Winston and Mariota vs Goff and Wentz

patriotsheatyan

Winston and Mariota vs Goff and Wentz, which duo with have better careers?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Winston and Mariota vs Goff and Wentz, which duo with have better careers?

• Winston and Mariota
    • Goff and Wentz

6 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

Yea...  I agree they all still need more time.   Mariota looks great but the injuries are a bit of a concern and could see it hurting him in the long run.  Although he had a decent game against the Colts he looked lost in the beginning of the game and it seemed it was because he was holding back because of the injury IMO.

As for Winston he had a pretty good game against the Bills who are supposed to be one of the top pass defenses.  He put up 384 yards and 3 td/1 int.    He probably could have had two more INT's if it wasn't for the receivers bailing him out and playing defense to knock it away lol.

Wentz this season looks the best out of the bunch but time will tell if he keeps it going throughout.

I'm still not understanding why Wentz is even considered to be better than Dak

It’s about results and both Wentz and Goff looking like they are both gonna lead their teams to the playoffs in year 2. Mariota and Winston has been in the league longer than Wentz and Goff and hasn’t yet to lead their teams to the playoffs. That could change this season but so far Wentz and Goff helping their team look better position for the playoffs this season than Mariota and Winston.

3 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

It’s about results and both Wentz and Goff looking like they are both gonna lead their teams to the playoffs in year 2. Mariota and Winston has been in the league longer than Wentz and Goff and hasn’t yet to lead their teams to the playoffs. That could change this season but so far Wentz and Goff helping their team look better position for the playoffs this season than Mariota and Winston.

Winston plays in the best QB division in football...

3 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

This is not a great argument.  The sequence to end the Bucs-Bills game this last weekend is a perfect example of why.  With the score tied with 9:30 left in the game, Winston had a series with no incompletions to lead to the team scoring the go-ahead TD with 3:13 left on the clock.  The Bills proceeded to go 75 yards in three plays to tie the game back up.  Ok, so there's 2:28 left in the game, still time for another score before the end of the game.  Following a touchback, the first play of that series is an 8-yard completion, the wideout fumbles, game over.

In short, as important as a quarterback is, there are entirely too many factors that go into a team's success to use the playoffs as a metric for a single player's success.

1 hour ago, JudeMorrigan said:

This is not a great argument.  The sequence to end the Bucs-Bills game this last weekend is a perfect example of why.  With the score tied with 9:30 left in the game, Winston had a series with no incompletions to lead to the team scoring the go-ahead TD with 3:13 left on the clock.  The Bills proceeded to go 75 yards in three plays to tie the game back up.  Ok, so there's 2:28 left in the game, still time for another score before the end of the game.  Following a touchback, the first play of that series is an 8-yard completion, the wideout fumbles, game over.

In short, as important as a quarterback is, there are entirely too many factors that go into a team's success to use the playoffs as a metric for a single player's success.

That 1 game you cited doesn't dispel the fact that Jameis absolutely has been a disappointment this season. The Bucs defense has been terrible of course but this was supposed to be the year that the offense FINALLY vaults itself into one of the better ones in the league. 

But that leap people keep expecting hasn't happened. And I simply don't think it will, because I don't think Jameis is ever going to be much better than he is already. 

WHY hasn't he shown any significant improvement from his FSU days? He still looks like the same QB he was 4 years ago! That is not a good sign. 

To be clear, I'm definitely not suggesting that there's nothing to criticize Winston about this season.  There absolutely is.  (Although he hasn't been nearly as terrible as some of the posters here would seem to be making him out to be.)

I'm just saying things like "far too frequently questionable decision making" are *vastly* more important than "looks like he's not going to lead his team to the playoffs".

1 minute ago, JudeMorrigan said:

To be clear, I'm definitely not suggesting that there's nothing to criticize Winston about this season.  There absolutely is.  I'm just saying things like "far too frequently questionable decision making" are *vastly* more important than "looks like he's not going to lead his team to the playoffs".

Jamies is having his best year to date.. 

9 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Jamies is having his best year to date.. 

He is, and as a Bucs' fan I'm perfectly happy with his progress.  But I'm not going to pretend he's a finished product.  His decision making really can be maddening.  I think a lot of that is a tendency to try and play hero ball and a general lack of trust in some of his offensive line.  (See: Smith, Donovan)  Although some of it is probably always going to be part of his game.  The Favre comparisons obviously aren't perfect (even in a perfect, ideal world for him), but there's a reason they're sometime bandied about.

And the slow starts that go back to college are just maddening.  And it's not that he's generally racking up stats in garbage time late in the game.

56 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Dak = Russell Wilson.  He had an impressive rookie season, but he also had the perfect storm to lean (best OL, best RB, top 5 WR, etc.).  Lets see how he does when he doesn't have Zeke for 6 games.

Carson has control of the entire playbook, even installing his own plays.  You saw an insane TD to Clement on it with a couple guys hanging off of him with a rope to the corner endzone.

Carson has everything you could want in a QB and more, and he's only getting better.  Eagles - Cowboys will be fun again for the foreseeable future and that makes me happy.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

You know what's funny. It seems like anyone who's not an Eagles fan loves to hate Wentz and refuses to give him any credit. Aside from @Matts4313 that is.

Because we've seen this with Nick Foles and Kolb.. That cement truck! Plus i just hate Philly and every other team in the NFL.

Belieee dat! With that said your team is spooky this season.. And every game the Rams have played this season I've been scared poopless.

Archived