Week 15 - Rams vs Jets

RamRod

4 minutes ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

This offensive line sucks right now... if this keeps up the Jets are going back to NY with their first win....

I get that sometimes teams don’t play great.. but why does one of the highest paid QBs in the league always have to be part of the problem. Like I don’t ever remember thinking “man these guys are letting Goff down” lol he always gets absorbed into the problems instead of putting a team on his back and sparking something. This isn’t me bashing Goff or saying this game is on him so far  but .. it sure would be nice to see for once. 

Edited by MDY10

1 minute ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

This offensive line sucks right now... if this keeps up the Jets are going back to NY with their first win....

Sucks not the word its getting manhandled. The Rams OL has never been elite like I would think of the Colts OL. Its been good and when its at its best its great. Well-coached and the scheme but as far as individual talent the only guy thats elite is Whitworth and he is on the sideline. Maybe the Rams might have to consider getting a difference maker on the OL so when they have to see a Williams or a Mack or a Cox things will be more cleaner for Goff. It made a big difference for the Colts after getting Luck killed they got Kelly and Nelson both whom are elite and even the immobile Rivers have been while protected. 

6 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Sucks not the word its getting manhandled. The Rams OL has never been elite like I would think of the Colts OL. Its been good and when its at its best its great. Well-coached and the scheme but as far as individual talent the only guy thats elite is Whitworth and he is on the sideline. Maybe the Rams might have to consider getting a difference maker on the OL so when they have to see a Williams or a Mack or a Cox things will be more cleaner for Goff. It made a big difference for the Colts after getting Luck killed they got Kelly and Nelson both whom are elite and even the immobile Rivers have been while protected. 

Yes It's always someone fault except Goff. 

8 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

I get that sometimes teams don’t play great.. but why does one of the highest paid QBs in the league always have to be part of the problem. Like I don’t ever remember thinking “man these guys are letting Goff down” lol he always gets absorbed into the problems instead of putting a team on his back and sparking something. This isn’t me bashing Goff or saying this game is on him so far  but .. it sure would be nice to see for once. 

I want to know too why its all on Goff all the time. Would you say today has been on him? I would say nope. The OL isnt blocking well on the run and the pass. The best run the Rams had was called back because Noteboom held. The receivers just dropped back to back passes on this drive alone. So if anyone thinks this game right here is on Goff then I dont know what to say at this point. Dude cant throw the ball as soon as it is hiked with pressure in his face. And even the hikes have been bad smh. He would have to be Lamar, Murray, or Wilson to run around to get away from all this quick pressure he is getting. Im blaming this game strictly on the OL. 

2 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Its not Goff fault. Are we watching the game? The OL isnt blocking well. Goff isnt Lamar or Murray where he can run around, escape and take off. The Jets are doing to us what we did to Alex Smith and Washington and we sacked him 6x and they didnt pick up a 1st down the entire 2nd half. Nobody blamed Smith they blamed how awful the OL was that made the Rams defense look like the 85 Bears that game. 

18 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Goff has regressed so ******* much it’s maddening. Where is the kid who can sling it? 

Dudes playing scared as shihtttt. Holy smokes. Bro. What the actual hell. 

Sean McVay and Kyle Shannahan are great coaches the fact that they can win games and have gone to superbowls with Jared Goff and Jimmy G is very very impressive. I just imagine what these two guys could do with a Herbert/Kyler/etc

5 minutes ago, Flounch said:

I got a question for you then. What can Goff do when he takes two steps back and pressure is in his face? I wish he can teleport away from the pressure. Either that or gain Lamar type speed each game. Like you cant even blame it on pocket awareness because there is no pocket to be aware of lol. At this point you are just bashing Goff just to bash Goff. 

5 minutes ago, JohnCena said:

Sean McVay and Kyle Shannahan are great coaches the fact that they can win games and have gone to superbowls with Jared Goff and Jimmy G is very very impressive. I just imagine what these two guys could do with a Herbert/Kyler/etc

I wouldnt put Goff and Jimmy G in the same sentence. Jimmy G went to the Superbowl because he was at home playing against a Packers team that cant stop the run if Roger Craig came out of retirement and put on a Niners jersey again to play one game. He is 60 years old. Goff on the other hand went on the road in New Orleans that dome was so loud the building was literally falling apart. Down 0-13 with no run game Goff had to lead the team back to win and he did. So this narrative that the Rams could do alot better with Herbert, Kyler, or you name the QBs it has to stop. Goff isnt perfect but all he does is win. If he was so terrible he would blown leads and chocked in alot of games even when the Rams had the running game going and the defense cooking. Goff is a good QB. When his OL does a solid job he can be great. When the OL is playing great Goff can be elite. Right now the OL is playing piss poor. Can you fight with two hands tied behind your back? Goff is in that position. No running game and the OL is getting manhandled by the Jets DL. 

17 minutes ago, JohnCena said:

@jrry32 yeah you were right I was wrong Jared Goff can win you a super bowl on his own. :))) You were in fact right I was wrong, even without a run game Jared Goff can win you games with ease I mean look at what he's doing against the 0-13 Jets without the run game to lean on. LMAOOOOOO

The playoffs will answer the question. You'll have plenty of time to watch. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Ok so my take in the 1st half is the defense gave up a td in the first series. Surprisingly the Jets have scored in 8 straight games on the first possession. I guess Gase can at least say at the very worse his offensive genius background can do that. After that the defense has done everything well except for getting a takeaway which they need. Special teams its rare Hekker gets blocked. 

On offense thats the biggest issue. The Rams cant get away from the run. I know the Jets are really good against the run and really bad against the pass. They are really bad against the pass but today their DL is dominating the Rams OL so Goff doesnt even have time to pick that defense apart. I want to see the Rams try to run and then playaction from it. The Rams I think will still win this game its just a fight that we didnt expect. Lets go Rams.