AFC Re-Alignment

DigInBoys

Your proposal isn't bad at all. It will never happen because of Ravens/Steelers and Jets/Dolphins. There are so many NY fans that go to that division rivalry in Florida, lots of retired Jets fans in Florida. I don't think they'd make up the revenue from Jags/Dolphins.

12 hours ago, DigInBoys said:

AFC South:

Houston

Tennessee 

Miami

Jacksonville

This makes perfect sense and I would love a Florida rivalry. I'd be okay with the Dolphins bowing out of the AFCE with an overall winning record against the Pats and Bills.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

I mean if we're looking at glaring geographical fallacies, then look at the Cowboys in the NFC "East"

If we wanted to a 1/1 swap, The Panthers to the East, and the Cowboys to the south make so much sense.

13 hours ago, DigInBoys said:

There's several teams that appear very out of place geographically speaking.

I think these teams need to be moved: Miami, Indianapolis, and Baltimore.

It should be:

AFC East:

Buffalo

New England

Baltimore

NY Jets

AFC North:

Pittsburgh

Cleveland

Cincinnatti

Indianapolis

AFC South:

Houston

Tennessee 

Miami

Jacksonville

AFC West:

No Changes

I wholeheartedly agree here. And move the Chargers to Mexico City.

I mean geographically it makes sense but I mean it's been like this for so long it won't change.  Too many rivalry games between Jets/MIA and BAL/PIT to change now.  Everything is done by private jets now a days and NE to MIA is like 2.5 hours or something so it's not too bad of a flight.  It's not cross country flight or anything so I doubt anything changes.

So we're moving Andrew Luck out of the AFC South? Yes, this is a good idea and the AFC should immediately realign based on division. 

Though I do think we'd be better off also swapping out the Texans with the Browns for the natural Browns-Titans and Cleveland-Jacksonville rivalries.

If I were to do overall re-alignment, it'd be something like this:

AFC

East - Baltimore, New England, NJ Jets, Buffalo

North - Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Cleveland

South - Houston, Miami, Jacksonville, Tennessee

West - Kansas City, Denver, LA Chargers, Oakland

NFC

East - Carolina, Washington, Philadelphia, NJ Giants

North - Green Bay, Detroit, Chicago, Minnesota

South - Dallas, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, New Orleans

West - Arizona, Seattle, LA Rams, San Fran

One reason I like this idea is because it pairs two big markets in Miami and Houston in the AFC South.

I feel like there's too much coverage of the Northeastern teams because they are in big markets, and this would help spread it a little better.

4 hours ago, scar988 said:

I wholeheartedly agree here. And move the Chargers to Mexico City.

I'm actually thinking - San Antonio was getting really excited over the thought of the Raiders in San Antonio. They'd probably get equally geeked over the Chargers, too. 

They're a passionate fanbase - they live and die for the Spurs, and they're really rallying behind their college programs such as UTSA. TV market is small, but no smaller than San Diego. Could still call them a "West" team, hypothetically. Would create a fun dynamic with the Cowboys and Texans. The Alamodome would be an ideal venue, better than StubHubTub.

Thoughts?

Archived