2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

With Awuzie signing in Cincy it appears WJ3 is gone. I was a massive fan of his coming out and hope we take a look. Here's what one Cincy fan thinks of WJ3:

8 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Inconsistent.  His rookie year was his best year, and he still flashes very good from time to time but then has games where he looks lost.  Most blame the Bengals D coordinator for not scheming to his players strengths.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

All these deals for TEs where teams are paying average TEs 12 million a season and the Raiders are paying Waller 8 million. Give it one more season before you gotta break Waller off with a new contract 

im good with that, hes more than earned it. 

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

All these deals for TEs where teams are paying average TEs 12 million a season and the Raiders are paying Waller 8 million. Give it one more season before you gotta break Waller off with a new contract 

Waller's about to be paid!  If he keeps up the production he had the last 5-6 games, he's going to enter the chat for best pass catching TE in the game.  He had the best 3 game receiving streak by a TE in NFL history from what I can remember.

51 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Funny how we're in major need of players along the D-line but the likes of Harris, Autry, Ward, etc all are having nice long careers after starting with the likes of us.

I really feel like they benefitted from playing next to really good DL though.  These are players that played next to Von Miller in Denver and Justin Houston/Buckner with the Colts.  Mario Edwards next to Khalil Mack and the Bears defense too.  They all benefited from playing on good DL/defenses.  I think if they came back here they'd still be trash.  Give me the guys they played next to, V. Miller, K. Mack, Justin Houston and Buckner.  Those are the monsters.

Edited by Jerry

50 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Funny how we're in major need of players along the D-line but the likes of Harris, Autry, Ward, etc all are having nice long careers after starting with the likes of us.

This is a perfect example of why scheme fit matter. You can draft talent that doesn't fit the scheme. Then they go somewhere else and get paid. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Yeah well imo only Autry was an established guy when we parted ways.

Harris was cut by the Jets and the cowboys, don't think we made such a bad decision at that time.

Same with Ward, we gave him a lot of opportunities, traded him and he got cut by 2 other teams after that.