2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd prefer to bring back Incognito and Good as well, then target a RT like Radunz in round 2 or Jackson Carman in round 3. In that scenario we'd play Long at guard and would have solid depth as Long can slide out to RT if needed, Good can play LG/RG/RT, Simpson can play LG/RG, Parker can play LT/RT, and James can play LG/RG/C.

i actually disagree that Brandon Parker can play right tackle (in any meaningful way). he's typically held up ok at LT, but has always been awful at RT. i remember coming out of college that he basically exclusively played LT as well. he hasn't been able to pull off the swing at an NFL level imo

i'd go so far to say that Good is a better RT than Parker

Edited by Turnobili
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Turnobili said:

i actually disagree that Brandon Parker can play right tackle (in any meaningful way). he's typically held up ok at LT, but has always been awful at RT. i remember coming out of college that he basically exclusively played LT as well. he hasn't been able to pull off the swing at an NFL level imo

Been saying it since he was drafted.  He is a LT only.  I want him no where near RT.  Worst case scenario you move Miller to RT and Parker at LT.  

7 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

i'd go so far to say that Good is a better RT than Parker

Even then we'd still have options at RT with Good or Long having the ability to slide out there if needed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roi34 said:

prefer good for age and injury risk

yeah, if we had to choose 1, i'd probably say Good because of his versatility as well. he was one of our most important players last year because he could play all over. but incognito (assuming he's healthy, and by all accounts he is), should be a better starter in 2021 than Good.

4 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

yeah, if we had to choose 1, i'd probably say Good because of his versatility as well. he was one of our most important players last year because he could play all over. but incognito (assuming he's healthy, and by all accounts he is), should be a better starter in 2021 than Good.

yeah I mean dude held down RT

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Richie, Good then Long for me. Also, we haven’t officially released Gabe, any chance he restructures or takes a pay cut? 

Long has to be at the top for me. the year off probably did him a lot of good. he's still 32. and like good, he can pivot to RT