GDT: Detroit Lions @ Tennessee Titans

ttitansfan4life

21 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Didn't they add that corner last year around this time. Forgot his name already..lol But he played in the AFC Championship game and more. 
EDIT: Looked it up Tremaine Brock.  4 games with us. 

We have to do something. Saw something PK posted where Simmons is basically getting triple teamed. 
He needs someone to do something. 

Boy it sure would be nice if we had a solid, reliable, loyal veteran leader on the team playing IDL.  *Eyes JRob angrily*

Edited by Daniel

I wanna see how Adorees knee feels today and tomorrow. If its good I'll feel much better moving forward cause YO Arod will eat Tye smith alive so please to the heavens let Fulton be ready so we can go into a game with Jackson Butler King and Fulton. God that sounds so much better than Butler Joseph Tye smith and CHRIS Jackson lmao. Also looks like that Browns game lost Borders (Spelling) his job. I liked him more than Tye smith but whatever Jackson changes everything like I thought he would. He makes plays on 3rd down which has been killing us this year.But man I really think the score next week is like 45-42 us

lol

And we should've paid Corey when we had the chance. We have so many FAs. Idk how we do it but we can't let Corey Adpree or smith walk out that door. Im bad with cap stuff but damn it there has to be a way. Brown will have to walk but Im starting to like long so thats fine. Id love to take humps money and give it to Corey. Everyone wants out of Malcoms but Id like to keep him. He brings swagger and toughness. 

Sorry just rambling 

jayon brown is gone and i don’t see us keeping rashaan past his first contract (or picking up his option for that matter) unless he magically turns it way up next year. this offseason absolutely has to be about remaking the front 7 from the ground up. need talent around simmons in the worst way.

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

jayon brown is gone and i don’t see us keeping rashaan past his first contract (or picking up his option for that matter) unless he magically turns it way up next year. this offseason absolutely has to be about remaking the front 7 from the ground up. need talent around simmons in the worst way.

I don't know.  With him being injured and apparently below most people's radar, he might not be very expensive.

At this point, Corey Davis is gone.  Someone will be paying him $15M a year for a while.  Jonnu Smith is hard to say.  We either keep him and lose all our depth at TE or keep our depth and lose our top end.  I don't think the money is there to do both.

Either way, that's enough money left to retain at least one of Daquan or Jayon IMO.

All that said, JRob has a pretty good history finding linebackers.  Evans is like the asterisk, and he's far from a bust, just not playing up to his potential (though he had a great game this week).  If we were gonna be thin at one position going into the draft, that should be the one.

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I don't know.  With him being injured and apparently below most people's radar, he might not be very expensive.

At this point, Corey Davis is gone.  Someone will be paying him $15M a year for a while.  Jonnu Smith is hard to say.  We either keep him and lose all our depth at TE or keep our depth and lose our top end.  I don't think the money is there to do both.

Either way, that's enough money left to retain at least one of Daquan or Jayon IMO.

All that said, JRob has a pretty good history finding linebackers.  Evans is like the asterisk, and he's far from a bust, just not playing up to his potential (though he had a great game this week).  If we were gonna be thin at one position going into the draft, that should be the one.

I think Corey stays for the simple fact you keep your core players at all cost. If the titans want to win a Super Bowl with RT & DH in their prime you keep the band together. We can cut butler, Vacarro & hump there you go. 

• Like 1

Cut Humphries, Vaccaro, and Butler. Resign Davis, Jonnu, and King. Let Jones and Jayon walk(unless he does a cheap 1 year prove it real). He wasn’t that great this year before the injury but I’m still blaming the scheme.  Have to keep the offense together at all costs. Davis has grown here and has finally found his way. He’ll want his money but I’m sure he loves the situation in Tennessee too. Potentially resign Adoree next TC like we normally do with some players assuming he finishes strong. We won’t have much money for FA so we’ll have to be smart. Some under the radar signings for the defense and then hit the draft strong. Hopefully a full offseason for this draft class helps transform them and maybe Wilson gets his **** together(doubt it). 

2 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

how depressed are you that, we're playing the Pack on SNF over Xmas weekend, we're both very good, and there's a global pandemic

I still haven't been to Lambeau. Definitely would've taken the ride up from chicago with friends

Come to town once every eight years, the last time we were any good and played at Lambeau, I was 14. Guess I’ll try it again in 2028.

16 minutes ago, Daniel said:

WR FA this year: (Notable names):
Larry Fitzgerald (Nothing going anywhere)
AJ Green
TY Hilton
Chris Godwin
Kenny Golladay
Travis Fulgham
Zach Pascal
Sammy Watkins
Allen Robinson
Willie Snead
Will Fuller
Corey Davis
John Ross
Curtis Samuel
JuJU Smith Schuster
Nelson Agholor
Rashard Higgins

Yes someone could pay him, but it is a flooded market this year with WR talent. To me, Godwin gets paid the most. Allen Robinson is going to be up there. Golladay too. 
Corey Davis can come back on a very nice deal for him and good for us.  I can't see him getting some $100 Million contract. 
Spotrac puts him at about 4 years $40 million. 

• Like 1

It is tough. Hard situation to judge. Davis has been hit or miss at times and has been in a contract year. Is he really that integral or is he eating off Henry, Tannehill, and Browns success. I love him, hard nosed, great blocker, and has a great skill set. Just would be wary of spending too much on him. What is good is that Henry and Tannehill took team friendly deals to set a standard, maybe he will follow that trend. It could go either way for me, that's why I don't make the decisions. Whatever they do just make the right decisions, because this offense is so special and if we have another bad off-season and the d suffers we are wasting super bowl opportunities.

My thinking for him being gone is that he's about to have another 1000 yard season on a team that's run first and where he has to split duties with AJ.  Combine that with his downfield blocking ability (where he's one of the best in the NFL) and the fact that he's a first down machine, I still think that, unless he wants to stay in Tennessee (which I really hope is true), someone else will be able to outbid us by a lot.

And I think he's kind of superfluous on our offense.  We don't need two stud receivers if we're gonna ride Henry like we do.  AJ Brown is a monster in the making, we have a good TE group, and Darrynton Evans will give us additional passing options.

That, and we're probably going to have a new OC next season anyway.

The offense is great.  I think losing Davis, it will still be great.  I'd rather see us put some work towards our defense.  That's what's holding us back right now.

Edited by Daniel

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

My thinking for him being gone is that he's about to have another 1000 yard season on a team that's run first and where he has to split duties with AJ.  Combine that with his downfield blocking ability (where he's one of the best in the NFL) and the fact that he's a first down machine, I still think that, unless he wants to stay in Tennessee (which I really hope is true), someone else will be able to outbid us by a lot.

And I think he's kind of superfluous on our offense.  We don't need two stud receivers if we're gonna ride Henry like we do.  AJ Brown is a monster in the making, we have a good TE group, and Darrynton Evans will give us additional passing options.

That, and we're probably going to have a new OC next season anyway.

The offense is great.  I think losing Davis, it will still be great.  I'd rather see us put some work towards our defense.  That's what's holding us back right now.

Name a WR on our team other than AJ brown that’s flirting with WR1 or 2 yes we use our TE’s a lot but that’s more so I’m blocking. I’m not sure we have a TE that has eclipsed over 500 yrds receiving yet. 
take away CD & double AJ with a new OC next yr that’s a setback on offense. Improve the defense through the draft & FA

• Like 1

If we let Corey go, we are either forced to spend serious FA money or serious draft capital on a receiver, which to me seems silly if we can just retain a good receiver that is already familiar with the system and fits perfectly.

This offense takes a real hit with only one viable receiver. Makes it so much harder to punish teams for playing the run.

• Like 3