Missed Connections: WRs, what are they and how can we get some? {The Shrine of Jefferson}

EaglesPeteC

12 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Nah. Jefferson may be on pace for GOAT rookie WR season but if you watch the tape he is not outrunning guys on go routes,  he relies on crisp route running to get open and elite QB Cousins for his production. You're crazy if you wish the Eagles took him. 

When did I say that and when did I knock Jefferson for his production this year or his polish? lol

You guys are making fools out of yourselves, but I digress...

11 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Aka what everyone said about him coming out.

JJ has been really good for them. But yeah I think we all should know how silly it is to call anything so soon.

It's obvious that some people on here are box score scouts, love to ignore context, didn't watch Reagor/Jefferson coming out and/or put way too much stock into a rookie year.

• Like 2

On 12/11/2020 at 5:29 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Nah. Jefferson may be on pace for GOAT rookie WR season but if you watch the tape he is not outrunning guys on go routes,  he relies on crisp route running to get open and elite QB Cousins for his production. You're crazy if you wish the Eagles took him. 

Lol you are crazy for doubling down on NOT taking him. You don't have to run by people to be an efficient deep threat. I feel like people on this board just want raw speed. Being a threat in the short & intermediate game opens EVERYTHING up downfield. Plus Jefferson has a really good catch radius (which Raegor really lacks), one of the reasons why I thought he could be a very good WR no matter where he lined up (which has proven to be extremely true). 

EDIT: I think you were being sarcastic RandyMoss? My apologies.

Edited by Wentz you dog you

Ayo let’s talk JJAW.

I think our WR room is too crowded. If given the chance to start (or literally play on any passing plays) I think he could still produce for us. If we didn’t have Alshon still I think fulgham would be splitting time with JJAW instead. 

36 minutes ago, oland11 said:

Ayo let’s talk JJAW.

I think our WR room is too crowded. If given the chance to start (or literally play on any passing plays) I think he could still produce for us. If we didn’t have Alshon still I think fulgham would be splitting time with JJAW instead. 

you think JJAW would be better with hurts?

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

you think JJAW would be better with hurts?

I think he would be better on any other team.

42 minutes ago, oland11 said:

Yes. I also think after he didn’t catch that contested ball in the end zone on the last play of the lions game last year that the city has had it out for him. 

This city but specially this organization.

When a young player specially a WR makes a mistake they sit him and let him dwell on his mistakes instead of having them grow. Just look at what they´re doing to Fulgham now. He only played like 10 snaps last game. We suck at evaluating WR but we are worse at developing them.

Edited by Broadway Joe
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, BugzBunny101 said:

Reagor is OK but hes no Jefferson, Aiyuk or even higgins.

We need to draft another WR again.

Let's see how he develops with Hurts. Way too soon to place any finality on any of these guys. I think they manufacture touches for Reagor pretty heavily from here on out.

13 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Let's see how he develops with Hurts. Way too soon to place any finality on any of these guys. I think they manufacture touches for Reagor pretty heavily from here on out.

Not really, Eagles have a track record of not developing WRs. They are definitely not going to be able to develop an inferior WR.

2 hours ago, BugzBunny101 said:

Not really, Eagles have a track record of not developing WRs. They are definitely not going to be able to develop an inferior WR.

Meh, agree to disagree. I don't think Reagor is definitively inferior to any of the rookie WR in terms of ability. Obviously his stats aren't the greatest comparatively though. And there's plenty of reasons for that other than his ability.

3 hours ago, BugzBunny101 said:

Reagor is OK but hes no Jefferson, Aiyuk or even higgins.

We need to draft another WR again.

Reagor can be a really nice number 2. Coming out I think his ceiling is TY Hilton. I don’t know if he quite gets there but adding Devanta Smith or, if the draft Gods smile upon us, Chase would make a strong duo. 

• Like 1