2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

23 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

How bad does the Eagles at 6, Carolina at 8, Denver at 9 need a QB ? And what will they be willing to give up to move up to the two slot ??

I don’t think Wilson or Fields are so good they should be trading away the farm for a QB. Hurts still needs a full season to see what he has. CAR is crazy if they think either of those guys are so much better than Teddy. And DEN is similar as PHI where I don’t think they’ve quite given up on Lock yet. I think if a Lance or Jones falls to these guys. They entertain drafting them. But I don’t see them making a big trade up for a guy. I think you have to realize what that price is. DEN to move up to 2 would cost them roughly... #9 and 2 future 1sts. And as I said... Wilson or Fields aren’t that can’t miss or great to where they should give that up.

A team like ATL makes the most sense for a trade up. 

31 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

All good points. I would even question why Atl. Would move up. They will be left with one of Fields or Wilson most likely. It would be a little risky if a team jumps them at 3, but why would any team do that?  They can just sit tight and draft QB or if both Fields and Wilson are somehow gone, go with someone else or trade down. They are an aging team with cap issues. They need the draft to get younger. Trading draft picks seems improbable. In the end, I thinks we stay at 2 and select a QB. 

2 hours ago, xrade said:

All good points. I would even question why Atl. Would move up. They will be left with one of Fields or Wilson most likely. It would be a little risky if a team jumps them at 3, but why would any team do that?  They can just sit tight and draft QB or if both Fields and Wilson are somehow gone, go with someone else or trade down. They are an aging team with cap issues. They need the draft to get younger. Trading draft picks seems improbable. In the end, I thinks we stay at 2 and select a QB. 

MIA hasn’t spoken like Tua is 100% there guy. While I don’t think they draft a QB... they might trade out if the pick.

51 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

they might trade out if the pick.

It really would be no different than trading up with us. If a team wants one of the two QB’s, it would not cost much more to move to 2 than to 3. If I were the Atl. GM, I would just stay at 4 and hope one of the QB’s fall. They still have Marty Ice and can wait until next year. Chances are they will be picking high again. They need there draft picks to get younger and cheaper. 

9 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t think Wilson or Fields are so good they should be trading away the farm for a QB. Hurts still needs a full season to see what he has. CAR is crazy if they think either of those guys are so much better than Teddy. And DEN is similar as PHI where I don’t think they’ve quite given up on Lock yet. I think if a Lance or Jones falls to these guys. They entertain drafting them. But I don’t see them making a big trade up for a guy. I think you have to realize what that price is. DEN to move up to 2 would cost them roughly... #9 and 2 future 1sts. And as I said... Wilson or Fields aren’t that can’t miss or great to where they should give that up.

The problem is we just don't know what is what the other GM's are thinking, will there be last minute panic like when the Eagles trade up twice to get Wentz. Or when we gave up three second round picks to move up only three spots to get Darnold. I still feel the longer we hold on to the second overall pick the more it is going to be worth. Over the next two months the so called draft experts will be playing up Wilson, & Fields  like they are the next coming of Johnny Unitas. Right now my biggest concern is how we do in the FA market. The one thing we have to do this offseason is to come out of it with at least one  top wide receiver we really need two. The way WR's were going down with injuries the last few year all over the NFL you really have to carry at least four top receives on your roster. The NFL is a passing league now more than ever before. The one thing I am dead against is giving away three first round picks, that has failed every time that has been done in the history of the NFL. So my message is be PATIENT and listen to the village elders like me.

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

The problem is we just don't know what is what the other GM's are thinking, will there be last minute panic like when the Eagles trade up twice to get Wentz. Or when we gave up three second round picks to move up only three spots to get Darnold. I still feel the longer we hold on to the second overall pick the more it is going to be worth. Over the next two months the so called draft experts will be playing up Wilson, & Fields  like they are the next coming of Johnny Unitas. Right now my biggest concern is how we do in the FA market. The one thing we have to do this offseason is to come out of it with at least one  top wide receiver we really need two. The way WR's were going down with injuries the last few year all over the NFL you really have to carry at least four top receives on your roster. The NFL is a passing league now more than ever before. The one thing I am dead against is giving away three first round picks, that has failed every time that has been done in the history of the NFL. So my message is be PATIENT and listen to the village elders like me.

Once FA starts and a few more QB pieces fall... the picture will become a bit clearer.

FA is only 2 weeks away from tomorrow.

I really only like T Law this year for a QB. If I had to list the QB this year this would be my order right now.

T Law

M. Jones

Wilosn

Fields

I do not give another QB a first round grade. I think Lance, Trask and the others really don't have a chance to be a good starting QB.

The 3 others for me are mid to low first round picks. I know all these teams are QB hungry so if forces them to the top as usual. This is a repeat of Mariota and Winston type draft. i gave those QB's mid to low first round grade too. I think Jones has the best chance to be a good starting QB after T Law. I thought Jones should have started over Tua too at Bama. I do hope the Jets take advantage and get a boat load in return for pick 2. I still think Sam is better than these guys except T Law and this is why I want to keep Sam over Wilson, Fields and Jones. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Once FA starts and a few more QB pieces fall... the picture will become a bit clearer.

FA is only 2 weeks away from tomorrow.

The one thing we have for the first time in 56 years is the best GM Douglas & head coach in Saleh since Weeb Ewbank & Sonny Weblin. We finally got that problem resolved. This is going to be a tough offseaon to put all the pieces together.