2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Like Desmond King, this is probably going to hurt Jewell's draft stock. Like King, I believe Jewell is fast enough. What he's missing in speed he makes up for with instincts, smarts, and tenacity.  

I like him as a player, don't get me wrong - I just don't think he'd fit as the Will in Marinelli's scheme. 

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:22 PM, Desperado82 said:

I like him as a player, don't get me wrong - I just don't think he'd fit as the Will in Marinelli's scheme. 

Living up here in Big 10 country I have seen a lot of Jewell's games through out his college career and my opinion of his game is he could fit in any type of scheme. The kid has a very good football IQ and is always around the ball. I would rate him up there with Lee any day. Most of all very good character so you don't have to worry on that side of the football. I still say that the guy is very quick and still makes plays on pressuring the QB. Being a Wolverine fan I still have to give a Hawkeye kudos for being a superior football player, he's just a tackling machine and play maker.If you really look @ this defense the weak spots are at linebacker , strong safety and we need another DT to rotate with Collins. Josey Jewell is a player that could plug in at the weak side or middle linebacker position if Lee or Smith went down and can also rotate and keep our linebacker corps fresh trough out games with out missing a beat. If you look closely @ our defense when they send in Durant lately you see big plays given up because he's lost that step and now that you see them keeping Wilson out at the SAM position and not forcing him to cover speed players you see that he's back to playing good football. Hitchens's has been very good coming in to relieve Smith and Wilson. If the Cowboy's next year could get a good DE/SS/LB's/DT/OL  possibly in that order if you look at where we could be drafting at and how the player rankings are coming out by some beat writers. My final thought is that if you can find that superior athletic and intelligent football player they can adopt to any coaching scheme in todays game. Just having a little fun at this point in the college season I'm going to do an early mock draft.

1) Duke Ejiofor (DE) Wake Forest 6-4" 270lbs. 4.75 speed  this kid really brings the pressure off the edge can really compliment Demarcus Lawrence, Moyawa needs to go he just doesn't really add anything to this defense, Gregory no one knows what's going to become of him, Tapper has been unlucky with injuries but you can see his potential. Irving /Lawrence/Collins are the nucleus of this defensive line, Crawford is still inconsistent for the size of his contract is. Keep finding pieces to build this defensive line up.

2) Ronnie Harrison (SS) Alabama 6-3" 214 lbs. your new starting SS can bring the lumber and is good in coverage.

3) Josey Jewell (LB) Iowa 6-2" 235 lbs. very good football IQ. /PLAYMAKER/ can plug in right away

4a)Maea Teuhema (OL) Southern Louisiana 6-5" 315lbs. 5.2 speed a former LSU player that transferred due to off field issues but according to officials nothing to be really concerned about before all this he was ranked as a early draft choice.

4b) Sione Teuhema (OLB) Southern Louisiana 6-4" 245lbs. a fellow teammate of Maea this kid has been on fire this year a sleeper in this years draft. Can bring QB pressure off the edge and can cover TE's and RB's coming out of the back field.

6) Poona Ford (DT) Texas 5-11" 305lb. A player that is short in stature but has that leverage on Offensive linemen to help him shoot the gaps.

How would you guys feel if our draft panned out like this?

Rashaan Evans OLB, Alabama (1st Round)
James Washington WR, Oklahoma State (2nd Round)
Kendrick Norton DT, Miami (3rd Round)
Rashaad Penny RB, San Diego State (4th Round)
Hayden Hurst TE, South Carolina (4th Round, comp)
Brandon Facyson CB, Virginia Tech (5th Round, comp)
Andrew Brown DE, Virginia (5th Round, comp)
Nate Gaines SS, UT-San Antonio (6th Round)
Chris Lindstrom OG, Boston College (6th Round, comp)
Richard Lagow QB, Indiana (7th Round)

11 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

How would you guys feel if our draft panned out like this?

Rashaan Evans OLB, Alabama (1st Round)
James Washington WR, Oklahoma State (2nd Round)
Kendrick Norton DT, Miami (3rd Round)
Rashaad Penny RB, San Diego State (4th Round)
Hayden Hurst TE, South Carolina (4th Round, comp)
Brandon Facyson CB, Virginia Tech (5th Round, comp)
Andrew Brown DE, Virginia (5th Round, comp)
Nate Gaines SS, UT-San Antonio (6th Round)
Chris Lindstrom OG, Boston College (6th Round, comp)
Richard Lagow QB, Indiana (7th Round)

How would I feel?? I am about to declare this your BEST JOB ever ! I knew you could do it ;)

22 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I almost wanted to make a thread of this question, but is our offensive line finally gelling? or is it just a game or 2? 

OR do we still need to list O-lineman as a potential TOP priority???

Discuss gentlemen!

These things aren't mutually exclusive. Smart teams build on their strengths.

12 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I get it, draft BPA regardless of position. But if draft grades are somewhat equal, teams should lean on need ... Is O-line a top need is my question. Or has Collins and Cooper solidified the Line?

The thing is that teams often have a different perception of their own needs than fans do. You have to keep upcoming free agents in mind, especially when you're a fairly cap-strapped team like Dallas, and we've got an awful lot of dudes with 1-2 years left on both the OL and the DL.

Team is committed to Collins for at least another year, Cooper remains to be seen as an impending FA (although he definitely wouldn't/won't cost as much as Leary). Overall, they're playing great, which gives us a huge edge over most teams who lack an effective OL. But, why not build on that edge? Same logic applies if we decide to draft a DE or a DT even though the pass rush is finally threatening.

Things change so quickly in the NFL, you can't just bring back the same guys and assume everything will be the same. Players peak and coaches adjust to your tendencies. Look no further than the Falcons' offense or the Giants' defense. Almost entirely the same personnel as last year, drastically different results this year.

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

The thing is that teams often have a different perception of their own needs than fans do. You have to keep upcoming free agents in mind, especially when you're a fairly cap-strapped team like Dallas, and we've got an awful lot of dudes with 1-2 years left on both the OL and the DL.

Team is committed to Collins for at least another year, Cooper remains to be seen as an impending FA (although he definitely wouldn't/won't cost as much as Leary). Overall, they're playing great, which gives us a huge edge over most teams who lack an effective OL. But, why not build on that edge? Same logic applies if we decide to draft a DE or a DT even though the pass rush is finally threatening.

Things change so quickly in the NFL, you can't just bring back the same guys and assume everything will be the same. Players peak and coaches adjust to your tendencies. Look no further than the Falcons' offense or the Giants' defense. Almost entirely the same personnel, drastically different results.

Can't argue with this.

I mean, if I had to rank it, I probably go DT, LB, OG, DE, TE, WR that order, but a lot can change in 6-8 months depending on how guys play in the second half + hopefully postseason. DL spots go down the moment we lock up Lawrence/Irving long-term, same with Hitchens at LB and Cooper at LG to a lesser extent.

It’s also possible I’m lower on our pass catchers and higher on our DBs than our FO is, remains to be seen. And we could potentially address all this in FA and take something that’s not really discussed in here (e.g. RB) *. I think we’re in a pretty good spot tbh

edit: like day 2

Archived