Mortal Kombat - April 23rd

RamRod

6 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

If you think it'll stop after the 2nd one, you're mistaken. If the second is remotely successful there will be 4. 

Yea but that’s not what he’s pointing out. The universalization of this MK move/franchise only comes into play at the very end.

If you let one of the fighters kill off Shang Shun and “end the treat to earthrealm” then we are done. That’s even without getting to the tournament. So take away his last threat, the smoke dissolve of the killed off characters, and the last scene setting up Johnny Cage and we have a complete film with no actual set up for sequels. 

And the only way you even know there could be/call things Easter eggs, is because there is previous lore out there. Which that has been done forever, it’s been done in films since they have been basing them on Novels. 

They actually did a very good job of resisting the obvious of setting up sequels too early, and killed off major characters, and said we will deal with that later

• Like 2

I really liked Mortal Kombat. We can all agree this one was better than the ones made in the past. I came away thinking how bad of a guy Sub-Zero is. Ive always thought he was a good guy. I felt like Scorpion shouldve been the bad guy. Sub-Zero is literally cold blooded and its definitely pun intended lol. Now he is certainly cool but so is Scorpion.

I hated Kung Lao died but it only made sense if someone was going to die it wouldve been him. His fatality was the best. Im hoping for another Mortal Kombat where we get to see the newer like Jackie Briggs and Cassie Cage. 

Edited by stl4life07
  • Like 1

Game-wise, I preferred Street Fighter II as a kid over Mortal Kombat, but as far as movies go, MK knocks it out of the park.

This movie was better than I thought it was going to be.  And, I absolutely love that they're trying to franchise/universe/whatever you want to call it.  Single, stand-alone movies are fine, but I love a good trilogy set to binge on a weekend.  Hopefully, I'll be adding these to my rotation someday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ataal said:

Game-wise, I preferred Street Fighter II as a kid over Mortal Kombat, but as far as movies go, MK knocks it out of the park.

This movie was better than I thought it was going to be.  And, I absolutely love that they're trying to franchise/universe/whatever you want to call it.  Single, stand-alone movies are fine, but I love a good trilogy set to binge on a weekend.  Hopefully, I'll be adding these to my rotation someday.

Super Street Fighter was my game when it came to the Street Fighter series. My favorite fighting game though of all-time is Killer Instinct. I wonder why they never made that into a movie? Would’ve loved to see who played Orchid and TJ Combo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Bye GIF by Tony Awards

The action scenes were cool but overall the story felt extremely rushed. I also think that the main characters entire story ark became 100% worthless after Scorpion somehow escaped hell to save the day anyways.  

20 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Super Street Fighter was my game when it came to the Street Fighter series. My favorite fighting game though of all-time is Killer Instinct. I wonder why they never made that into a movie? Would’ve loved to see who played Orchid and TJ Combo.

Oh, wow.  I had completely forgotten about Killer Instinct.  If I remember correctly, I played with Glacius quite a bit.

Street Fighter II was my go-to, mostly because for 25 cents, I could run through the entire game and beat it in almost exactly 45 minutes.  Ken was my go-to, but could beat the game with anyone.  Chun-Li was my second favorite.  So, it was a great time waster at the arcade or waiting for a parent to finish shopping if the game was at the store.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ataal said:

Oh, wow.  I had completely forgotten about Killer Instinct.  If I remember correctly, I played with Glacius quite a bit.

Street Fighter II was my go-to, mostly because for 25 cents, I could run through the entire game and beat it in almost exactly 45 minutes.  Ken was my go-to, but could beat the game with anyone.  Chun-Li was my second favorite.  So, it was a great time waster at the arcade or waiting for a parent to finish shopping if the game was at the store.  

Killer Instinct was where it was at in terms of fighting games. My favorite ones was Orchid and Chef Thunder. Although I did like TJ Combo as well. I just love doing the combos especially the ultra.

As for Street Fighters my favorite one was definitely Ken. He was so cool. Outside of him as I go down the long list of games in the series I like playing with Sagat, Akuma, Fei Long, and Seth. I think it’s awesome you beat the game that fast. I wasn’t good playing arcade so I mainly played it on my console. 

Edited by stl4life07
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Killer Instinct was where it was at in terms of fighting games. My favorite ones was Orchid and Chef Thunder. Although I did like TJ Combo as well. I just love doing the combos especially the ultra.

As for Street Fighters my favorite one was definitely Ken. He was so cool. Outside of him as I go down the long list of games in the series I like playing with Sagat, Akuma, Fei Long, and Seth. I think it’s awesome you beat the game that fast. I wasn’t good playing arcade so I mainly played it on my console. 

I was always way behind on the consoles.  Mom would wait until she could find one second-hand.  Finally got the Super Nintendo just to play Street Fighter II, but it just didn't feel the same.  I got so used to the joystick.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ataal said:

I was always way behind on the consoles.  Mom would wait until she could find one second-hand.  Finally got the Super Nintendo just to play Street Fighter II, but it just didn't feel the same.  I got so used to the joystick.  

I got you. I didn’t get the Super Nintendo till I got in my 20’s because I wanted to play Killer Instinct the original one along with Mario, NBA Jamz, and Street Fighter. I mainly had Sega Genesis, Nintendo Game Cube, Nintendo 64, and ever PlayStation ever made lol. 

• Like 1