Winston and Mariota vs Goff and Wentz

patriotsheatyan

Winston and Mariota vs Goff and Wentz, which duo with have better careers?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Winston and Mariota vs Goff and Wentz, which duo with have better careers?

• Winston and Mariota
    • Goff and Wentz

Wentz has been amazing this season and Goff has been pretty good himself. Having said that, saying Mariota has never had a stretch as good as Wentz/Goff current stretch is dumb, considering he did last year.

He had a 8 game stretch with 21 TDs/3 INT/67% comp./259 YPG.

Regarding the question, I'd go with Wentz/Goff just off their current play. But I'm with @TitanLegend regarding these young QBs. Let these guys play their careers out. We see this story all the time.

Bortles and Carr were the next great thing, then it was Winston/Mariota, now Goff/Wentz. Then those guys will have young QB struggles next year and everyone will move on to next bright young group of QBs, and so on and so on....

7 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Ooooookay Jrry32...whatever you so say.  Whatever makes you feel better my friend.  

The 6-2 record, #1 offense, and studly 23 year old QB have me feeling damn amazing. Just own your mistake. The crow doesn't taste that bad.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The 6-2 record, #1 offense, and studly 23 year old QB have me feeling damn amazing. Just own your mistake. The crow doesn't taste that bad.

Can't believe you forgot the number 1 point differential. Up your game, Jezza. ;) 

Here's a stat for all 5* QB's from the 2 draft classes

Aggressiveness %, % of throws thrown to receivers with a defender within 1 yard, tight coverage. Minimum 200 attempts on the season.

Carson Wentz 24.1% (1st)
Jameis Winston 21.2% (5th)
Dak Prescott 18.1% (13th)
Marcus Mariota 17.6% (15th)
Jared Goff 11.5% (30th)

So Jared's receivers are always wide open?

14 hours ago, jrry32 said:

How can having an opinion be a mistake?  I don't need to own up to anything.  You are biased, and i get that.  But, if you want to compare peaches to oranges, then the Eagles have an 8-1 record and are riding a 7 game winning streak.  From an eye test, and this is just my opinion, Wentz is Michael Jordan and Goff is Clyde Drexler.  

13 hours ago, Danger said:

Aggressiveness %, % of throws thrown to receivers with a defender within 1 yard, tight coverage. Minimum 200 attempts on the season.

Carson Wentz 24.1% (1st)
Jared Goff 11.5% (30th)

Or he doesn't throw into double or triple coverage....either way

13 hours ago, Danger said:

Carson Wentz 24.1% (1st)
Jared Goff 11.5% (30th)

Or he just makes better decisions? This could be a factor or him progressing through his reads better or audibling at the line once he reads the coverage. It could also be that Mcvay is drawing up better plays to help his QB out. Unless you watch every snap and focus on that, you can't say one way or the other, so it's safe to say it's probably somewhere in the middle. Goff has been very good at diagnosing the play at the line of scrimmage this year so I don't think it's farfetched to say that helps that percentage.

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

@El ramster From the ones that are working from me, there's a couple where rams are not behind and one that was broken up. Last one is a good example, but I can't see score. 

Same. I never get the chance to actually see a Rams game on TV. Goff is a player I'd like to actually watch and get a feel for where I genuinely stand with him, live, with my own eyes.

Winston hasn't shown me much improvement from year 1 to year 3. Not bad, but not seeing him get much better. Maybe he was one of those "pro-ready early" guys who maxed out? Bad coaching?

Mariota has been really really good as well, but his injury bug is concerning. Not the greatest coaching, but the Titans were hot garbage when he came, so considering....

Wentz stepped into the best situation of the 4 imo. He's been as good as advertised, if not a little better. I was skeptical because of the small school label, but he's proven to be the real deal. 

Goff was absolutely terrible last year, but so was the team around him and Jeff Fisher can't coach. With improved coaching and weapons, he has shown tremendous progress- something I haven't seen out of Winston, Mariota, or Wentz, at least to the same degree. There are a lot of factors that can go into this for sure, and any of the other 3 could wind up progressing more, or they could hit a ceiling and just stay above average-really good. For now though, I can't deny that Goff has shown the ability to get much better on the field. Really impressed by him this year. 

As such, I have Goff/Wentz as the better duo, but it's a close call. Unlike other classes, we aren't talking about 1 success and 1 failure (Manning/Leaf, etc.). 

Archived