Defense Discussion [2017]

CentralFC

1 minute ago, pollino14 said:

Jagodzinski! He's been gone for awhile! Still at BC?

What is your take on our coordinators not getting any other positions?

Nope.  Apparently he's coaching OL at Notre Dame HS in Tennessee these days.

Without having any of the facts in front of me, I'd say it's a combination of a number of things.  Yes, I do think our defensive issues have been a hurdling block to getting some of our coaches promoted.  But I also believe the Packers have blocked interviews on a number of our coaches and FO personnel in recent years.  Not to mention, the majority of teams look for coaches that have coordinator experience, which when the Giants hired McAdoo as their HC I know I was a bit surprised they opted for a QB coach turned HC.

44 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Pretty sure Perry has. Did one of them start turning down interviews or did I make that up in my head? 

Honestly, I couldn't tell you without doing some research.  I do recall there being some blocked interviews.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Nope.  Apparently he's coaching OL at Notre Dame HS in Tennessee these days.

Without having any of the facts in front of me, I'd say it's a combination of a number of things.  Yes, I do think our defensive issues have been a hurdling block to getting some of our coaches promoted.  But I also believe the Packers have blocked interviews on a number of our coaches and FO personnel in recent years.  Not to mention, the majority of teams look for coaches that have coordinator experience, which when the Giants hired McAdoo as their HC I know I was a bit surprised they opted for a QB coach turned HC.

McAdoo was the Giants OC for a few years before getting the HC position.

Did not get a chance to see the game so I don't know if the Saints O had a bunch of injuries, but I see the Bears somehow held that mighty offense to 20 points and fewer than 400 yards today.

On the road in the Superdome.

Is Fangio signed through next season?

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You both are trolling.  I asked you both to stop, and that's the end of it.

Can you point me to exactly where I might have been trolling so I could avoid it in the future? At no point did I say anything hostile. PM if you wish.

P

Archived