Week 16 GDT

Blackstar12

6 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

You defend your guy against the lunatic fringe who hate him no matter what he does instead of dealing with the fact that he followed up an MVP season with a middle of the pack QB season.

Not that I'm following why we doing the Lamar thing again, but "Above average of the pack". Come at me. 

I could definitely make a very time consuming case for him being at the bottom of top 10 this year, but that's probably at least a post-week 17 topic.

Edited by wackywabbit

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

This logic flaw is called the Straw Man

You defend your guy against the lunatic fringe who hate him no matter what he does instead of dealing with the fact that he followed up an MVP season with a middle of the pack QB season.

Could you perhaps name anyone actively involved in a Lamar Jackson discussion on these boards today who take the stance above that you are attacking?

If you can't then move along.

Y'all haters keep moving the goalposts. First he couldn't throw. Oh now he lead the league in td passes last year "Oh he's actually only average, Y U MAD".

Guy's an elite talent - let's see these other guys sustain a season+ of balling out before we cancel my boy Lamar. 

Just now, wackywabbit said:

Not that I'm following why we doing the Lamar thing again, but "Above average of the pack". Come at me. 

So you'd rate Lamar Jackson 2020 as a top 10 QB?

If he's in that 11-18 range in a 32 team league then he is middle of the pack.

He's still got a rocket arm and can run like the wind and was MVP last year so I'm not saying he has to be 14th next year, just that he's in that range this year.

Just now, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Y'all haters keep moving the goalposts. First he couldn't throw. Oh now he lead the league in td passes last year "Oh he's actually only average, Y U MAD".

Guy's an elite talent - let's see these other guys sustain a season+ of balling out before we cancel my boy Lamar. 

Its the NFL, there are 20-25 QBs who are elite talents.

What has he done on the field in 2020 to compare him?

Carson Wentz is an elite talent and was on the way to MVP in 2017.

He's also a bottom 5 QB this year. Wentz moved the goalposts, not me.