Brian Daboll is the real deal. Should be a HC Next year. Jags or Bolts best fits

brushmyhair

22 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

These are your words @VanS

After someone posted an article with quotes from Jordan Palmer stating Daboll’s influence with Josh Allen and denouncing his own, while a humble move it was also unprovoked, you refused to address it and typed as many words as possible so you could dance around the subject. So yes, when I ACT like you are denying it, it is because you flat out are.

dudley boyz table GIF

24 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

It’s literally the same thing over and over again, contradiction after contradiction, far too long winded responses that mean very little and obliviously ignoring posts that don’t support your narrative. You’ve derailed this thread enough, after all it’s supposed to be about Daboll and his next stop as a HC. Enough congratulating yourself in between contradictions and tripping over yourself please. 

jeff hardy wrestling GIF by WWE

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VanS said:

I've said MULTIPLE TIMES that if he never becomes a star in the NFL I will admit to being wrong.  I just think 25-26 years old is a lil too young to completely write a QB off.  Kurt Warner and Warren Moon didn't start a game until both were 27-28 years old and yet both made it to the Hall of Fame.  All I've said is he still has time.  Once that time ends you won't hear a single excuse from me. 

Weren’t you the one to have said you saw a guy play one game and have written him off. Have you not already written Burrow off? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

These are your words @VanS

After someone posted an article with quotes from Jordan Palmer stating Daboll’s influence with Josh Allen and denouncing his own, while a humble move it was also unprovoked, you refused to address it and typed as many words as possible so you could dance around the subject. So yes, when I ACT like you are denying it, it is because you flat out are.

So let me get this straight.  Because I made a post reassuring Bills fans they weren't losing anything special if Brian Daboll were to leave the team this off-season, that means I'm denying Josh Allen worked to improve his game?  Please tell me how that makes any sense?

My argument regarding Josh Allen has literally been unchanged from this summer.  I have been consistent (unlike most).  I believe the numbers did not capture how good he truly was his first two seasons because of a lack of talent around him.  I predicted in the summer that once he did get more adequate talent around him we would see a remarkable jump in production as the stats begin to match his talent level.  Now you are free to believe Jordan Palmer took a guy from being a below average inaccurate passer to a leading MVP candidate in one off-season if you like.  I don't think that is what happened.  I think Josh made the same incremental improvements in his game that he has done each off-season.  What happened this off-season that led to the monumental leap in production was an increase in the talent around him.  

I keep dismissing Daboll's contribution to Josh's ascent because I believe Josh was always this talented.  Its the rest of ya'll who are surprised by his leap to superstardom this year and are looking for outside explanations rather than simply admitting he's this good. 

7 hours ago, Counselor said:

Weren’t you the one to have said you saw a guy play one game and have written him off. Have you not already written Burrow off? 

Yeah.  But I'm not talking about myself there.  I'm talking to ya'll who think I should give up on Dobbs already.  I cited his age to let ya'll know he still has time to make it big in this league.  I'm still sold on him becoming a star personally.  I loved what I saw from him the last time he had extensive action (2019 Preseason).  I'm simply waiting for the circumstances to line up in his favor. 

7 hours ago, Counselor said:

“You can't blame the Bengals organization if Burrow ends up stinking.  We have seen them build a contender around a QB most thought little of just a few years ago.”

But if it was Josh Allen it would be the Bills fault lol

Nope.  I said all summer that a great player like Josh Allen will eventually find a way.  We can make excuses for a player's circumstances IN THE SHORT TERM (i.e. 2-3 seasons).  However, over an entire career (i.e. 10-15 seasons) things tend to even out.  This is why I was so confident a season like this was coming for Josh.  I knew he had elite talent.  I was simply waiting for the talent around him to rise to a level where the full extent of his abilities would be allowed to shine.  Getting Diggs and drafting Gabriel Davis allowed that to happen. 

51 minutes ago, VanS said:

Yeah.  But I'm not talking about myself there.  I'm talking to ya'll who think I should give up on Dobbs already.  I cited his age to let ya'll know he still has time to make it big in this league.  I'm still sold on him becoming a star personally.  I loved what I saw from him the last time he had extensive action (2019 Preseason).  I'm simply waiting for the circumstances to line up in his favor. 

You think it’s too young to write off Dobbs but not Burrow? 

11 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

I fully agree with this, and I don’t think it’s the method that people have a problem with. It’s literally everything else that precedes it and follows it. 

That there is the entertainment part and what always gets me to check out VanS post. This thread would have been over in a few pages without his input.

2 hours ago, VanS said:

So let me get this straight.  Because I made a post reassuring Bills fans they weren't losing anything special if Brian Daboll were to leave the team this off-season, that means I'm denying Josh Allen worked to improve his game?  Please tell me how that makes any sense?

My argument regarding Josh Allen has literally been unchanged from this summer.  I have been consistent (unlike most).  I believe the numbers did not capture how good he truly was his first two seasons because of a lack of talent around him.  I predicted in the summer that once he did get more adequate talent around him we would see a remarkable jump in production as the stats begin to match his talent level.  Now you are free to believe Jordan Palmer took a guy from being a below average inaccurate passer to a leading MVP candidate in one off-season if you like.  I don't think that is what happened.  I think Josh made the same incremental improvements in his game that he has done each off-season.  What happened this off-season that led to the monumental leap in production was an increase in the talent around him.  

I keep dismissing Daboll's contribution to Josh's ascent because I believe Josh was always this talented.  Its the rest of ya'll who are surprised by his leap to superstardom this year and are looking for outside explanations rather than simply admitting he's this good. 

Your post had little goal other than for you to pat yourself on the back about Josh Allen, yet again, and to post another one of your contrarian views that seeks attention and has little factual basis to it. If Brian Daboll were to leave would indicate little or nothing to the work Josh Allen put in, not even sure where that statement comes from as I think Josh Allen has put in a lot of work and his play this year makes that fairly obvious. I’m not speaking of mechanics, strength and conditioning type of work either but rather about the shoulder pads type of work. The fact that Jordan Palmer and Josh Allen continue to comment, remember now @VanS, they might not be able to look into their own eyes and see what you can, but they are well....themselves and all, and state the importance and influence of Daboll and you ignore their comments is the part that makes little sense. Probably because it doesn’t fall in line with your attention seeking contrarian narrative. You speak of yourself as consistent in regards to your posts as opposed to most, with reference to being better than others yet again, but literally can’t remember the reasonings and excuses you used from a couple pages ago contradicting yourself over and over again. 

As pointed out though I’m just feeding into the black hole that is a conversation with yourself and have enabled it long enough. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Your post had little goal other than for you to pat yourself on the back about Josh Allen, yet again, and to post another one of your contrarian views that seeks attention and has little factual basis to it. If Brian Daboll were to leave would indicate little or nothing to the work Josh Allen put in, not even sure where that statement comes from as I think Josh Allen has put in a lot of work and his play this year makes that fairly obvious. I’m not speaking of mechanics, strength and conditioning type of work either but rather about the shoulder pads type of work. The fact that Jordan Palmer and Josh Allen continue to comment, remember now @VanS, they might not be able to look into their own eyes and see what you can, but they are well....themselves and all, and state the importance and influence of Daboll and you ignore their comments is the part that makes little sense. Probably because it doesn’t fall in line with your attention seeking contrarian narrative. You speak of yourself as consistent in regards to your posts as opposed to most, with reference to being better than others yet again, but literally can’t remember the reasonings and excuses you used from a couple pages ago contradicting yourself over and over again. 

As pointed out though I’m just feeding into the black hole that is a conversation with yourself and have enabled it long enough. 

ouch randy orton GIF

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

That there is the entertainment part and what always gets me to check out VanS post. This thread would have been over in a few pages without his input.

He's equally good and bad for business. It's a paradox.

It's why I don't engage him, I let others engage him. The Wrestling gifs are more or less how I picture the debates actually going. 

23 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He's equally good and bad for business. It's a paradox.

It's why I don't engage him, I let others engage him. The Wrestling gifs are more or less how I picture the debates actually going. 

Haha, I usually don’t bother engaging as well as there are plenty of examples of doing so leading no where. This is the second time I’ve been sucked in, there will not be a third!

• Like 1