What Song Are You Listening To?

D82

7 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

Can someone help me understand the message behind This Is America? Loved the song and the video. Those dance moves are 100/100

i dont think it's that deep. happy/cheery harmonious music. people are happy. someone dies outta the blue. "dont catch you slippin up." talking bout police and guns are everywhere. you make a little mistake as a black man and can easily wind up dead. abrupt change in music to show that. then right back to harmonious music as the news is swept under the rug. repeat. mass shooting quickly forgotten. ignorance is bliss. pretty straight forward from the video/lyrics i think... not really my flavor of music, but the video was ******* great. saw it got 10m view in 10 hours and was thinking gambino must still be on that "awaken my love" sound. surprised me hearing the track. 

Edited by jfinley88

6 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

i dont think it's that deep. happy/cheery harmonious music. people are happy. someone dies outta the blue. "dont catch you slippin up." talking bout police and guns are everywhere. you make a little mistake as a black man and can easily wind up dead. abrupt change in music to show that. then right back to harmonious music as the news is swept under the rug. repeat. mass shooting quickly forgotten. ignorance is bliss. pretty straight forward from the video/lyrics i think... not really my flavor of music, but the video was ******* great. saw it got 10m view in 10 hours and was thinking gambino must still be on that "awaken my love" sound. surprised me hearing the track. 

Alright yeah this is what I was thinking as well, I just wasn't positive and thought there might be something deeper than that. Especially with the choir with how careless he guns them down and then carefully places the gun on the towel. The video is well done, but yeah the song itself is just okay.