2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

If we actually go for DB it better be someone unbelievable falling to us. 

I didn't mean take him round 1. Just looking for insight on him if anyone has any. He was hyped top 15 and I don't even seem him in round 1 in most mock drafts.

13 hours ago, CAPJ said:

I didn't mean take him round 1. Just looking for insight on him if anyone has any. He was hyped top 15 and I don't even seem him in round 1 in most mock drafts.

Tarvarus McFadden was hyped because he's a tall, press man corner with ball skills. This year he's been exposed and most people think his 2016 season (where he notched 8 INTs) were a fluke. If you're looking for a DB from FSU, Derwin James is your guy. He's has the look of an incredible safety. 

In the draft, I hope we go this:

1st Round: Roquan Smith ILB 

2nd Round: Equanimous St. Brown WR - We get a speedster at WR on this offense. 

Arden Key is the name most associated with us this year.

In CBS' latest mock, Key goes the pick before us at 15 and we get:

16. Dallas Cowboys

Joshua Jackson, CB, IowaThe Cowboyspicked some cornerbacks in the 2017 draft, and while I liked both Jourdan Lewis andChidobe Awuzie, Jackson has more potential as a lockdown outside cornerback capable of covering different types of wide receivers. He currently has seven interceptions and 17 pass breakups. He's a stud.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-broncos-hit-the-reset-button-at-qb-with-mason-rudolph/

Would love the Jackson pick, even though there are bigger needs than CB. I do suspect Scan will not return though. 

Bruglar threw out a mock yesterday...

http://nfldraftscout.com/members/news/cfb_column.php?story_id=182730

16. Dallas Cowboys -- Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia 
The Cowboys are a very different team when Sean Lee is on the injury report, and Anthony Hitchens is a free-agent-to-be, putting linebacker high on Dallas' offseason wish list. Although a tick undersized, Smith is a magnet to the ball with the athleticism and instincts that translate well to the pro game. 

Given what we've seen from our LBs, I would tend to lean more this direction. Right now, Roquan is my favorite prospect for Dallas. 

5 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Arden Key is the name most associated with us this year.

In CBS' latest mock, Key goes the pick before us at 15 and we get:

16. Dallas Cowboys

Joshua Jackson, CB, IowaThe Cowboyspicked some cornerbacks in the 2017 draft, and while I liked both Jourdan Lewis andChidobe Awuzie, Jackson has more potential as a lockdown outside cornerback capable of covering different types of wide receivers. He currently has seven interceptions and 17 pass breakups. He's a stud.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-broncos-hit-the-reset-button-at-qb-with-mason-rudolph/

Im weary of both, even though both are good players. If we find a way to get both in the later round I would hop on them like a fat kid on a cupcake. 

5 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

We already have an Arden Key. His name is Randy Gregory...

Haven't had a chance to watch Jackson yet, but I've heard good things. Not sure I'd take a CB in the top half of the 1st round unless it's Minkah, but I guess I get the logic (ducks)

If Minkah fell to 17. I would seriously have to think about it. Same goes with Derwin. Unless Bradley Chubb is there I would be leaning more towards those two. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

If Minkah fell to 17. I would seriously have to think about it. Same goes with Derwin. Unless Bradley Chubb is there I would be leaning more towards those two. 

Absolutely, couldn't agree more. Derwin especially would provide that run support from the safety spot that we could really use. I'd like to see us move Byron back down to CB, which is what we originally drafted him to be, and find a SS opposite Xavier Woods (who I think can play the FS spot). Although that SS may be better served as a vet signing due to all the youth in the secondary.

On 11/23/2017 at 4:54 PM, resilient part 2 said:

wow, 2 4th and two 5ths ??? Even we can't f#ck that up, or can we o.O

We've been drafting well, that area I'm not worried about. Maybe we'll actually listen to our scouts on more picks as well assuming JG and crew aren't here.

You know who I want? I keep on saying this...

The single best player we can get

Idc if he plays DL, Lb, OL, wr, whatever. If hes a baller, pick him. No project prospects, no "we need one of these and he might be good in time" ... go get the single best football players you can. Period. If you arent sure where to play him,.too bad, pick him anyway. You can never have enough good football players on a football team. Figure out a way to put him out there after you pick him.

Archived