2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The one way to guarantee we aren’t getting Watson is lowballing Houston

So you’re saying Houston would cut off their nose to spite their face?  2 FRP and a third is not a lowball offer especially considering how high the FRP are. If they were to storm off and not talk to us again then they would be behaving childish and hurt their team. I just can’t see Houston doing that. 

2 minutes ago, xrade said:

So you’re saying Houston would cut off their nose to spite their face?  2 FRP and a third is not a lowball offer especially considering how high the FRP are. If they were to storm off and not talk to us again then they would be behaving childish and hurt their team. I just can’t see Houston doing that. 

No but operating from a position of power when they have the prize isn't smart. Douglas knows the value of Watson but a good negotiator lets an offer come to him. Houston will have a price, an unreasonable one to start but I assure you that we wont spend too much nor rob them. 3 1sts will be the minimum just off of GP.

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

No but operating from a position of power when they have the prize isn't smart. Douglas knows the value of Watson but a good negotiator lets an offer come to him. Houston will have a price, an unreasonable one to start but I assure you that we wont spend too much nor rob them. 3 1sts will be the minimum just off of GP.

As I have said in previous posts I would wait for Houston to call first. They know we would be interested.

A question for you. If your Houston, would you want #2 in 2021, top 15 in 2022, and a 3rd in 2021 (#66)? Or would you want say Ind #21 in 2021, late 20’s in 2022, and late 20’s in 2023? Or Wash #19 in 2021, mid FRP in 2022 and 2023? I use those teams because they need a QB and have some cap space.

5 minutes ago, xrade said:

As I have said in previous posts I would wait for Houston to call first. They know we would be interested.

A question for you. If your Houston, would you want #2 in 2021, top 15 in 2022, and a 3rd in 2021 (#66)? Or would you want say Ind #21 in 2021, late 20’s in 2022, and late 20’s in 2023? Or Wash #19 in 2021, mid FRP in 2022 and 2023? I use those teams because they need a QB and have some cap space.

Well 1 they aren't trading him to Indy, so the offer between us and Washington I would choose the #2 pick just based off the guarantee it comes with, future picks are always valued as the 32nd pick in the 1st. 

However Houston doesn't have to trade him, we still have to remember that part. He cant hold out at the end of the day.

57 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I couldn't care for Sherman.  He talks too much.

Allen Robinson fits the bill, no question.  If not him, Corey Davis or Keelan Cole could work.

Thurney or Andrews could work there.  Fant likely stays but he is incredibly inconsistent.

I wasn’t saying I wanted Sherman - he just is solidifying that Saleh will attract players here.

10 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

I wasn’t saying I wanted Sherman - he just is solidifying that Saleh will attract players here.

I meant exactly.  Not interest in his comment. He is free spoken. Whatever comes in, he talks about it.  There is no future structure or logical plan in his talk.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

However Houston doesn't have to trade him, we still have to remember that part. He cant hold out at the end of the day.

As stated before, Houston still has Watson and a trade request has yet to happen. But we are working on the assumption that Houston does put Watson on the block.

At the end of the day, I think Houston keeps him. They may look to trade other assets like Watt to gather more picks. In fact they will have to do something to lower their cap. Not sure if they have any FRP material that they can trade. I also do not see Houston trading what few weapons Watson has like Cooks.

Why can’t he hold out?  It would be costly to him but he does not have to play if he has the cajones to do so. Is there a rule or something I am unaware of?  I forget now but was Bell under contract with Pitt when he held out?

Sherman saying these things means nothing really. What does matter is it seems to be a turn where our franchise is being talked about in a positive way. Which rarely happens for us. It does go to show that a guy like AR15 might only be interested in us if we have a QB. 

43 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

When was the last time a 25 year old top 5 QB hit the market?

This is pretty much an unprecedented situation no one saw coming 

I don't mean Watson alone.  Having Watson aboard may propel to heavy spent FA.

His at least 32m AAV starting next season means JD had to hit 100 percent at drafts. not 75. if they opted not to spend on FA to get to bring the higher level with Watson aboard.

29 minutes ago, xrade said:

As stated before, Houston still has Watson and a trade request has yet to happen. But we are working on the assumption that Houston does put Watson on the block.

At the end of the day, I think Houston keeps him. They may look to trade other assets like Watt to gather more picks. In fact they will have to do something to lower their cap. Not sure if they have any FRP material that they can trade. I also do not see Houston trading what few weapons Watson has like Cooks.

Why can’t he hold out?  It would be costly to him but he does not have to play if he has the cajones to do so. Is there a rule or something I am unaware of?  I forget now but was Bell under contract with Pitt when he held out?

Bell was tagged and held out, Watson would lose actual money if he held out. 

25 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Sherman saying these things means nothing really. What does matter is it seems to be a turn where our franchise is being talked about in a positive way. Which rarely happens for us. It does go to show that a guy like AR15 might only be interested in us if we have a QB. 

We've never not gotten free agents so I never worry about players not wanting to come here.