Would you want John Dorsey as your teams GM?

candyman93

Would you want John Dorsey as your teams GM?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want John Dorsey as your teams GM?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but in a different position than GM

He’s also responsible for Cleveland getting Jarvis Landry and Wyatt Teller. Also, depending on what you think about these guys, he landed us Baker Mayfield and Denzel Ward. He also did some terrible thing like hiring Freddie Kitchens and he let his ego dictate playing time for certain guys.

Need Packers fans to tell me if this is accurate.

So my question is more directly for teams that are looking for a GM. Would you want your team to hire him?

Edited by candyman93

Only way I’d consider it is if my team has a strong owner and a veteran HC... and is one of the least talented teams in the league, while having shown little ability to target talent for years.

I don’t know if any teams qualify however. Maybe the Jags? But I’d probably want the coach hired first, that way the message is clear that Pioli isn’t “the” guy and that any ego will be little tolerated.

But all in all my answer would be no.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Only way I’d consider it is if my team has a strong owner and a veteran HC... and is one of the least talented teams in the league, while having shown little ability to target talent for years.

I don’t know if any teams qualify however. Maybe the Jags? But I’d probably want the coach hired first, that way the message is clear that Pioli isn’t “the” guy and that any ego will be little tolerated.

But all in all my answer would be no.

You’re spot on.

What got him fired was choosing Freddie Kitchens over Kevin Stefanski (whom Paul Depodesta wanted since 2018).

You need to be completely devoid of talent to justify hiring him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yes. No questions asked.

I could be wrong, but I do not believe he is good fit for the texans. He is  a spender, and you guys dont have much to spend, especially in the draft. 

He will want control over the organization, I thi k he will want one of his guys at head coach, who will be a beta personality. 

If you di take him of bring him in one two hear deal. Let him find talent for the roster. 

• Like 1

He has a great eye for talent but has a massive ego and is not very good with the money aspect of things. As strictly a "gatherer of talent" is where he does his best work imo.

For the record: Dorsey did in fact draft Mahomes but Patty was Veach's baby 100% and got the rest of everyone onboard.

There were the grumblings of Dorsey wanting Berry to sign a life insurance agreement with the Chiefs being named beneficiary. Pretty ice cold. I know I, for one, didn't wanna believe it and it's not 100% confirmed but looking back on it, it was a very Dorsey-type thing to do. Word was Clark Hunt had to step in. Dorsey has got that mad genius thing where I don't think he's very personable.

I was bummed when he was ousted mostly because it felt like we were taking a step back in continuity but Veach has done some great things obviously.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I could be wrong, but I do not believe he is good fit for the texans. He is  a spender, and you guys dont have much to spend, especially in the draft. 

I think this is a bit misunderstood - the Texans lack premium picks, but they still have eight picks this upcoming draft, along with another eight picks (including premium picks) in 2022.

As far as cap - there are about 5-6 moves that'll get the Texans in excess of $30mm in cap space. This'll include moving/trading JJ Watt - not what we want to do, but it's required.