Week 15 Sunday Gameday Thread

Sad People

3 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

“You play to win the game” is some dumb masculine bull****. If Trevor turns out to be the second coming and the Jets miss out on him, this is going to be looked back on as the worst moment of Gase’s career. Just admit that intelligence over rah-rah nonsense is better.

Why does gase care if he's not going to be there after this year though? I don't think it reflects poorly on gase, tbh because he honestly has no skin in it either way, so he's just trying to win

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

“You play to win the game” is some dumb masculine bull****. If Trevor turns out to be the second coming and the Jets miss out on him, this is going to be looked back on as the worst moment of Gase’s career. Just admit that intelligence over rah-rah nonsense is better.

if he will get fired, maybe he really wants to spoil the party. The defence was better vs the rams when it needed to be as opposed to the pats game when the safety backed out of the zone to allow the  completion. 9_9

5 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

Gase is gone after this year why would he try to lose? 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Why does gase care if he's not going to be there after this year though? I don't think it reflects poorly on gase, tbh because he honestly has no skin in it either way, so he's just trying to win

It’s so, so much worse to realize he wasn’t actively trying to lose. I have to think if the Jets’ ownership was worth a quarter of a damn, there’d be something extra in it for him if he did not screw their chances at a positive future. Screw Gase, this “win” is on the owners. The franchise got even further doomed today. Someone is accountable. 

5 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I think they’re more worried about their employment and continuing their source of income. 

Yes, and that’s problematic. Someone permanent needs to remove that from the equation. Remember Chicago trading Greg  Olsen for nothing because he “didn’t fit Mike Martz’s system” and then Martz didn’t even make it through the following season?  That’s amazingly stupid and if an owner allows something like that to happen, then it’s one hundred percent on them. 

If I own the Jets, and I’m in this situation, I go to Gase and I say “Adam, you’re the worst and I’m going to fire you. But if you get me Lawrence, you have a job as a consultant to one of my businesses. Six figures.”

Edited by EvilenFroggen