Week 15 Sunday Gameday Thread

Sad People

Just now, EvilenFroggen said:

Yes, and that’s problematic. Someone permanent needs to remove that from the equation. Remember Chicago trading Greg  Olsen for morning because he “didn’t fit Mike Martz’s system” and then Martz didn’t even make it through the following season?  That’s amazingly stupid and if an owner allows something like that to happen, then it’s one hundred percent on them. 

If I own the Jets, and I’m in this situation, I go to Gase and I say “Adam, you’re the worst and I’m going to fire you. But if you get me Lawrence, you have a job as a consultant to one of my businesses. Six figures.”

Bad teams find ways to stay bad 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

It’s so, so much worse to realize he wasn’t actively trying to lose. I have to think if the Jets’ ownership was worth a quarter of a damn, there’d be something extra in it for him if he did not screw their chances at a positive future. Screw Gase, this “win” is on the owners. The franchise got even further doomed today. Someone is accountable. 

Don't disagree with that. I just don't think it's on gase. I do think it's on someone higher up though.  This is like the super extreme version on the Myles Garrett anti tank by the browns and niners and 100x worse lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Don't disagree with that. I just don't think it's on gase. I do think it's on someone higher up though.  This is like the super extreme version on the Myles Garrett anti tank by the browns and niners and 100x worse lol

It’s like I was saying to Jax, an owner needs to make things happen. Even if the NFL has rules around extra payements, do it anyway. Absolutely fire a coach who doesn’t win, but then hire him as a “consultant” for one of your other businesses for doing your bidding. There are so many clandestine ways to make these things happen. 

4 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

i didn't get to watch the game bc i'm at work but i saw here that brees started out noodling everything, how did the saints come back to get it so close?

Because Reid actually tried running the ball and their RB probably tore the ACL. Wonder if Damien Williams can come back from opt-out.

1 hour ago, EvilenFroggen said:

If I own the Jets, and I’m in this situation, I go to Gase and I say “Adam, you’re the worst and I’m going to fire you. But if you get me Lawrence, you have a job as a consultant to one of my businesses. Six figures.”

At this point, Gase is conceding he'll never be a HC at any level again. Both Rod Marinelli and Hue Jackson are pretty much unemployable outside of a position coach (if that).

I don't think the six figures being offered in the scenario above is worth torpedoing your coaching career. I mean, he's making $2mm right now - you're now suggesting he take a huge pay cut to 

18 minutes ago, ET80 said:

At this point, Gase is conceding he'll never be a HC at any level again. Both Rod Marinelli and Hue Jackson are pretty much unemployable outside of a position coach (if that).

I don't think the six figures being offered in the scenario above is worth torpedoing your coaching career. I mean, he's making $2mm right now - you're now suggesting he take a huge pay cut to 

He already won’t be. Ever. If I’m the owner and offer him a nice golden parachute, he’ll take it. 

4 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

He already won’t be. Ever. If I’m the owner and offer him a nice golden parachute, he’ll take it. 

He's still a young guy with HC experience - a college team will take that on in a heartbeat, warts and all.

• Like 1