weeks wanted to incorporate that into a Carson Wentz led offense.

He was to worried about Wentz getting injured and being blamed for calling such plays. He isn't in the slightest with Jalen Hurst. He gets hurt, he gets hurt! That is the only difference between the two. Wentz like Rodgers could run for 50-70 yds a gm, with ease if they wanted too. But both try to stay a Passer as much as possible.

Wentz just doesn't have the luxury of doing that with this surrounding cast/OL. Hurst is RG3 all over again. A 1 read wonder, not there take off! Its just a matter of time before he too gets injured.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 2