2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

31 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Probably true, although I don't know much about Bierria. I'd love either Harris or Michel in that 4th round range as a 3rd down back. Both guys have experience doing that in college.

I could see him as an eventual replacement for Lee at Will.

It's way too early to be starting this stuff, but I'm bored...

Record: 8-8 and picking somewhere in the middle of each round. Think at this point, DLaw is going to be re-signed/tagged. 

RD1:  Marcus Allen / SS / Penn St. 
- Byron Jones experiment is over. He moves to backup/slot/whatever. Allen and Woods man safety spots moving forward. 
RD2: Roquon Smith / OLB / UGA
- Age, injuries, depth. All questions. Smith is a stud.
RD3: Jaylon Ferguson / DE / La Tech
- Has put up 24+ sacks in 2.5 seasons. 
RD4: Kendrick Norton / DT / Miami [Fla]
RD4[comp]: Willl Clapp / OG / LSU

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Don't think you would be in the minority. 

Yeah Im in agreement. As helpful as a quality safety is, it is historically one of those positions you can plug in a guy and be fine at. Most of good safety play is discipline and technique (esp tackling technique) and I find it hard to believe we need a second high round draft pick back there. 

Have to cut cost and maximize value in todays NFL and safety is one of those positions you can usually do that at.

10 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Don't think you would be in the minority. 

Nope. May have mocked a S, but I'm not entirely convinced I'd go that route. While Jones hasn't been what I hoped, he's far from being a bad safety. Do think Dallas can do better though. Plus, I've always wanted to see him at CB. 

13 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

It's way too early to be starting this stuff, but I'm bored...

Record: 8-8 and picking somewhere in the middle of each round. Think at this point, DLaw is going to be re-signed/tagged. 

RD1:  Marcus Allen / SS / Penn St. 
- Byron Jones experiment is over. He moves to backup/slot/whatever. Allen and Woods man safety spots moving forward. 
RD2: Roquon Smith / OLB / UGA
- Age, injuries, depth. All questions. Smith is a stud.
RD3: Jaylon Ferguson / DE / La Tech
- Has put up 24+ sacks in 2.5 seasons. 
RD4: Kendrick Norton / DT / Miami [Fla]
RD4[comp]: Willl Clapp / OG / LSU

So B Jones is ANOTHER DB bust??? With our poor D line, they will all be busts.

15 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

I actually like our DL. With DLaw, Collins, and Irving, we are better than most teams.

Our scheme however needs to change. 

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

I actually like our DL. With DLaw, Collins, and Irving, we are better than most teams.

Our scheme relies too much of Lee.

Our DL is told to JUST rush. Which, with those three, isn't awful, but that exposes us in the run game. Which means we need our LBers to tackle. Which, without Lee we are left with a one-legged Smith.

Doesn't work.

We are Bowman's first choice. The team had a deal in place with the Saints, and the Panthers were considering a trade.  He was released because he wanted to pick his own team, and the 49ers granted him that as a reward for his service.  

He wants to go to a contender and it says a lot that the Raiders and Cowboys are his top 2 choices when there are other teams willing to trade for him.

The Raiders don't really count because he doesn't have to go that far to meet with them.  Certainly he has some interest but I wonder if he would if they weren't so close.  I get that he might not want to move far away.

The Cowboys are the first team he agreed to meet that wasn't in his back yard. Which leads me to believe we are his first choice.

I'm looking at us giving up well over 100 yards per game on the ground, over 320 rsh yards allowed the last 2 weeks alone without Sean Lee, and I don't know how you let Bowman leave Dallas without a deal.  We are 25th in the league giving up 4.6 yards per carry. I don't care if he lost something in coverage. Can he still thump?

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

Not at all, if he stays put at S, I'm completely fine with that. But, I do want someone who is a ballhawk. Jones is not that guy. Hoping come SF game, we start seeing a lot more Woods and a lot less of Heath opposite Jones. 

46 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

This. A lot of this. Will be interesting to see how things play out moving forward. Defense is healthy or at least should be come SF game. And, I agree with the thought that Bowman wants to play here and I believe it would be a big boost to the defense. 

Whatever the case, there has to be some improvement or RM can't stay. 

Boys I like discussing draft prospects.  That being said, I know that when it's October and we have 14 pages dedicated to next year's draft prospects this season is not off to a good start and may not be looking promising.  Kind of depressing really.

13 minutes ago, Northland said:

Boys I like discussing draft prospects.  That being said, I know that when it's October and we have 14 pages dedicated to next year's draft prospects this season is not off to a good start and may not be looking promising.  Kind of depressing really.

Funny you should mention that. When I made up that little mock, I had the same thought and checked out archives. We're actually at the exact same point in this thread [pg 14] as we were with last year's.  

12 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Funny you should mention that. When I made up that little mock, I had the same thought and checked out archives. We're actually at the exact same point in this thread [pg 14] as we were with last year's.  

I stand corrected.  We like the Draft at any time of year!

Archived