2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

7 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

Results from my most recent mock:

Marcus Allen FS, Penn State (1st Round, 26th Overall Pick)
Lowell Lotulelei DT, Utah (2nd Round, 58th Overall Pick)
Tremaine Edmunds EDGE, Virginia Tech (3rd Round, 90th Overall Pick)
Sony Michel RB, Georgia (4th Round, 128th Overall Pick)
Hayden Hurst TE, South Carolina (4th Round, 136th Overall Pick)
Brandon Facyson CB, Virginia Tech (5th Round, 173rd Overall Pick)
Robert Foster WR, Alabama (5th Round, 176th Overall Pick)
David Bright OT, Stanford (6th Round, 204th Overall Pick)
Max Browne QB, Pittsburgh (6th Round, 213th Overall Pick)
Tegray Scales MLB, Indiana (7th Round, 248th Overall Pick)

And yet again, you lost me at our 1st round pick.

21 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

And yet again, you lost me at our 1st round pick.

I get it, you aren't a fan of adding a first round DB. That said, Allen would be an impact player in the backfield. This also is based on us not retaining the services of Marinelli and bringing in a DC who will be more aggressive. 

Getting Lotulelei to add in the middle with Collins would free up our edge rushers to get to the QB. Edmunds can fill that Wilber role, with the exception that he can actually rush the passer as well. 

20 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

Results from my most recent mock:

Marcus Allen FS, Penn State (1st Round, 26th Overall Pick)
Lowell Lotulelei DT, Utah (2nd Round, 58th Overall Pick)
Tremaine Edmunds EDGE, Virginia Tech (3rd Round, 90th Overall Pick)
Sony Michel RB, Georgia (4th Round, 128th Overall Pick)
Hayden Hurst TE, South Carolina (4th Round, 136th Overall Pick)
Brandon Facyson CB, Virginia Tech (5th Round, 173rd Overall Pick)
Robert Foster WR, Alabama (5th Round, 176th Overall Pick)
David Bright OT, Stanford (6th Round, 204th Overall Pick)
Max Browne QB, Pittsburgh (6th Round, 213th Overall Pick)
Tegray Scales MLB, Indiana (7th Round, 248th Overall Pick)

That's an amazing draft no matter how you look at it. 

5 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

That's an amazing draft no matter how you look at it. 

Gives us a ballhawking center fielder (finally). Lotulelei is an actual 1-tech, so should free up our ends and Collins to make plays. Edmunds can play with his hand on the ground or as a standup rusher. Michel would be a heck of a complimentary back to Zeke and Hurst has a lot of potential if he can put it all together. 

On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 2:18 PM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Latest Draft:

• Round 1: Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan 
  • Round 2: Malik Jefferson*, LB, Texas 
  • Round 3: James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State 
  • Round 4: Ade Aruna, DE, Tulane 
  • Round 4 (comp):  DeAndre Baker*, CB, Georgia 
  • Round 5: TRADED -- Xavier Woods
  • Round 5 (comp): Martez Carter, RB, Grambling 
  • Round 5 (comp): Bentley Spain, OT, North Carolina  
  • Round 5 (comp): Larry Allen Jr., G, Harvard 
  • Round 6:  Quinton Flowers*, QB, South Florida
  • Round 7: TRADED -- Jayrone Elliott

This isn't a draft that gets immediate impact. Hurst would be rotating in with Irving & Collins on the inside. Jefferson would be our starting SOLB to eventually replace Lee. Washington would play spot positions until he can become out #2 for a deep threat. Ade is raw, so would only really play on third down or obvious passing situations. Baker is great - but will be QB 4. Carter would be our third down back. Spain swing tackle. Allen as a swing OG. Flowers as QB 3. 

I expect us to lose Scan, Run DMC, and Morris. 

DLaw will get tagged. Randy will return. 

I'll be honest. When the "war daddy" comment took place and I began to spend hours on YouTube watching 1st round DE prospects(excluding Garrett). When I got to Taco, I saw flashes of extreme pass rush ability. A guy who seemed to make an impact on every play. Unfortunately, it wasn't Taco. It was Hurst. He was the one that jumped off the screen. The only thing that limited him it seemed was his snap count. I haven't seen anything he has done this year, but I read last year that he was going to be a 5th year senior? How old is he and would that effect picking him to early?

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I'll be honest. When the "war daddy" comment took place and I began to spend hours on YouTube watching 1st round DE prospects(excluding Garrett). When I got to Taco, I saw flashes of extreme pass rush ability. A guy who seemed to make an impact on every play. Unfortunately, it wasn't Taco. It was Hurst. He was the one that jumped off the screen. The only thing that limited him it seemed was his snap count. I haven't seen anything he has done this year, but I read last year that he was going to be a 5th year senior? How old is he and would that effect picking him to early?

Hurst will be 23 by next years' draft.

20 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

Hurst will be 23 by next years' draft.

Taco jumped off the page later in the season once he adjusted to being a starter. He grew into the position and was almost unblockable late in the year once he figured out the position. Remember, Taco was only a one year starter due to injuries and depth. That being said, Hurst and Rashon Gary are studs. Gary will get the attention because he can play either the 3T in a 4-3 or 5T DE in a 3-4. Hurst is really built to be a 1T NT in a 4-3, and I’d be very happy to have him.

MUCH happier than a damned DB.

13 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Taco jumped off the page later in the season once he adjusted to being a starter. He grew into the position and was almost unblockable late in the year once he figured out the position. Remember, Taco was only a one year starter due to injuries and depth. That being said, Hurst and Rashon Gary are studs. Gary will get the attention because he can play either the 3T in a 4-3 or 5T DE in a 3-4. Hurst is really built to be a 1T NT in a 4-3, and I’d be very happy to have him.

MUCH happier than a damned DB.

If that DB is Troy Polumalu or Darren Woodson like. Then I would rather the DB. I want Lee's leader successor. 

50 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

If that DB is Troy Polumalu or Darren Woodson like. Then I would rather the DB. I want Lee's leader successor. 

I think this is a big deal and something to watch out for. The way this defense collapses without Lee, it has to be somewhat of a mental thing. We really need that guy who steps in for him as vocal leader/communicator on the back line. They would probably hope for Byron/Jaylon to step in here, but, we’ll see.

Just now, matt79511 said:

I think this is a big deal and something to watch out for. The way this defense collapses without Lee, it has to be somewhat of a mental thing. We really need that guy who steps in for him as vocal leader/communicator on the back line. They would probably hope for Byron/Jaylon to step in here, but, we’ll see.

Many people speculated that Roy Williams best and most promising years was because Darren Woodson kept directing him into the best positions to make plays.

He made calls on defense constantly. You see that every game that Lee plays in. It's almost magical. 

In most cases I agree with @plan9misfit that DB is unnecessary until we get the front 7 situated. H/e a team leader/ signal caller is imperative. And should overrule that call. 

22 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Many people speculated that Roy Williams best and most promising years was because Darren Woodson kept directing him into the best positions to make plays.

He made calls on defense constantly. You see that every game that Lee plays in. It's almost magical. 

In most cases I agree with @plan9misfit that DB is unnecessary until we get the front 7 situated. H/e a team leader/ signal caller is imperative. And should overrule that call. 

Not to mention we lead the league in sacks. Obviously we have issues against the run but that's not typically the front 7 issues that are mentioned in conjunction with the Great Foootballs Future DL/DB Value Debate.

6th in the league in sacks. We lead most of the league.

Archived