Missed Connections: WRs, what are they and how can we get some? {The Shrine of Jefferson}

EaglesPeteC

7 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

38-7 

That's not what I came here for but here we are.

Given how bad the division is, in a year or two the Eagles should be right back in it. I think getting Hurts some more weapons might be a good thing.

I say that while still not a big fan of first round receivers.

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

That's not what I came here for but here we are.

Given how bad the division is, in a year or two the Eagles should be right back in it. I think getting Hurts some more weapons might be a good thing.

I say that while still not a big fan of first round receivers.

Hurts isn't anything special. It doesn't matter who the QB is here so long as Doug is around.

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

He's your most successful coach. Let's see what 2021 has to offer before giving up all hope.

Nope. It's become plainly obvious that 2017 was a fluke and the planets aligned. 

Doug can't scheme.
He can't call plays.
He hires and promotes the least qualified people.
He can't develop players.
A large number of players are far better as soon as they leave Philadelphia.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

Nope. It's become plainly obvious that 2017 was a fluke and the planets aligned. 

Doug can't scheme.
He can't call plays.
He hires and promotes the least qualified people.
He can't develop players.
A large number of players are far better as soon as they leave Philadelphia.

Things worked out in 2018 and 2019 though

6 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

From the outside maybe it seems like that. When you're watching every single down it's far from it. This team has gotten so bad after the SB. 

That stinks, but at least you guys have one Lombardi. I'd like to see my Vikings do that. Just once would be enough.

Edited by SteelKing728
  • Like 1

What makes me nervous is Howie and crew thinking the current group of young WRs are good enough and don't go WRs at #6. I mean of a stud defensive player is there then cool. BPA is a thing but just don't reach. Too many ballers will be on the board. I still think Devonta, Waddle, or Chase is the way to go.

22 minutes ago, ACO said:

What makes me nervous is Howie and crew thinking the current group of young WRs are good enough and don't go WRs at #6. I mean of a stud defensive player is there then cool. BPA is a thing but just don't reach. Too many ballers will be on the board. I still think Devonta, Waddle, or Chase is the way to go.

Waddle is not worth the #6 pick - if somehow both Chase and Smith are gone you either look elsewhere or you  move back. 

52 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Rewrite that history, sweetie.

A new staff can’t be worse, right?

They though Jefferson was a slot guy who couldn't produce, yet they ended up taking what will likely end up being a slot guy who didn't produce.

You can't make this **** up. 

10 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

They though Jefferson was a slot guy who couldn't produce, yet they ended up taking what will likely end up being a slot guy who didn't produce.

You can't make this **** up. 

Reagor can play the slot but is far from limited to it.

14 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Waddle is not worth the #6 pick - if somehow both Chase and Smith are gone you either look elsewhere or you  move back. 

I wouldn't draft Waddle at #6 but personally I think he is the best out of the three. That said I agree with your take. I think Chase or Smith will be there unless Jets and Miami both do there.... and it is possible. I just doubt it.